Cleanway, a division of Cintas? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cleanway, a division of Cintas?

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Are any of you familar with them? They have been calling and emailed me a new crew packet, I am not too sure what to expect. They tell me that they need someone in my area right away and will be sending me work within a week of submitting the paper work. Of course I asked what kind of work they have and the said its all commercial work and they have stores here but would not tell me what stores they are referring to. I got them listed on my insurance today will be faxing the paper work back to them in the morning. If anyone has done any work with them let me know what to expect. I have no idea if they have small cell phone stores are huge chain stores like Macy or Sears.

n2deep

Apr 14, 2012
Houston Texas
Real Name
Phillip Scott
Business Location
United States
Sounds kinda like what Jani king and other national janitorial companies do. You get the work but its for pennies and if your not doing it yourself you won't make much money. Basically they get bigger and you don't because you can afford to hire anyone at there rates. Hope it works out for you though. Good luck.

Eric Olsen

Sep 12, 2008
Erie, PA
www.reallycleanfloors.com
Real Name
Eric Olsen
Business Location
United States
We also were contacted. We submitted all info. They require companies have worker's comp, lots of insurance coverage, & submit to a background check. (no complaints there - everyone should do business the right way) Then they offered us a job to clean 1500sf office with moving some of the furniture with HWE for less than half of what we would normally charge. And, the job is more than 15 miles away. We declined the job. The 2nd job they offered, they did not give a price but asked us to look at the business and then give them a price. We haven't heard back.
We know our break-even numbers. There is no way we can afford to pay to run the truck mount, pay our employees, have sufficient insurance & worker's comp, pay for fuel & chemicals and make a profit at 5 cents per sf. Can't do it. Won't do it.
If the job that they offer to you makes sense for you to do, go for it.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
bump, is this so good that nobody wants to share or is it like a secret cult no one wants to admit to?

If you want the facts they will give you the COGS and nothing more.

Not a penny more, your job is to figure out what the COGS.

kingjoelking

Mar 26, 2008
AZ
www.whatsinyourcarpets.com
Real Name
Joel Riggs
Business Location
United States
I would Imagine Cintas will pay decently. They actually run there own trucks in the big city's. They run Vortex's here in Phoenix. I have also been told they charge premium prices for carpet cleaning.

Reactions: Bill Yeadon

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I posted a long reply yesterday. But it disappeared. See how much info I can post before I get called away.

Our company worked for Cleanway during 2 lean years. There were several branches that worked independently. At that time they did not have any affiliation with Cintas. So, things may be different now.

The stores we did were mostly in malls. A lot of KB toys, Walden Books, Coach, Wilson Leather, several shoe stores, Claires, etc. Also a lot of Blockbuster and Hollywood videos. We twice did a big store with over 150 K sq. ft. but that was the exception.

The base pay was not much. Most were in the range of 5 to 8 cents per sq. ft. If the stores were beyond your normal travel distance, you could ask for a travel bonus that was usually pretty generous.

You would also get the occasional water damage call. They would pay whatever your normal fee was for emergency services.

It took awhile to get all the paperwork in the system and get the first check. But after that payment was pretty regular at 30 days.

Many of the stores were on a 2, 3 or 4 time per year schedule. We tried to schedule a lot of work during our slow winter months. If we were booked, we would turn down some jobs. They usually found someone else, but if they could not find anyone else, they would offer more money to squeeze it in.

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I posted a long reply yesterday. But it disappeared. See how much info I can post before I get called away.

Our company worked for Cleanway during 2 lean years. There were several branches that worked independently. At that time they did not have any affiliation with Cintas. So, things may be different now.

The stores we did were mostly in malls. A lot of KB toys, Walden Books, Coach, Wilson Leather, several shoe stores, Claires, etc. Also a lot of Blockbuster and Hollywood videos. We twice did a big store with over 150 K sq. ft. but that was the exception.

The base pay was not much. Most were in the range of 5 to 8 cents per sq. ft. If the stores were beyond your normal travel distance, you could ask for a travel bonus that was usually pretty generous.

You would also get the occasional water damage call. They would pay whatever your normal fee was for emergency services.

It took awhile to get all the paperwork in the system and get the first check. But after that payment was pretty regular at 30 days.

