Cleaning a jet | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cleaning a jet

jsmithjr

Dec 3, 2015
Real Name
jerry smith
Anyone clean a jet before? Cleaning the wool carpeting and 12 leather chairs. Never done it before, not worried about it just seeing if you guys have any suggestions. I've always found y'all very helpful.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Oh brother I thought you were asking about cleaning out a jet like at the wand. So then No I have never cleaned a jet.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I have. The company we worked for refurbished private jets. Expensive wool carpet. Not ordinary wool carpet as I was told. It has to pass certain standards to be inside a jet. What was nice was that since they had the jet torn apart, they laid out the carpet in the hanger. MUCH easier to clean than if its inside the jet. We did a couple where the carpet was still in the jet, but its such a pain. very tight spaces.

We didn't use any special cleaning agents and used our regular cleaning technique. Prespray, pile lift extract and groom.

jsmithjr

Dec 3, 2015
Real Name
jerry smith
Thx guys mrotto that would be nice if it was all laid out in the hanger...not this time. Ill keep you guys posted on how it goes tomorrow.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Be aware that there are requirements for working inside a jet. You must use products that meet FAA standards. If you are not qualified to clean jets and use a wrong procedure or a cleaning agent that has not been approved, you could end up having the aircraft grounded.

This is not a job you want to take on if you have to ask how to do it!