cleaning up after another cleaner

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
referral from a realtor called me up and needed their carpet cleaned on a particular day before it goes on the market - last minute as usual. I had that day booked and could not move the appointment so said sorry. Well low and behold that appointment called the day before to reschedule due to the painter running behind, so I called the gal up and told her that if she was still interested, I could do it for her. She says she already had another cleaner that was going to show up the next day at 8am. Job was for 3 bedrooms, hall and Family Room - no furniture to move.

Got a text at 9:30am the next day and the lady said that she was not happy with the cleaning and wanted to know if I could come over and reclean it. He was there all of an hour. I said sure that I would be there as soon as I could. Not quite sure what I was going to run into.

Got there and carpet was slightly damp. Quite honestly I thought they would be wetter but I know the company and they do have an Everest so that makes sense. Granted I don't know what the carpet looked like before he started cleaning. Pictures tell the rest of the story.

PS I was there for 3 hours and charge 3x as much! (but that's for another thread)
mmm 001.JPG
mmm 002.JPG
mmm 004.JPG
mmm 007.JPG
mmm 009.JPG
mmm 010.JPG
mmm 013.JPG
mmm 015.JPG

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
referral from a realtor called me up and needed their carpet cleaned on a particular day before it goes on the market - last minute as usual. I had that day booked and could not move the appointment so said sorry. Well low and behold that appointment called the day before to reschedule due to the painter running behind, so I called the gal up and told her that if she was still interested, I could do it for her. She says she already had another cleaner that was going to show up the next day at 8am. Job was for 3 bedrooms, hall and Family Room - no furniture to move.

Got a text at 9:30am the next day and the lady said that she was not happy with the cleaning and wanted to know if I could come over and reclean it. He was there all of an hour. I said sure that I would be there as soon as I could. Not quite sure what I was going to run into.

Got there and carpet was slightly damp. Quite honestly I thought they would be wetter but I know the company and they do have an Everest so that makes sense. Granted I don't know what the carpet looked like before he started cleaning. Pictures tell the rest of the story.

PS I was there for 3 hours and charge 3x as much! (but that's for another thread)
View attachment 76475View attachment 76476View attachment 76477View attachment 76478View attachment 76479View attachment 76480View attachment 76481View attachment 76482
How could a guy with a tm leave it in unsatisfactory condition?

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
The first guy leaving that spotter, not gonna help for a call back. Yikes! I am reminded the gift about which i need to be concerned is a clean carpet.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

Honestly the equipment is useless if the technician either doesn’t know how to or doesn’t care to do the job right. I could use a rug doctor and make the carpet look better than the first guy did. There’s a lot more to cleaning than just the equipment.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
many machines can be called a TM but doesnt mean it isnt clogged, leaking oil, busted heat exchangers, rat nest van

also even in great working condition still takes common sense which unfortunately a lot in this industry lack

one reason I love this industry just like I loved the landscape construction industry... 70% of the competition is a joke

Reactions: PATRICK YANELLO

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

View attachment 76475View attachment 76476View attachment 76477View attachment 76478View attachment 76479View attachment 76480View attachment 76481View attachment 76482

Nice job!

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
105 for 4 areas and a hallway.... running an everest?

thats his first problem

funny thing. In another post I made a comment about how carpet cleaners come and go and there was only one other cleaner that is still in business that was around when we first started. This is the one!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
funny thing. In another post I made a comment about how carpet cleaners come and go and there was only one other cleaner that is still in business that was around when we first started. This is the one!
Wow!

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog

I don't think you should of posted that guys business on this forum man. Not cool. You should really take it down.

Reactions: ccclean and ero

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
I don't think you should of posted that guys business on this forum man. Not cool. You should really take it down.
Why?
In my opinion? Just a low class thing to do. The man isn't here to defend himself. Remember there's two sides to every story my friend. If you're not gonna give him the opportunity to explain himself then you should really leave his name out of it.

Last edited:

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
your right, should not have posted the last picture of his invoice.

The only reason I posted it is because of the comment he made on the receipt - *carpet was very dirty*

sorry

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Don't apologize to me. Apologize to the man you publicly humiliated on a world wide forum.

I cant agree he was humiliated, if anything it a good wake up call to slow down and reflect on your cleaning method, consider that maybe you should re plan your strategy.

I wouldnt get upset, unless its being printed or blogged around with intent on direct humiliation.