Cleaning and Sealing Concrete for urine odor

Discussion in 'Carpet Repair-Installs & Hard Surfaces' started by Avdo, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Avdo

Avdo Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +523 / 3 / -0
    I have a job in the works that will have to have some carpets patched. I will have to clean and seal concrete under the carpet. What product do you guys use to clean and seal concrete?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. keep it clean

Premium VIP

Dec 3, 2012
    Male
    carpet cleaning/installation
    Pa
    Ratings:
    +5,204 / 2 / -0
    Kilz Original for sealer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Avdo

Avdo Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +523 / 3 / -0
    Thank you sir

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. keep it clean

Premium VIP

Dec 3, 2012
    Male
    carpet cleaning/installation
    Pa
    Ratings:
    +5,204 / 2 / -0
    Pros choice has a sealer too. But ive always found kilz to work. Can get it at any home store qt, gal, or 5 gal. Dries fast too. I give it minimum 2 coats.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Soho Rug Cleaning

Feb 23, 2017
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    1. First, thoroughly sweep the surface of all dirt and debris.
    2. Remove any grease, oil, mastic or paint, choosing your cleaner based on the stains that you have.
    3. After the stains have been removed, mop with floor cleaner and water.
    4. Any cracks or pitting will need to be filled in before applying the sealer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dupont Circle Carpet Cleaning

Feb 22, 2017
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    If you have pet urine odor or stains in carpet and have tried the typical solutions (like vinegar, ammonia, rubbing alcohol, etc.), then you should definitely try the enzymatic approach here too — just like with pet odors and stains on concrete. And as with concrete, you need something that will get in and penetrate the fabric (in the case of pet stained carpet), and break down the odor-causing elements of the stain. Urine-off makes a wonderful enzymatic solution that is perfectly safe for you and your pets. Getting this is a very small investment to pay for removing pet odors and urine stains from carpet!

7. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Male
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +1,108 / 6 / -0
    Kilz extreme.. then I would prob lay a plastic barrier on top once its dry

8. Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    Owner Operator
    Serving the greater Charlotte area
    Ratings:
    +654 / 1 / -0
    Sweep, bleach and water 4:1, force dry while you eat lunch. Kilz works very well.
    On a new install I have bleached concrete only (no sealer) on terrible urine contamination and went back for a water damage a month later and had no issues. The new tenant never knew a thing. Sealer is extra insurance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. justlife

justlife Active Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Kilz Original for sealer always worked for me

10. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,012 / 19 / -0
    love how fast it dries just make sure to open some windows it stinks lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    Owner Operator
    Serving the greater Charlotte area
    Ratings:
    +654 / 1 / -0
    The old version of pro's choice odor barrier was great, it was shellac based but it sure jacked up a pump sprayer like nobody's business. We made lots of flubber unintentionally lol

12. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +9,912 / 11 / -1
    Fiberlock has new product - Recon a new max formulation. This is guaranteed to seal in any odor. I have heard some amazing results using it to seal odors from pets, fires, cigarette smoke, etc.

Available in white or clear. gallons or 5 gallon pails.

Here is a link - https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CR673GL

• Like Like x 1