Cleaning In The dark

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
it annoys some homeowners but first thing we do is flick on all lights and open curtains and blinds.

it’s amazing how many spots are revealed this way

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
it annoys some homeowners but first thing we do is flick on all lights and open curtains and blinds.

it’s amazing how many spots are revealed this way
I went into a home once and turned the lights on where we would be working. Went to the truck to get the tools and came back to rooms where the lights were off. Presprayed and then went to the truck again. Came back to find lights off and ceiling fans on high. I went and explained to the customer that we needed to keep the ceiling fans off until after we cleaned and the lights on and that we would turn the lights off when we got done with a room. I could tell she was just itching to turn the lights off and the fans on. She said that she wanted to leave the fans on so that it would dry fast. I told her that it would be fine to do after we were finished but leave the fans off until AFTER we get done! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
haha

i just go back through and turn lights back on lol

I went into a home once and turned the lights on where we would be working. Went to the truck to get the tools and came back to rooms where the lights were off. Presprayed and then went to the truck again. Came back to find lights off and ceiling fans on high. I went and explained to the customer that we needed to keep the ceiling fans off until after we cleaned and the lights on and that we would turn the lights off when we got done with a room. I could tell she was just itching to turn the lights off and the fans on. She said that she wanted to leave the fans on so that it would dry fast. I told her that it would be fine to do after we were finished but leave the fans off until AFTER we get done! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Lol, they do this to me all the time.
Haha.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
My biggest issue with lights is figuring out which breaker turns them off. About half my accounts being commercial don't use light switches, they want the lights off when I'm done but don't mark the right breakers and the chart in the panel is often wrong.

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
My biggest issue with lights is figuring out which breaker turns them off. About half my accounts being commercial don't use light switches, they want the lights off when I'm done but don't mark the right breakers and the chart in the panel is often wrong.
Lol flip all the mains. Fug-em! Too cheap to put contactors in. One switch can kill them all.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Lol flip all the mains. Fug-em! Too cheap to put contactors in. One switch can kill them all.
It gets really confusing when you get into places like supermarkets that have been remodeled a half dozen times. The panel for parking lot lights is in the produce room, panel for the produce room in in the electrical room, bakery panel is in the receiving bay, half the lights turn off via switches in the store manager's office, 1/4 of the lights turns off via breaker switches in the break room, 1/4 turn off via breakers in the meat room. The meat saw breaker is in the compactor room, the meat grinder breaker is in the dair hallway. And for some reason the beer coolers can be turned off via a light switch in the employee bathroom.... It took me 5 years working that place to figure out where everything was.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Yesss, this is the only issue I have with lights, some people are like vampires! Lol. We need all the lights on especially when we’re doing marble polishing jobs!

Scott Kaun

Jun 17, 2012
Real Name
Scott Kaun
Exactly, apartments around here were built with lamp idea in bedrooms, fall and winter I'd have to carry lights. Sucks. I do rentals end of most my days.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Lind Lighting has some incredible options for you guys. LED, battery operated, and 360-degree lighting so you can plop it in one spot and light the entire area. You can even get a smexy little case for it, too. They sell on Amazon. Not the cheapest in the world, but oh are they nice. I got to play with some at Herc Rentals, and you practically need sunglasses.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Lind Lighting has some incredible options for you guys. LED, battery operated, and 360-degree lighting so you can plop it in one spot and light the entire area. You can even get a smexy little case for it, too. They sell on Amazon. Not the cheapest in the world, but oh are they nice. I got to play with some at Herc Rentals, and you practically need sunglasses.

I'm going to look those up, might be nice to have for a number of reasons. I've used the battery powered LED studio lights my wife uses for her photography before. But shhh, she doesn't know I used them ;)

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.

That’s what I was talking about tripod light. Except mines old school halogen.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
As long as we're throwin out ideas. I keep a 200 watt inverter in my van and have used it to power a lamp when the location had no power. That could be rigged to even run off your TM with the proper adapter for battery connection. Sometimes I use a Bayco rechargeable led that I've kept in the van for years and have used quite a few times.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
As long as we're throwin out ideas. I keep a 200 watt inverter in my van and have used it to power a lamp when the location had no power. That could be rigged to even run off your TM with the proper adapter for battery connection. Sometimes I use a Bayco rechargeable led that I've kept in the van for years and have used quite a few times.
I have a 200 watt inverter also. Great to have.