Cimex Vs OP Machines, I changed my opinion | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cimex Vs OP Machines, I changed my opinion

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I just bought a couple of Cimex machines after using OP's for the last 6 years. The only criteria for my decision in the first place was a head to head I did with a buddy of mine. We did a Bank and he had to go back and redo the areas he used his Cimex on. So I always went with OP machines and pads, glad pads and more recently a selection of pads from BonnetPro. The last few days I have used both, side by side on several jobs and the Cimex has been the better machine. Now I just need to figure out why. I guess it might be pad pressure and rotation that works better than oscillation. Maybe if I add weight to the OP machine I will get better results. I always thought they worked OK, and they do, but the cimex gets the job done better and (more importantly) faster.
Todays job was so bad I actually quoted it on the basis of using the Cimex to pre-scrub and then going back over it with the OP machine and a Woolpy (from BonnetPro). Didnt need to. Sent my Son off to one end of the building while I did the other end. He finished quicker and then went back over some of what I had done.
I certainly changed my opinion from posts I made elsewhere concerning these machines. Just a pity they are a little too heavy for me (or my Son) to haul up a flight of stairs without help.

E Tes

Jan 22, 2014
Real Name
John thoma
I'm thinking about a cimex purchase.... All I have now is brush pro.... Do you feel cimex would give far superior results over just using the brush pro??? Thanks

E Tes

Jan 22, 2014
Real Name
John thoma
No op..... Just brush pro as stand alone

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
I'm thinking about a cimex purchase.... All I have now is brush pro.... Do you feel cimex would give far superior results over just using the brush pro??? Thanks
Yes on heavily soiled carpets. Probably similar results on lightly soiled carpets. Keep in mind, the Cimex is used primarily on CGD. I have a couple of Cimex's and an Orbot. On CGD, I don't even consider using the Orbot unless I also wish to pad sections. On residential, I don't consider using the Cimex (unless Berber) as the Orbot is superior.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I cant answer that as I never used a BrushPro and the only experience I have with CRB's is a ProCaps. I would never have put the ProCaps on that carpet we did today though.

E Tes

Jan 22, 2014
Real Name
John thoma
Do u use bonnets or anything with a cimex machine or just scrub in encap solution??? Sorry just trying to learn a little more about VLM

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Do u use bonnets or anything with a cimex machine or just scrub in encap solution??? Sorry just trying to learn a little more about VLM
My machines came with a bunch of what I would call regular , cream coloured, pads and a few grey pads. The grey are more aggressive and what was used on the machine today. They dont tend to last too long (either style) but the upside is no pad cleaning costs.

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
You can buy 8" Tuways for the Cimex and they can come in handy. For example, trying to pull out a little extra soil in a traffic lane. Or sometimes you may over wet an area and the Tuways will help dry and prevent wicking. But primarily, the fiber pads (gray are superior) are what you run under it.

Reactions: crash1big

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
If only they would make them lighter, no one would need to buy anything else.
I am starting to understand that more. If they made it a two or three part machine, head and running gear clipping in to each other, then it could actually be heavier but handled by one person.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I am starting to understand that more. If they made it a two or three part machine, head and running gear clipping in to each other, then it could actually be heavier but handled by one person.
True, I can probably carry the 100+ pounds without killing myself but it's so awkwardly shaped that it's nearly impossible to carry.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I can
True, I can probably carry the 100+ pounds without killing myself but it's so awkwardly shaped that it's nearly impossible to carry.
I can haul it upstairs (just), but if there is any sort of lip on the stairs, forget it.

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
I just bought a couple of Cimex machines after using OP's for the last 6 years. The only criteria for my decision in the first place was a head to head I did with a buddy of mine. We did a Bank and he had to go back and redo the areas he used his Cimex on. So I always went with OP machines and pads, glad pads and more recently a selection of pads from BonnetPro. The last few days I have used both, side by side on several jobs and the Cimex has been the better machine. Now I just need to figure out why. I guess it might be pad pressure and rotation that works better than oscillation. Maybe if I add weight to the OP machine I will get better results. I always thought they worked OK, and they do, but the cimex gets the job done better and (more importantly) faster.
Todays job was so bad I actually quoted it on the basis of using the Cimex to pre-scrub and then going back over it with the OP machine and a Woolpy (from BonnetPro). Didnt need to. Sent my Son off to one end of the building while I did the other end. He finished quicker and then went back over some of what I had done.
I certainly changed my opinion from posts I made elsewhere concerning these machines. Just a pity they are a little too heavy for me (or my Son) to haul up a flight of stairs without help.
The Trinity OP machine will outperform the Cimex on all levels. Trinity OP machines are beyond compare when talking OP machines.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
The Trinity OP machine will outperform the Cimex on all levels. Trinity OP machines are beyond compare when talking OP machines.
Do you pre scrub with it?
Do yo strip VCT?
Do you scrub or polish concrete?
Do you scarify paint?

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Blue Ridge Floor Care

Oct 22, 2011
US
Real Name
Steve
Business Location
United States
The Cimex is the King of commercial encap. It's fine as long as you don't want to take any soil with you.

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
The Cimex is the King of commercial encap. It's fine as long as you don't want to take any soil with you.
Cimex is King of commercial encap over all machine just so long as you do not try to compare it to the Trinity OP machines. The head speed and action on the Trinity machines is beyond compare.