Cimex or CRB versus Orbitals and or Rag Slingers | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cimex or CRB versus Orbitals and or Rag Slingers

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I'm always looking for new and improved ways to get the job done quicker and or better.
That said,

I love my Cimex.

I like it for vlm and for pre-scrub.

Best scrubber since sliced bread, and I'm skeptical that orbitals can outperform a cimex.

Never used an orbital, so I'd like to hear from those who have used both.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
I'm always looking for new and improved ways to get the job done quicker and or better.
That said,

I love my Cimex.

I like it for vlm and for pre-scrub.

Best scrubber since sliced bread, and I'm skeptical that orbitals can outperform a cimex.

Never used an orbital, so I'd like to hear from those who have used both.
I do not do too much commercial. For res I use the 175 as well. Op machines by design should clean a little faster with less chem. I don't have a cimex but plan to buy one the next time I have a commercial job that pays for it on the one job or when I see a good deal on one. I doubt if in a residential home you will get too much difference in production rate or cleaning ability for prescrubbing. I like to use a brush On the 175 for prescrub but a couple people in another recent thread were saying a VCT red pad is great on really nasties. But I feel like I would be afraid to try that on my own carpet let alone a customers.

timmoore

Mar 20, 2013
murfreesboro tn
www.tlcjanitorial.net
Real Name
Tim Moore
Business Location
United States
I do not do too much commercial. For res I use the 175 as well. Op machines by design should clean a little faster with less chem. I don't have a cimex but plan to buy one the next time I have a commercial job that pays for it on the one job or when I see a good deal on one. I doubt if in a residential home you will get too much difference in production rate or cleaning ability for prescrubbing. I like to use a brush On the 175 for prescrub but a couple people in another recent thread were saying a VCT red pad is great on really nasties. But I feel like I would be afraid to try that on my own carpet let alone a customers.

I agree these pads i have used for years to Strip vct floors im would be a little scared to run it over carpet BUT on the flip side many ppl here are doing such on a daily basis with no problem at all. I would probly try it on one of my slum lord type of clients that have carpet that should have been changed out years ago but i get it clean enough that they are estatic that i saved them all that money. Not the best of clients but they do pay and are happy with anything you give them

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
I agree these pads i have used for years to Strip vct floors im would be a little scared to run it over carpet BUT on the flip side many ppl here are doing such on a daily basis with no problem at all. I would probly try it on one of my slum lord type of clients that have carpet that should have been changed out years ago but i get it clean enough that they are estatic that i saved them all that money. Not the best of clients but they do pay and are happy with anything you give them
Just thinking about doing it gives me the chills like nails on a chalk board :eek: lol
..but like you said if the other option is to throw out the carpet I'd give it a whirl

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Anybody looking for a Cimex, check Magic Wand. Just got one for 2645.00, deliverded to my house. They have since raised the price to 2745.00. Still a good deal.

Reactions: timmoore

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States

bigchuckie

Jan 15, 2011
maine
Real Name
Steve Monahan
Business Location
United States
Use em wont hurt anything cuts down on chem use and really aggitates nasties with ease becareful some red pads may bleed. So use a beige or white if you dont dare. I use reds daily never had a problem Pads really shine on Berber

Reactions: timmoore and ronman

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Finally I found this! I can't see spending what they are asking but check this out.. it is a planetary head adapter for a 175. I would buy this if it was maybe $500. I think it would work.. but idk..

https://www.regentstoneproducts.com/item_detail2.aspx?ItemCode=KLINDXPLNTRY
It says its for diamond pads, and it's $1400.
Next!
Someone was marketing a carpet version of this for a while, but they got yanked from the distributors for some reason.
I think it may have been Interlink or Jon Donwho was selling them.

There was a guy here on the board selling new cimexes pretty reasonable, I can't remember his name.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
It says its for diamond pads, and it's $1400.
Next!
Someone was marketing a carpet version of this for a while, but they got yanked from the distributors for some reason.
I think it may have been Interlink or Jon Donwho was selling them.

There was a guy here on the board selling new cimexes pretty reasonable, I can't remember his name.
Cimex probably paid them off to stop selling the carpet ones lol .. that's what I would do!

timmoore

Mar 20, 2013
murfreesboro tn
www.tlcjanitorial.net
Real Name
Tim Moore
Business Location
United States
Use em wont hurt anything cuts down on chem use and really aggitates nasties with ease becareful some red pads may bleed. So use a beige or white if you dont dare. I use reds daily never had a problem Pads really shine on Berber
There we go someone that uses them all the time without any damage to the carpet thanks for the warning on the red pads i would not have thought of that :)

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
There we go someone that uses them all the time without any damage to the carpet thanks for the warning on the red pads i would not have thought of that :)
I would def keep a close eye on the fibers, especially if they are a cut fiber, it will cause blooming at the ends if you are too aggressive with them.

13 posts, and no one who has run both cimex and an orbital?

bigchuckie

Jan 15, 2011
maine
Real Name
Steve Monahan
Business Location
United States
I would def keep a close eye on the fibers, especially if they are a cut fiber, it will cause blooming at the ends if you are too aggressive with them.

13 posts, and no one who has run both cimex and an orbital?
Never ran a Cimex but I have a Challenger and an Orbot Sprayborg. I think an OP machine is more versatile than a Cimex I can do true encapping and pad capping which actually removes soil. With an OP I can do both res and comm. Cimex is pretty much for commercial in my book

Reactions: ronman

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Never ran a Cimex but I have a Challenger and an Orbot Sprayborg. I think an OP machine is more versatile than a Cimex I can do true encapping and pad capping which actually removes soil. With an OP I can do both res and comm. Cimex is pretty much for commercial in my book
I do pad capping using my cimex as the prescrub, followed by the 175 with a cotton bonnet to pick up soil.
I could also change the pads on the cimex to bonnets, but we are still talking about a 2 machine process.
I take it you do pad capping with the cotton bonnets and spray, with no fibre pads?

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
A while ago excellent supply offered a scrub 3 that adapted to a rotary/175. It was badically a driver that held 3 pads like a cimex? Was an awesome idea imo but was discontinued shortly after its release?

Anyone here buy one before they got pulled?

Derek.

May 6, 2010
Western NY
Real Name
Derek B
Business Location
United States
for CGD personally i prefer my Cimex...the Trinty looks like the only OP that might make me consider OP'ing CGD instead of the Cimex.

after 9 years of Cimex only on CGD i am now using a Whittaker Trio CRB and like it a lot. just another toy :D

Reactions: ronman

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
for CGD personally i prefer my Cimex...the Trinty looks like the only OP that might make me consider OP'ing CGD instead of the Cimex.

after 9 years of Cimex only on CGD i am now using a Whittaker Trio CRB and like it a lot. just another toy :D
Are you using bonnets or just straight encap?
I have been experimenting with cimex first followed by my 17" with a cotton bonnet. (green stripe pad)