longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I am going to use a Cimex on 41K sq feet of pretty well abused carpet. It has been a while since it was last cleaned. I am planning on using Encapuclean O2. Any suggestions for using this machine since I have never run one before. I have done some encapping using a 175 with pretty good results. How long should it take to do that much carpet with a Cimex? It is all cgd.

ratfool

Apr 22, 2016
Real Name
Marlene Slichter
I love my cimex but realize that if the carpet is very dirty it may be worth your time to HWE.
As for time not sure but quick. 6 or 7 hours. The chemicals cost may be more then you may want to spend on a dirty carpet. And it will not match HWE.
I encap most of the time. But usually on carpets for intern cleaning only.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I love my cimex but realize that if the carpet is very dirty it may be worth your time to HWE.
As for time not sure but quick. 6 or 7 hours. The chemicals cost may be more then you may want to spend on a dirty carpet. And it will not match HWE.
I encap most of the time. But usually on carpets for intern cleaning only.
To HWE 41k Sq. Ft. would take me too long. We are under the gun to get 'er did!

ratfool

Apr 22, 2016
Real Name
Marlene Slichter
From Jondon

Cleans 2,500–4,000 square feet of carpet an hour!

Last edited:

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
2,000 sq. ft per hour in open areas if you have minimal experience. A well experience Cimex user may get 3,000+ sq. ft. per hour. This is for the Cimex portion. You will also need to do a good prevacuum. That is additional time.

Reactions: brianedwards25

brianedwards25

Mar 26, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Brian
Business Location
United States
If I were you I would have one helper just vacuuming/moving furniture/getting water/ treating spots as needed (no need to treat them all), a cimex with brushes run by you to put encap down down, and then throw a bonnet on the 175 to follow the cimex. You could run the cimex and 175 separately but if you run the way I mentioned you won't have to go back over any carpet and the cimex never has to stop moving. You are only as fast as your cimex is going. With this system you probably could do 2500sq ft or more an hour.

Reactions: longkenn

Derek.

May 6, 2010
Western NY
Real Name
Derek B
Business Location
United States
need more input...

are you handling the thorough pre-vac?
are you moving all of the furniture or cleaning around everything they leave down on the carpet?

if it's just you encap'ing the 41k of "abused" CGD, and the Client is "handling" the pre-vac (har-har,) then for your 1st time you can expect to spend anywhere from 20-30 hours. after 13 years of running my Cimex it would take me at least 20 hours. i don't get close to the sq.ft.-per-hour that most other VLM'ers apparently get.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
need more input...

are you handling the thorough pre-vac?
are you moving all of the furniture or cleaning around everything they leave down on the carpet?

if it's just you encap'ing the 41k of "abused" CGD, and the Client is "handling" the pre-vac (har-har,) then for your 1st time you can expect to spend anywhere from 20-30 hours. after 13 years of running my Cimex it would take me at least 20 hours. i don't get close to the sq.ft.-per-hour that most other VLM'ers apparently get.
Well, I turned the job down. The people had some unrealistic expectations. Better to walk away now before starting the job rather than investing time and money in it.

Reactions: Derek.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Well, I turned the job down. The people had some unrealistic expectations. Better to walk away now before starting the job rather than investing time and money in it.
if you don't mind what kind of expectations

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
They had not cleaned their carpet in at least 5 years and possibly longer. There were traffic lanes worn in the carpet and they didn't understand why the greasy traffic lane outside their kitchen where the carpet was newer but dirty could be cleaned but the area in front of the main door going to the main elevator was as clean as it was going to get.

They had a competitor there at night doing HWE and they said they were "documenting everything" and not going to pay him. As I walked through it with them I observed several mostly small spots that were probably wicking problems. I told them that on 41K sq feet of carpet that some wicking problems were going to occur and all they needed to do was to talk to the man and let him know about it and he could address the particular spots. Some of the spots appeared to be permanent because they had been there so long. I told them that any spot can become permanent if it oxidizes and becomes a part of the fiber. They didn't want to hear that. They couldn't understand why the guy couldn't make the carpet look new. Nobody seemed to know when It was put down but one employee that was in charge of things said she had been there over 5 years and it had never been cleaned while she was employed there.

Reactions: MikeGaure

brianedwards25

Mar 26, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Brian
Business Location
United States
They had not cleaned their carpet in at least 5 years and possibly longer. There were traffic lanes worn in the carpet and they didn't understand why the greasy traffic lane outside their kitchen where the carpet was newer but dirty could be cleaned but the area in front of the main door going to the main elevator was as clean as it was going to get.

They had a competitor there at night doing HWE and they said they were "documenting everything" and not going to pay him. As I walked through it with them I observed several mostly small spots that were probably wicking problems. I told them that on 41K sq feet of carpet that some wicking problems were going to occur and all they needed to do was to talk to the man and let him know about it and he could address the particular spots. Some of the spots appeared to be permanent because they had been there so long. I told them that any spot can become permanent if it oxidizes and becomes a part of the fiber. They didn't want to hear that. They couldn't understand why the guy couldn't make the carpet look new. Nobody seemed to know when It was put down but one employee that was in charge of things said she had been there over 5 years and it had never been cleaned while she was employed there.
Yeah I would walk too. That's too much work to not get paid because of unrealistic expectations.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
They had a competitor there at night doing HWE and they said they were "documenting everything" and not going to pay him.
Yeah, major red flag there. I've heard that from other potential clients too and walked from every one of them. It's him today and you tomorrow.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Yeah, major red flag there. I've heard that from other potential clients too and walked from every one of them. It's him today and you tomorrow.
This is also why I value relationships with competitors and those in the trades. More than once I've dodged a bullet because someone warned me about a potential client

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
Thats a great feeling living in a small population you know who the scum bags are. Red flags when they call