Cleaning and Sealing Concrete for urine odor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Avdo

Oct 12, 2013
Real Name
Avdo Avdic
I have a job in the works that will have to have some carpets patched. I will have to clean and seal concrete under the carpet. What product do you guys use to clean and seal concrete?

Avdo

Oct 12, 2013
Real Name
Avdo Avdic
Thank you sir

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Pros choice has a sealer too. But ive always found kilz to work. Can get it at any home store qt, gal, or 5 gal. Dries fast too. I give it minimum 2 coats.

Feb 23, 2017
Real Name
Reshef Harpaz
  1. First, thoroughly sweep the surface of all dirt and debris.
  2. Remove any grease, oil, mastic or paint, choosing your cleaner based on the stains that you have.
  3. After the stains have been removed, mop with floor cleaner and water.
  4. Any cracks or pitting will need to be filled in before applying the sealer.

Feb 22, 2017
Real Name
Reshef Harpaz
If you have pet urine odor or stains in carpet and have tried the typical solutions (like vinegar, ammonia, rubbing alcohol, etc.), then you should definitely try the enzymatic approach here too — just like with pet odors and stains on concrete. And as with concrete, you need something that will get in and penetrate the fabric (in the case of pet stained carpet), and break down the odor-causing elements of the stain. Urine-off makes a wonderful enzymatic solution that is perfectly safe for you and your pets. Getting this is a very small investment to pay for removing pet odors and urine stains from carpet!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Sweep, bleach and water 4:1, force dry while you eat lunch. Kilz works very well.
On a new install I have bleached concrete only (no sealer) on terrible urine contamination and went back for a water damage a month later and had no issues. The new tenant never knew a thing. Sealer is extra insurance.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Fiberlock has new product - Recon a new max formulation. This is guaranteed to seal in any odor. I have heard some amazing results using it to seal odors from pets, fires, cigarette smoke, etc.

Available in white or clear. gallons or 5 gallon pails.

Here is a link - https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CR673GL