Cleaning 4,000 sq ft of tile and ground on the walls. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cleaning 4,000 sq ft of tile and ground on the walls.

Dakotar51

Oct 11, 2019
Real Name
Dakota Reimer
I’ll be cleaning a big commercial building where we have 4,000 sq ft of tile and ground on the wall and 9,000 sq ft on the ground, and was hoping anyone could provide me with some tips and best equipment for this massive tile job.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Depending on how dirty the walls are perhaps a foamer to make your tile cleaner stick to the walls better. Something really good for agitation, my personal favorite is a weighted 175 with an aggressive brush. High quality tile cleaner. And a good tool to wash it away with like a 12 inch spinner tool.

Dakotar51

Oct 11, 2019
Real Name
Dakota Reimer
Depending on how dirty the walls are perhaps a foamer to make your tile cleaner stick to the walls better. Something really good for agitation, my personal favorite is a weighted 175 with an aggressive brush. High quality tile cleaner. And a good tool to wash it away with like a 12 inch spinner tool.
what tile cleaner do you suggest best for the walls? Are you able to post a link? I’m new to the forum!

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I would flat mop on grout master for the walls, you don't need to worry about using a foamer just mist and spread it will soak into the grout lines.

Even though it's on the walls I would still use the floor spinner and hand tool just for detailing the corners and tight spots.

You don't need much dwell time at all with groutmaster so I would have one guy misting and flat mopping in front and 2nd guy working the spinner behind him.

Try and sell them on sealer as well. Gl sounds like a really good ticket$

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I’ll be cleaning a big commercial building where we have 4,000 sq ft of tile and ground on the wall and 9,000 sq ft on the ground, and was hoping anyone could provide me with some tips and best equipment for this massive tile job.
If you got that big chunk of the tile&grout, you shouldn't be looking for answers. You better suit up, get 2 vans with a double crews. If you don't plan on power washing the walls or don't own 300° commercial grade vapor system, you better get some SX-7's , SX-15's going. All depends, what is that you have to clean of off the walls. It's a veterinary clinic, chemical lab, sports club facilities? Different chemistry for each of the environment.
I hope you're not using a portable unit...

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I did a 16000 sq ft hotel lobby and it took me 4 days with a helper.
Running 200' hoses from my TM.
Grout master and spinner.
Make a plan for dumping waste water...you will have hundreds of gallons to dispose of.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I would flat mop on grout master for the walls, you don't need to worry about using a foamer just mist and spread it will soak into the grout lines.

Even though it's on the walls I would still use the floor spinner and hand tool just for detailing the corners and tight spots.

You don't need much dwell time at all with groutmaster so I would have one guy misting and flat mopping in front and 2nd guy working the spinner behind him.

Try and sell them on sealer as well. Gl sounds like a really good ticket$
Seems like it would be super hard to hold a floor spinner on the wall??

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
U face directly at the wall, we do it in very large showers when it makes sense. The handle on the th-40 pivots enough to easily go floor to ceiling.
I did this on a stone wall complete with fireplace once. I must admit, it's funny to manage when you're only five feet tall. The darn tube of the tool was longer than I am tall, and it made my position quite awkward. But yes, it works beautifully for large areas.

Reactions: ACP