Client accusing carpet cleaner of theft | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Client accusing carpet cleaner of theft

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This guy is a nice guy. I doubt he would ever take something that didn’t belong to him. Just not his make up. Regardless you can see the customer is blaming him. How would you proceed?

fc0df95b9ec0d6b85243b21f461d1551.jpg

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Tell her to call the police and file a report and that you're willing to give a statement. They usually end up finding it a few months later behind a piece of furniture.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I was accused once of stealing a hand gun from a new customer that I never even saw too. The customer did not call me, but got the ATF involved. An agent called me and asked me about it. I told my side and evidently they believed me since I never heard from them again. I later found out the man's own son had stolen the gun. I refused of course to ever work for that person again. I put it to the agent like this. I've been in business here for many years. If something like that were proven on me it would totally destroy my business and I'm not risking that to steal anything from anyone. I still to this day don't own a gun although I'm definitely a Second Amendment supporter!

My own sister lost an expensive ring that was missing a good while. We took a trip together in her car to Kentucky. Guess where I found her ring? In the front floor of her car. I'd say either that woman lost or misplaced her ring or someone that was in her house took it. Either way, I would never work for such a person again.

Last edited:
Reactions: rob allen

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I agree with telling the customer to file a police report.
My business is worth way more than a couple of hundred bucks from a cheap gold ring.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
I agree with Randy. I have found money under furniture and will never take that because it is not mine. I put it on a table and tell the customer.

If I find money on the sidewalk and no one is around, I would take that.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Highly possible the ring doesn’t even exist in the first place. Let the police figure it out.

Going forward he should instruct them to remove all valuables before he arrives. As he does not want to take responsibility for them. This includes rings, that vase that maybe worth something, even the 5 dollars on the end table. They have to move it. I used to put loose things in baggies to move furniture. Not not more. I tell them you clear it off or you move the furniture your choice. This includes their damn clocks. Anyone ever been blamed for them oversleeping because you unplugged their clock? Lol i have many times. Now, they move their own clocks. Not my problem if they forget to reset it.

Reactions: vibra vacster