Cleanco operating cost | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cleanco operating cost

Mccallum42

Aug 10, 2019
Real Name
Aaron McCallum
I'm trying to figure out my operating costs for a 2013 Cleanco compact 47, mounted in a 2013 Chevy express 2500. Does anyone have figures I can build off of? Thanks in advance!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
GPH burn is easy to figure out in your driveway, if that's what you want to know. Van engine or PTO parts wear or prorating it is virtually impossible to calculate. What costs are you after?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
You're asking the wrong questions Padawan.

Dont try to figure out your operating costs, start figuring out what it will cost you to grow your business...

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
sorry, you look too young to have a carpet cleaning business.

jk

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
You're asking the wrong questions Padawan.

Dont try to figure out your operating costs, start figuring out what it will cost you to grow your business...
Oxi is on to something here. Think about the money you are going to need to advertise and promote your business to your market. Plan for it.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Gas is = 2-3 gph

Being a direct drive you have to have a TM mechanic to work on those things......
Some guys will tell you those are easy to work on.......others will tell you they are difficult.......

either way gotta line up a TM mechanic.......who knows that machine.............

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
set aside $25 dollars PER JOB for repairs and to replace.
2 things will happen.
1 if you need repairs you will be able to take it to your mechanic and get it fixed NOW as you have cash.
2 you will have enough saved up in 3 to 4 years to buy a rig cash, outright, with NO payments. This is empowering and allows you maximum flexibility in how you run your business without the fixed costs of a rents (payments to bank remember its theirs until you pay it off) for new equipment that you want, not just what you can afford because that is all the bank want to lend to you.

Mccallum42

Aug 10, 2019
Real Name
Aaron McCallum
Gas is = 2-3 gph

Being a direct drive you have to have a TM mechanic to work on those things......
Some guys will tell you those are easy to work on.......others will tell you they are difficult.......

either way gotta line up a TM mechanic.......who knows that machine.............
Since it's a Cleanco, I can do most maintenance myself, but I do have some options for mechs within a 4 hour drive.

Mccallum42

Aug 10, 2019
Real Name
Aaron McCallum
GPH burn is easy to figure out in your driveway, if that's what you want to know. Van engine or PTO parts wear or prorating it is virtually impossible to calculate. What costs are you after?
Fuel, van maintenance, truckmount maintenance, stuff like that. I was just hoping someone would have averages that I could use, save myself some time.

Mccallum42

Aug 10, 2019
Real Name
Aaron McCallum
hey cant beat that inherit the family business....
what equipment are you using now......
You'll notice that I BOUGHT the business. My dad was not kind enough to let me "inherit" it, nor did he give me a discount. Like I said, the Cleanco, rotovac 360, CMX/RX 20, standard wand when needed.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Fuel, van maintenance, truckmount maintenance, stuff like that. I was just hoping someone would have averages that I could use, save myself some time.

PTO hours are 30-50 miles per hour depending on who you ask. Follow the vehicle maintenance schedule accounting for van hours. With a PTO machine you have to stay on greasing everything and vehicle fluid changes. The equipment will have very few parts failure if you clean, inspect and check fasteners regularly. Fuel consumption will be your biggest expense by far, so keeping the van tip top will serve you best and keep that as low as possible.