Cleaned oil based paint from cgd carpet | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cleaned oil based paint from cgd carpet

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I cleaned a mess up today! Got a call to a college that I do a lot of work for. The maintenance man had some students helping him and one of them spilled some paint in the carpet. Well, he called me. It just so happened that I was already on the campus doing some other work. My helper and I broke out the CFX a wand and hoses and went to the scene of their disaster. Yep, about a half a quart of brown paint in greyish brown carpet. Nice!

I misted pretty heavily with Citrus Solve and then let it dwell a good 10 minute while we set up the equipment. I then presprayed it with some Flex with Cirus-Solve and then extracted with a lot of water. I had to repeat the process about three times and it came out clean!

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
I cleaned a mess up today! Got a call to a college that I do a lot of work for. The maintenance man had some students helping him and one of them spilled some paint in the carpet. Well, he called me. It just so happened that I was already on the campus doing some other work. My helper and I broke out the CFX a wand and hoses and went to the scene of their disaster. Yep, about a half a quart of brown paint in greyish brown carpet. Nice!

I misted pretty heavily with Citrus Solve and then let it dwell a good 10 minute while we set up the equipment. I then presprayed it with some Flex with Cirus-Solve and then extracted with a lot of water. I had to repeat the process about three times and it came out clean!

Awesome that it was fresh..... Did one a few weeks ago, the lady was doing touch ups in the master closet, and dumped a fresh gallon on the carpet. She then mopped up what she could with paper towel, and waited 4-5 WEEKS to call me..... Then she asked if I will get it all out. I said 'mam, there's a whole gallon of paint on the carpet, you waited for weeks to call me, and now you want it to come out with the regular cleaning?'. Then I said, ' you declined any extra work( spot treatment, etc). She then said, well it should come out, it's latex paint, you know, water based..... I never have trouble cleaning my brushes after I paint... I took a moment, then replied' mam, the brushes are wet with FRESH paint, and you clean them immediately after your done'. I asked her if the last time she washed the walls, if any paint came off..... By this time she looked confused..... I went on to explain that once the water evaporates from the paint, it's 100 times more difficult to remove..... Especially a full gallon on shaggy nylon carpet.......
Jeff @ SCC

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Awesome that it was fresh..... Did one a few weeks ago, the lady was doing touch ups in the master closet, and dumped a fresh gallon on the carpet. She then mopped up what she could with paper towel, and waited 4-5 WEEKS to call me..... Then she asked if I will get it all out. I said 'mam, there's a whole gallon of paint on the carpet, you waited for weeks to call me, and now you want it to come out with the regular cleaning?'. Then I said, ' you declined any extra work( spot treatment, etc). She then said, well it should come out, it's latex paint, you know, water based..... I never have trouble cleaning my brushes after I paint... I took a moment, then replied' mam, the brushes are wet with FRESH paint, and you clean them immediately after your done'. I asked her if the last time she washed the walls, if any paint came off..... By this time she looked confused..... I went on to explain that once the water evaporates from the paint, it's 100 times more difficult to remove..... Especially a full gallon on shaggy nylon carpet.......
Jeff @ SCC
Ya ... people " But it's waterbased paint......."
My response.... once it drys it is very hard to remove even professionally.
Otherwise when YOU wash your walls you would remove the paint right???

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Jeff @ SCC
I had almost the exact same thing happen quite a few years ago. Lot of paint spilled in the son's bedroom. They waited weeks, perhaps months before calling me. Only way it was coming out at that point was a patch.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States

I had something similar several years ago. A teacher had been painting something in the class room with enamel paint. Can't remember exactly what happened just that there were spills coming from the class room all the way down a long hallway to the main office. First thing I tried of course was some Matrix POG. Didn't even budge it whatsoever. I think I then bought some Goof Off and again no budge whatsoever. In a last ditch effort I broke out a citrus spotter and to my surprise it began removing all of it fairly easily, but it was going to take more than I had on hand. I decided to mix up some Grand Slam and a heavy boost of citrus. Worked like a charm. I still don't know why the citrus was able to remove it when two pog's couldn't budge it a bit. Must have something to do with an oil base or something. Never seen anything like this since that day.

I was glad I had the citrus spotter because by this time I had an audience watching me.:)

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I had a commercial job where i did the quote while they where painting. They wanted the job done the following day. He thought my original quote was to high :rolleyes:so i lowered it just a bit. I overpriced it anyway. So i get there the next day and there is paint everywhere :mad:. I told him paint removal is extremely hard and i would have to charge seperately. He said, how much?? I said $100/hr:D