Cleaning VCT

leofry

Feb 12, 2009
bardstown kentucky
Real Name
john rogers
Was unsure where to post or ask this but but being am not stripping and waxing i thought i would just put it here.
Ok i know the right procedure on VCT but i have a client who says they don;t care about it being shiny they just want it cleaned ... so what would you use the spinner ? what product ?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Was unsure where to post or ask this but but being am not stripping and waxing i thought i would just put it here.
Ok i know the right procedure on VCT but i have a client who says they don;t care about it being shiny they just want it cleaned ... so what would you use the spinner ? what product ?
Does it have finish on it now?

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
I have a dry cleaner's I do once a year. They don't want any finish on the VCT because whatever chemicals they use leaves little white spots all over it. I use a tile spinner and some general degreaser which leaves it nice and clean with no finish and they are very happy and have been now for over 10 years.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Be careful on some of the newer glues using a spinner could damage the hold of the glue and make it release. I personally wouldn't do it. Just use a swing machine and a green pad with a good cleaner. At least that's my advice.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I have a dry cleaner's I do once a year. They don't want any finish on the VCT because whatever chemicals they use leaves little white spots all over it. I use a tile spinner and some general degreaser which leaves it nice and clean with no finish and they are very happy and have been now for over 10 years.
Makes sense. Congrats on that 10 year account, those are sure nice to have for the cash flow.

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
Makes sense. Congrats on that 10 year account, those are sure nice to have for the cash flow.
Thanks - unfortunately it is only once a year and not very big, but she's a cheerleader for my business and sends me referrals all the time. This is a hand-me-down account my father started probably even more than 10 years but they've been in the same building that long

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
10 years is a long time to keep accounts. Seems like when places get new management they make changes often, my experience is no matter how great of a job you have done in the past it means nothing to new managers. I've had several that start getting bids to compare prices without taking into account what we have done and all the times be bent over backwards for them before they started working there.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
10 years is a long time to keep accounts. Seems like when places get new management they make changes often, my experience is no matter how great of a job you have done in the past it means nothing to new managers. I've had several that start getting bids to compare prices without taking into account what we have done and all the times be bent over backwards for them before they started working there.
Your telling me Jason.
I lost a 55,000.00 a year account I had for 12 years. Never had a single issue and everyone Loved Aloha Carpet.
New fool came in and within 2 months we were fired for no other reason than he wanted HIS People in there.
Ego trip of most ALL new managers wanting to exercise their power in an attempt to prove that they're boss.
FUKRS!

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Your telling me Jason.
I lost a 55,000.00 a year account I had for 12 years. Never had a single issue and everyone Loved Aloha Carpet.
New fool came in and within 2 months we were fired for no other reason than he wanted HIS People in there.
Ego trip of most ALL new managers wanting to exercise their power in an attempt to prove that they're boss.
FUKRS!
I was under contract with military housing, they have 5-6k houses. New manager came in from a small base 90 miles away and brought her guys in. I lost $50k+ a year, I thought it was going to cripple my business but within 2 years I doubled our business.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I wouldn't suggest vct with no finish. It is meant to have a finish on it. Without sealed it will get quickly stained and will look horrible. It's like wood, it will absorbed all kinds of stuff, even off your shoes.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I was under contract with military housing, they have 5-6k houses. New manager came in from a small base 90 miles away and brought her guys in. I lost $50k+ a year, I thought it was going to cripple my business but within 2 years I doubled our business.
OUCH! Glad you're doing well bro. Losing an acct like that sure has a way of lighting a bon fire under our asses eh?