CleanStorm 12-6800AFAD Vs. Mytee Vortex Lite

bmxin

Jan 18, 2019
Real Name
David VanderMeer
I was looking through several forums and have yet to find a comparison of these two extractors. Specifically I need a lighter weight portable with maximum power for a apartment high rise. If you parked near the curb you would need 400+ft of hose so TM Or ETM setup is out.
The CleanStorm has an 800psi pump, 20gpm pump out, (2) 6.6 vacs all on dual 15amp. It can also be fitted with 2"hose
Mytee vortex has 3gpm pumVortex lite has been hyped up by some influencers which does create bias.

bmxin

Jan 18, 2019
Real Name
David VanderMeer
Thanks Ed, I'll have to double check, Steambrite's published numbers

Making the amps go down, I believe running the CleanStorm @300psi and maybe those 6.6s are not the same as Mytee LX's?

I did have the chance to run a Vortex lite it did just fine off a 15amp running both vacs with [email protected] I've had good luck with a Sandia Sniper 1200(16/19amp) running in separate 15amp. You always can soft start by having everything hooked up and wand on floor.

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
I was looking through several forums and have yet to find a comparison of these two extractors. Specifically I need a lighter weight portable with maximum power for a apartment high rise. If you parked near the curb you would need 400+ft of hose so TM Or ETM setup is out.
The CleanStorm has an 800psi pump, 20gpm pump out, (2) 6.6 vacs all on dual 15amp. It can also be fitted with 2"hose
Mytee vortex has 3gpm pumVortex lite has been hyped up by some influencers which does create bias.
Get one from your local distributor if you can. That way if you have problems with it, or need another one, you won't have to wait for weeks.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Bet your demand on amps are more than 15. Better double check.
Im thinking they are using 230v pumps. So they say in their video. This would really screw guys over that fight to find seperate circuits. Because the only way to get 230 is to not only find seperate circuits. But also find circuits that are on opposite buss bars. This could make a guy toss it off the top floor of a high rise lol.
Screenshot_20201117-153951_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited: