Cleaning In The dark | Page 2 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cleaning In The dark

Discussion in 'Carpet Repair-Installs & Hard Surfaces' started by Travis Teague, Nov 12, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,211 / 19 / -0
    genius

2. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,211 / 19 / -0
    it annoys some homeowners but first thing we do is flick on all lights and open curtains and blinds.

it’s amazing how many spots are revealed this way

3. longkenn

longkenn Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    Floor Care
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +4,278 / 7 / -0
    I went into a home once and turned the lights on where we would be working. Went to the truck to get the tools and came back to rooms where the lights were off. Presprayed and then went to the truck again. Came back to find lights off and ceiling fans on high. I went and explained to the customer that we needed to keep the ceiling fans off until after we cleaned and the lights on and that we would turn the lights off when we got done with a room. I could tell she was just itching to turn the lights off and the fans on. She said that she wanted to leave the fans on so that it would dry fast. I told her that it would be fine to do after we were finished but leave the fans off until AFTER we get done! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,211 / 19 / -0
    haha

i just go back through and turn lights back on lol

5. Travis Teague

Travis Teague Active Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +349 / 0 / -0
    Lol, they do this to me all the time.
    Haha.

6. Robert86

Robert86 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +1,172 / 1 / -0
    My biggest issue with lights is figuring out which breaker turns them off. About half my accounts being commercial don't use light switches, they want the lights off when I'm done but don't mark the right breakers and the chart in the panel is often wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  7. keep it clean

Premium VIP

Dec 3, 2012
    Male
    carpet cleaning/installation
    Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2 / -0
    Lol flip all the mains. Fug-em! Too cheap to put contactors in. One switch can kill them all.

8. Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +1,172 / 1 / -0
    It gets really confusing when you get into places like supermarkets that have been remodeled a half dozen times. The panel for parking lot lights is in the produce room, panel for the produce room in in the electrical room, bakery panel is in the receiving bay, half the lights turn off via switches in the store manager's office, 1/4 of the lights turns off via breaker switches in the break room, 1/4 turn off via breakers in the meat room. The meat saw breaker is in the compactor room, the meat grinder breaker is in the dair hallway. And for some reason the beer coolers can be turned off via a light switch in the employee bathroom.... It took me 5 years working that place to figure out where everything was.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dafloorman

Dafloorman Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +1,628 / 7 / -0
    Yesss, this is the only issue I have with lights, some people are like vampires! Lol. We need all the lights on especially when we’re doing marble polishing jobs!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scott Kaun

Scott Kaun Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Male
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, apartments around here were built with lamp idea in bedrooms, fall and winter I'd have to carry lights. Sucks. I do rentals end of most my days.

11. AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP

May 15, 2016
    Ratings:
    +123 / 1 / -0
    Yep me too mate

12. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,713 / 0 / -0
    Lind Lighting has some incredible options for you guys. LED, battery operated, and 360-degree lighting so you can plop it in one spot and light the entire area. You can even get a smexy little case for it, too. They sell on Amazon. Not the cheapest in the world, but oh are they nice. I got to play with some at Herc Rentals, and you practically need sunglasses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +1,172 / 1 / -0
    I'm going to look those up, might be nice to have for a number of reasons. I've used the battery powered LED studio lights my wife uses for her photography before. But shhh, she doesn't know I used them ;)

14. Rick J

Rick J Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +589 / 4 / -0
    I have a bunch of those!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sierra Clean Care

Sierra Clean Care Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,153 / 6 / -0
    That’s what I was talking about tripod light. Except mines old school halogen.