Cimex and home stairs | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cimex and home stairs

HappyCleaner

Nov 13, 2010
Real Name
Jamie Pike
Business Location
United States
I am still playing with my new Cimex. What is the best way to get it up stairs in a home. The wheels are just small enough to get stuck under the edge of the upper stairs overlap. I am thinking of getting a dolly with bigger wheels to be able to get it up the stairs. I think this might looks bad to the customer. Any ideas?

HappyCleaner

Nov 13, 2010
Real Name
Jamie Pike
Business Location
United States
Thank you! My back thanks you too! My wife was laughing at me trying to get it up the stairs.

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
www.expertcarpet-care.com
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
Ugh, pulling a 150lb cimex up a flight of stairs to do 1.5 bedrooms and a hall sounds like a nightmare to me.
What about using a lighter 175 with a bonnet or scrub pad for those harder to reach jobs? My 175 weighs about
60 lbs and it's plenty big enough to do the upstairs in a residential home, just a thought.

I have a cimex too but I save it for the bigger commercial jobs. And just getting it in and out of the truck is hard enough without having to put out $1000 for a ramp.

Ob1kanobee

Dec 19, 2010
FL
Real Name
John Smith
Business Location
United States
Why not just take a few sheets of 3/4" plywood say 2 feet wide and 5 feet long with some other pieces that are shorter lengths, lay them on the stairs and wheel it up? You can get little stops to put under the wheels if you have to make a board adjustment at some point then keep on trucking up the stairs.
You could attach rubber on the bottom of the wood to keep them from sliding on the carpet or carpet remnants cut fit to size backing side out as it tends to grip other carpet when done in that fashion.

You could make interlocking dowel clamps on the bottom of the connecting boards if you are worried about structural integrity when two boards might not be properly supported on a tread. This could be done for very little money.

Bonehead

Dec 9, 2010
Real Name
George W
Business Location
United States
I have carried mine up and down stairs. I can tell you it is not fun and it is not easy but it can be done. The over size wheels from Rick sound like the ticket.

HappyCleaner

Nov 13, 2010
Real Name
Jamie Pike
Business Location
United States
I just ordered 10 inch wheels with a 1 inch core for total conversion cost less than $75.00. I saved about $125.00 not counting the cost of shipping. For anyone that needs help let me know. I will point you in the right direction. I will say that finding 10 inch wheels with a 1 inch core was tough I spent hours looking online. I do have to say time is easier to come by then the extra money!