Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Car mats are really tough to clean.

sobediny

Aug 6, 2018
Real Name
sobediny F
These simple mats that you beat with your feet are a surprisingly important part of basic maintenance. Rather than staining the carpet, the floor mat takes your abuse instead. This is especially true in areas with terrible winters. That frozen slush you track into your ride will eventually melt, and with no carpet protection, it's going straight to the floor pan to cause rust.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
When I sold commercial cleaning chemicals we were taught to instruct the customer that there should be enough walk off mats to ensure the first 3 steps into the building are on mats.
100 people will carry 1 lb of dirt into a building.
I tell all my residential customers to do the same.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
We offer a total of 30’ of matting starting 8’ out side the door and the rest divided between the doors and after the second set of doors into the building.
I usually offer a seasonal price as a-posed to a per cleaning charge.
We sell them the matting and just clean them.
I’ve done pricing both ways and find we make more money charging seasonally. As well the. We don’t “own” the mats either. When the start to get wore out I’m not stuck with the cost of replacing them. I usually sell mat-tec matting Chevron black. $4.50 per sq’. As well as mat-door finger pic mats. And finally just plain gripper mats. The kind that can just be shaken out.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
We offer a total of 30’ of matting starting 8’ out side the door and the rest divided between the doors and after the second set of doors into the building.
I usually offer a seasonal price as a-posed to a per cleaning charge.
We sell them the matting and just clean them.
I’ve done pricing both ways and find we make more money charging seasonally. As well the. We don’t “own” the mats either. When the start to get wore out I’m not stuck with the cost of replacing them. I usually sell mat-tec matting Chevron black. $4.50 per sq’. As well as mat-door finger pic mats. And finally just plain gripper mats. The kind that can just be shaken out.
Here a lot of linen supply companies lease mats and they pick up and launder them weekly.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Here a lot of linen supply companies lease mats and they pick up and launder them weekly.
There are here as well. The trouble with letting anyone else into your contract is your opening the door for them. First it’s carpet rental, then it’s chemicals, then It’s washroom supplies. There’s even some of these damn company’s that do Janitorial services. We have enough competition with out inviting them into the building.
It’s nice to “bite” them back once in a while. Just got one of them booted out of a sports arena last week. They were working there way into my company’s area. I worked over time to get there fast talking sales man booted. Theses company’s are dangerous to a Janitorial company.