Many of the stores were on a 2, 3 or 4 time per year schedule. We tried to schedule a lot of work during our slow winter months. If we were booked, we would turn down some jobs. They usually found someone else, but if they could not find anyone else, they would offer more money to squeeze it in.
Thanks for the info Scott, finally someone that has delt with them. It sounds like they dont have anyone here in my area so Im hoping that I will be able to increase the profits off that fact. If anyone is interested I will keep you posted on how it turns out. I submitted my paperwork yesterday, they was not asking for anything out of the ordinary as far as insurance coverage and they said that they will have it processed within a week.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
UPDATE- I got a call from Cleanway on Friday for a jewelry store that was due for a cleaning, they emailed me the scope of the job (not including SF or price) with instructions to go look at it and introduce myself with Cleanway but not to discuss pricing. Ok no big deal I had to drop off an invoice on that side of town this morning so I went to inspect it, 1,100 sf commercial carpet medium traffic with about 6 dark stains from their jewelry cleaner. They wanted the cleaning done on a Sunday evening at 8:00 and its about 40 miles from my house. I called Cleanway to give them the price, I priced it out at .20 sf for a total of $220. They said that they pay $80.00 for the cleaning, I told them that I would be loosing money on it. They upped the offer to $90.00 and I passed on it, they said that they will call me with some larger jobs soon. Im not holding my breath or getting excited waiting for the phone to ring.

Pat Carroll

Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2008
www.uscarpetcare.us
Real Name
Pat Carroll
Business Location
United States
It sounds like they want most of the money while you do all of the work...... I bet the larger jobs are just as bad an offer too.

You should switch things around on them and just tell them you will give them a 10% finders fee for any thing they send you.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
It sounds like they want most of the money while you do all of the work...... I bet the larger jobs are just as bad an offer too.

You should switch things around on them and just tell them you will give them a 10% finders fee for any thing they send you.
The price they said they would pay works out to be $0.07 sf, there is no way I could do that for 1,100 sf. Working on a Sunday night on top of that with a 80 mile round trip.

PhillySteamMasters

Jul 29, 2012
Philly
www.phillysteammasters.com
Real Name
Brendan
Business Location
United States
These guys gave me a similar job, just recently. Jewelry store. Sent me out to the location to take measurements and come up with a estimate. After I had done the insurance thing and filled out the paperwork and even had to pay $50.00 to have them added to my insurance as "First listed insured". Anyway, my normal price is about $.25 cents/SF but, seeing how I really wanted an opportunity to get in with this company, I dropped it to $.20 cents/SF. At approx. 3,500 square feet, I came to a price of $700.00. When i had told them my price, they told me they only offer $100.00 for the job. I said "Hell no!" but, my partner thought he could bargain with them. He agreed to do the job for $100.00 one time and they promised to send us a boat load of work worth a lot more, as long as they received a record of satisfaction from the management of the store. We agreed. Set it up to do the job on a Sunday evening at about 5:30pm. We were in and out in 2 hours. We did only the areas specified by Cleanway and used only the chemicals they asked us to use. They wanted it cleaned with pre-conditioner and a De-foamer, nothing more. The next day, we spoke to the gentleman on the phone, regarding the store and he stated they were not happy with our service. We immediately went back to the store and spoke with the manager who stated she was very satisfied with the job we did but, wa not satisfied that we did not do other areas, that were not part of the work order. We explained to her that we are sub-contracting for a much bigger company and that it was not up to us to do this but, she would have to explain it to Cleanway. The next day, Cleanway asked us if we would go back, at no additional cost, to do the areas she had pointed out that were not originally part of the work order. Again, we agreed, went back and finished the job. The manager of the store gave the word of satisfaction. And, that was that.

Now, the man from Cleanway, who promised us all this work, making all this money has not called us once with another job. When we call him, he has nothing. After all we have been through on this first job, we are not happy with Cleanway, one bit. We don't even want to submit the paperwork to get paid. I don't like these companies and would love to work them out of the picture completely. I plan to.

Sure Clean

Feb 9, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Real Name
Adam Effron
Business Location
United States
I'm glad I decided to check some reviews, I had just submitted my paperwork. Lets see what happens. It has been awhile since the last review. I will keep all posted.

cush

Jun 16, 2009
Star, Id
Real Name
chris cushing
Business Location
United States
Think of these companies as nothing more than pimps. They get in to national companies by dropping their prices then try and sub it out for even less. The managers of the stores are pissed because they have to call corporate who then call the management company who then calls you all for dirt cheap prices. Then you submit your bill to management company who bills corporation who then checks with store management to make sure job was done to satisfaction. Store manager ok's payment, corporation pays property manager, property manager pays you. Anyone see anything that could possibly go wrong here? The whole time the local business manager is pissed because they know they would get better service if they just called a local company directly. I would say cut to the chase and find your own commercial contracts.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Couldn't Have said it BETTER! You hit the Nail on the Head there Chris!

Jerry Valentine

Sep 25, 2008
Real Name
Jerry Valentine
I did work for them 15 years ago , they always paid on time and after working with them for a few months we did fine ways of getting more money out of them . We delt with the head office in New York

Most of the work was mall stores , we did do some out of town jobs and got paid well for it...over all it wasn't worth the hassle ,and I would,nt go back ..there,s better ways to make money cleaning carpet

Reactions: aloha one