Citrus Solv 2 or Prosgrade Citrus Solvent??

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
Citrus solv 2 has been my go to for a while but I see TMF has a citrus solvent too and curious who has used them both and what the thoughts are. A big selling point is that citrus solv is $18 less per gallon and since I use it on every job, that would seem to add up quickly. Thoughts on which you use and prefer? Thanks!

Kevin

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I've yet to use either but I've been comparing them online for a while.

I generally find that Rob makes a more heavy duty version of things. So if you are really trying to cut through some crud then it might be worth the extra for his stuff. If you're just wanting to add a little extra power to your prespray and a nice fragrance, then I'd stick with the lower costing Citrus Solv since dilution rates are roughly the same.

I'm getting ready to make a big chem order as things are warming up and what feedback this thread gets will make a big difference in what I order.

Reactions: Swani21

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
I've yet to use either but I've been comparing them online for a while.

I generally find that Rob makes a more heavy duty version of things. So if you are really trying to cut through some crud then it might be worth the extra for his stuff. If you're just wanting to add a little extra power to your prespray and a nice fragrance, then I'd stick with the lower costing Citrus Solv since dilution rates are roughly the same.

I'm getting ready to make a big chem order as things are warming up and what feedback this thread gets will make a big difference in what I order.
Yeah the citrus solv 2 not only works well for boosting but it smells AWESOME! My customers rave when they come in and see how good it smells! I just don't like ordering from multiple places.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Yeah the citrus solv 2 not only works well for boosting but it smells AWESOME! My customers rave when they come in and see how good it smells! I just don't like ordering from multiple places.
I hear ya. Especially what we end up paying for shipping sometimes. It's almost getting more affordable for me to drive across half the country to pick up some of my orders in person.

I used to put a little Orange Tough 40 in my prespray just for the citrus fragrance. But that stuff is $65 per gallon. If I just want a nice smell I use a cheap, $8 per gallon citrus degreaser from a restaurant supplier. It's not a great degreaser but it smells really good and 2oz per gallon gets a good fragrance so its super economical. I still bust out the Orange tough when I need to really clean but I don't use it anymore if I just want fragrance.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
D'limonene is a great solvent as it is excellent at degreasing and provides a fragrance every consumer loves. We pay a premium for food grade d'limonene in order to provide a consistent fragrance. Tech grade d'limonene and d'limonene distallates provide the degreasing but fail to provide that consistent fragrance for your customer. Citrus Solv II has one advantage over the original Citrus Solv as it contains glycol ether DB (which is water soluble) instead of OMS (which is not water soluble). In short it is easier to rinse out of carpets and fibers.

Matt Smith

Staff member
Aug 22, 2017
Virginia Beach
Real Name
Matt Smith
With Truck Mount Forums, we send discount codes on scratchers with every shipment, you earn loyalty reward points, and free shipping on orders $150 or more. The overall value we provide we believe is better than just the value of our products alone. I hope this helps.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
Dilutions are not final. They are arbitrary guides. There is no chemist formula where you can calculate the absolutely correct dilution. You may have noticed that pre-spray dilutions in our industry generally go from 1 to 8, 1 to 16 and 1 to 32 to conform to standard dilutions of the Hydroforce sprayer not the chemical formula. I am comfortable with diluting any Bridgepoint. Viper, Omnipro, Groom or any of our private label products to any dilution of any like product in the industry.
Recently I saw that elsewhere that one manufacturer of a powdered product stated a 1 to 100 dilution where the other industry like products state a 1 to 32 dilution. If you want to use a 1 to 100 dilution, then compare the various pre-sprays at that dilution. It might surprise you when I believe that cleaners determine their chemical costs. If a cost is too high then any cleaner can add water to reduce the cost.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Am I the only one? Seriously I don’t give a rats ass the cost of chemicals (and I use a lot) for me it’s solely how well it works. I pay a premium for my floor finishes. I know what I’m getting and I know how well it works. Same is said for my resprays for carpet cleaning. In my view it’s still such a small part of my overall costs as compared to labour it makes no senses to me to nickel and dime on premium products. You either charge for your service and that includes using the superior product or you’ll make up that in labour. It’s like anything in life you get what you pay for. Don’t look at dilutions and cost. Look at how well it works and how much time it saved you. Why buy a floor stripper that you can buy and half the price of a premium stripper if at the end of the day you have to strip the floor two or three times and on top of that use three times as many stripping pads. The exact same thing can be said about carpet chemicals. Any idiot that would “water down” a product to save money is a fly by nighter anyway and would never be in it for the long haul.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Both great products. Just remember we love you.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Am I the only one? Seriously I don’t give a rats ass the cost of chemicals (and I use a lot) for me it’s solely how well it works. I pay a premium for my floor finishes. I know what I’m getting and I know how well it works. Same is said for my resprays for carpet cleaning. In my view it’s still such a small part of my overall costs as compared to labour it makes no senses to me to nickel and dime on premium products. You either charge for your service and that includes using the superior product or you’ll make up that in labour. It’s like anything in life you get what you pay for. Don’t look at dilutions and cost. Look at how well it works and how much time it saved you. Why buy a floor stripper that you can buy and half the price of a premium stripper if at the end of the day you have to strip the floor two or three times and on top of that use three times as many stripping pads. The exact same thing can be said about carpet chemicals. Any idiot that would “water down” a product to save money is a fly by nighter anyway and would never be in it for the long haul.
It’s funny how much $$$ People say they make, then they complain about products that make them $$$

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
It’s funny how much $$$ People say they make, then they complain about products that make them $$$
Some people complain because it's in their DNA, they got it from their parents, others complain because nothing in life will truly make them happy. It could be free, they will complain, it could cost 5 dollars, they will complain, you could give them everything they ever wanted with no strings and they will complain.

I had one today that always puts on a theatrical show when it's time to pay. I didn't have tickets to his production and wasn't in the mood to see it so I asked why he keeps calling me if my bill is too high. He said you're the best we've found and you work around our schedule. I just looked at him right in the eyes and said Well you should be grateful for a change. Thanked his wife, took the check and left. His wife is the nicest lady you would ever want to meet.

I had another lady that started to put on a show and I stopped her mid production and asked, Who are you putting this show on for? No one is here to see it. She stopped, wrote the check and I left. 6 months later I'm back and repeat. I think it's just a game to them.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Mr Floor Clean,, im with you , I don't give a Rats Ass what my chem cost is...I do a awesome job, I charge a lot so the chem cost really is nothing at all.... I have this talk with many people when they say , Jeff I can buy food grade delimonene and its cheaper,,, well that's great or I can buy sodium percarbonate by the bag full,,, That's great BUT Robs stuff is made not to burn , or its buffered,,, Robs delim smells good and it works...… You guys make and ill use it... I use interlink stuff, TMF stuff, cobb carpet supply stuff and I buy stuff from amy and even bonnet pro....

I buy a citrus solvent delim stuff that a small glug in the extractor and the customers call people and refer on the spot.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Mr Floor Clean,, im with you , I don't give a Rats Ass what my chem cost is...I do a awesome job, I charge a lot so the chem cost really is nothing at all.... I have this talk with many people when they say , Jeff I can buy food grade delimonene and its cheaper,,, well that's great or I can buy sodium percarbonate by the bag full,,, That's great BUT Robs stuff is made not to burn , or its buffered,,, Robs delim smells good and it works...… You guys make and ill use it... I use interlink stuff, TMF stuff, cobb carpet supply stuff and I buy stuff from amy and even bonnet pro....

I buy a citrus solvent delim stuff that a small glug in the extractor and the customers call people and refer on the spot.
When your this big they call you mister LOL