Cleanco 45 Remove and Re-install | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cleanco 45 Remove and Re-install

Barnie

Apr 1, 2020
Real Name
James Williams
Hello from Barnie. I have a Cleanco 45 in a 2009 Chevy 2500 with a 4.8 engine. Bought a 2018 with 6,000 miles and same 4.8 engine. I am going to move the machine over to the new unit and wondering if anyone can provide me some recommendations and/or instructions on re-install. Going to change out all hoses and quick connects. I trust your expertise and look forward to comments.
Barnie

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I can probably tell you how to change out the hoses and quick connects but I won't be of any help explaining how to connect the machine to the van engine and the vans electrical.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you are really mechanical, this is a great project and a week to flop is reasonable, not sure if you have any vacation days available. Buy a new installation kit from cleanco for the new van and I would replace all the bearings in the drive shaft and new under hood clutch too. My guess is that they are not going to sell to you directly, but a distributor should order parts for you. If nobody will get you parts, you can still do everything on your own, just going to take longer and cost more. Just remember that the idler pulley/tensioner bolt on the blower belts is left hand thread, don't ask me how I know. Good luck and have fun.

Reactions: Calgary Hog

smartcarpetcare

Mar 17, 2011
on canada
Real Name
mike rawn
Business Location
Canada
Saw a chap pull seats welded all floor bolts seat and unit into a jig. He then got a tool to make a lightly pointed tip on unit floor bolts part of jig. New van removed seat and lightly hammered on pointy bolts to dimple unit bolts to know where to drill in new identical(!!!!!) van. Ground pieces of rod to use as distance reference fr seat to rear of pto shaft pillow block. Still went through 5 worn belts to fine tune alignment! Your old van might be better fixing it???

Calgary Hog

Aug 4, 2018
Real Name
Tinnam
If you ask me I will never go back to shaft driven equipment. Or regular truck mount. I am glad I made Hybrid ETM..
I have used it to clean with 215 feet of vaccum hose no issue. Dry time 4 hours. And diesel burner for heat.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
If you ask me I will never go back to shaft driven equipment. Or regular truck mount. I am glad I made Hybrid ETM..
I have used it to clean with 215 feet of vaccum hose no issue. Dry time 4 hours. And diesel burner for heat.
You sir have clearly never tried a Kubota engine.

Reactions: SRD and Calgary Hog

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
I would love to see s
I would love to see some pictures of your setup. Thanks

Calgary Hog

Aug 4, 2018
Real Name
Tinnam
I would not be able to put the pictures.
I had my extractor setup on dolly with pump out. Water I use from customer or diesel burner from van