Cleaning upholstery with grand slam?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I'm out of upholstery cleaner and I was wondering of using my pre spray for carpet would work? The upholstery is a regular fabric. They said nothing fancy. Thanks!

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
From what I know, you should be careful with normal pre-sprays. They are meant to penetrate deep into fibers, while upholstery pre-sprays are meant to sit on the surface. I'm sure it can be done, but just like clean steps said, rinse and make sure it's all out. Do use a pump sprayer as well, and depending on the fiber, check your psi so you're not going into the padding.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
I have had bad luck with biobreak prespray on white upholstery. Left water marks had 2 compaints easy fix though

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I think somebody told me grand slam was similar to grime release pro. If it is, I've used grime release on plenty of furniture. I usually just use a spray bottle to apply and lightly brush in. Lately I have been usually Oxy Encap Pro instead though. I like that it is a neutral PH and really brightens fabric bc of the peroxide. Cost a little more to use than grime release but worth it to me for the results.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I recommend a neutral heavy duty prespray for furniture. We made one and it cleans virtually any fabric. Now if your cleaning micro fiber (polyester) throw anything including Grand Slam or Grime Release Pro (there both copies of Prochem Ultrapac) cause you ain't gonna hurt it.

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I recommend a neutral heavy duty prespray for furniture. We made one and if cleans virtually any fabric. Now if your cleaning micro fiber (polyester) throw anything including Grand Slam or Grime Release Pro (there both copies of Prochem Ultrapac) cause you ain't gonna hurt it.

You can clean microfiber with a flame thrower. (y)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen