Cigarettes smell

Fran96

Feb 26, 2019
Real Name
Frances Archer
Hello, I have the problem - can't rid of the smell of cigarettes, I tried all the cleaning products and ways, but there is no result. I have made it almost ideal as a new one, but this smell...I have read several articles about how to get the smoke smell out of the cars and houses (even found some super special sites like VapingDaily and articles about quitting smoking ) but all the ways are not helpful. So if you know a really good way or lifehack, please help me. Thank you!

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Be sure all surfaces that may have contacted or absorbed smoking odors have been cleaned. Be sure to clean soft materials like upholstery, drpaes, clothing, etc. that may have been exposed.

Change the filters in the HVAC, over the stove and anywhere else there are air filters. These hold a lot of the odor.

Run the Vaportek Smoke Odor Solution (SOS) cartridge. This can be placed in front of a fan or in the air return with the fan running. Run for about 12 to 24 hours. Air out with fresh air. Run the Vaportek a second time if needed.

Reactions: Swani21

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
Hello, I have the problem - can't rid of the smell of cigarettes, I tried all the cleaning products and ways, but there is no result. I have made it almost ideal as a new one, but this smell...I have read several articles about how to get the smoke smell out of the cars and houses (even found some super special sites like VapingDaily and articles about quitting smoking ) but all the ways are not helpful. So if you know a really good way or lifehack, please help me. Thank you!
Hydrocide Extreme is an excellent product for otherwise uncleanable and stinky situations.

Clean everything as thoroughly as possible then apply Hydrocide at proper dilution. Wipe down any overspray and wait 24 hours for results.

I had a job in a garage that a client's tenant had smoked in for years. Smelled terrible. I wasn't going to clean all the dirt and cobwebs out of their garage, but offered to deodorize it for $50.

I sprayed everything down... ceiling, floor and walls. When I came back the next day it smelled like cement and Hydrocide.

I've used it on skunk musk and fire damage from the Northern California fires last year and the year before that. When used properly, it's a very effective product.

Reactions: Fran96 and Scott W

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
When it absolutely positively has to be done right...

67ba20cd9268c1a73251ac7d01caa710.jpg

Reactions: Fran96 and Lars

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
When it absolutely positively has to be done right...

67ba20cd9268c1a73251ac7d01caa710.jpg
Rob, talk to us about this, do you have a video and lastly can I mix this into the cleaning ?

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob, talk to us about this, do you have a video and lastly can I mix this into the cleaning ?

Yes it can be mixed in and or fogged in. Works amazing on any smoke odor bit especially nicotine and wacky weed!

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
CL02 and be done. Never doesn't work.
Gotta agree on that one. Have several large restoration companies using it on everything from cigarettes to decomp and sewage, and with proper cleaning steps it has NEVER failed.

The only failure we've had reported was a company that took a large kit and tried to "break it up" into multiple small doses, which threw off the chemistry since they didn't portion it out correctly.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Gotta agree on that one. Have several large restoration companies using it on everything from cigarettes to decomp and sewage, and with proper cleaning steps it has NEVER failed.

The only failure we've had reported was a company that took a large kit and tried to "break it up" into multiple small doses, which threw off the chemistry since they didn't portion it out correctly.

Not all are created equal, shop around.