Cimex and odor control | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cimex and odor control

HappyCleaner

Nov 13, 2010
Real Name
Jamie Pike
Business Location
United States
I just did a first time test run on my new Cimex. I have two dogs. I vacuumed very thoroughly. I pre-sprayed Prochem Pro Caps then I ran the Cimex. I dried it very quickly by taking my extractor and doing some dry stokes. It all looks good but has a light wet dog smell but looks very good. How do I avoid this in the future?

HappyCleaner

Nov 13, 2010
Real Name
Jamie Pike
Business Location
United States
True True but that will not happen. My main concern is how to deal with this in a customers home.

Kenny Wright

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
Real Name
Kenny Wright
Business Location
United States
Wet dog smell - it's not a wool rug is it?

8 oz. of Hydrocide per gallon of water will get rid of wet dog smell in synthetic carpet but I don't know how or if it should be applied when encapping.

Matt Strader

Feb 7, 2009
Jupiter, Fl
www.561carpetandtile.com
Real Name
Matthew Strader
Business Location
United States
Was it a rug or installed? Wool or synthetic? Was the smell there before?

Wet dog, as stated, usually comes from wool carpet and if it were a synthetic it my need to be throughly flushed. A cimex will not provide that.

HappyCleaner

Nov 13, 2010
Real Name
Jamie Pike
Business Location
United States
Thanks to all. Its synthetic but the smell seems to be gone. I gave the dogs a bath after I posted it. Per the above post get rid of the source. I thought to myself wet carpet and a dirty dog might cause a wet dog smell. After the bath the smell was gone. My lesson learned is if a customer ever calls and says the house smells like wet dog it might just be from a wet dog. LOL