Choosing a portable extractor | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Choosing a portable extractor

lkcarpetcleaning

Feb 23, 2020
Real Name
luke cutajar
Hi all my name is Luke I'm currently looking to expand my business and would like to invest in a portable extractor, it needs to be able to handle well the rotovac 360i so I need lots of suction power I would also like to expand in tile and grout cleaning, therefore, need some psi, I've looked at some machines and narrowed my search to the nautilus mx3 1200 my only concern with this machine is its weight as in my country (malta) we've got lots of stairs I'm aware of the rotovac ranger which makes it much easier to transport but I've found some bad reviews of this machine. what would you consider the best machine for both tile and carpet and does anybody use the mx31200 is it a reliable machine, please? thanks all.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
The Nautilus MX31200 is a very reliable machine - however, as a 1 man show, dragging it up and down stairs won't be super feasible.

I'd recommend something like the Mytee Vortex Lite.

Reactions: lkcarpetcleaning

lkcarpetcleaning

Feb 23, 2020
Real Name
luke cutajar
The Nautilus MX31200 is a very reliable machine - however, as a 1 man show, dragging it up and down stairs won't be super feasible.

I'd recommend something like the Mytee Vortex Lite.
Ive checked the mytee and I'm super impressed by its size and power but are there any distributors in europe and does this thing come in 240v option ?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
No idea, don't live in Europe.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
there are only 2 portables made to go upstairs...IMO
the namco
and the cfx(40 lbs.) that detaches from the rotovac ranger

rotovac makes those for overseas dont know about namco

all others weigh over 100 lbs.....
You can lug those upstairs if you want to but at some point...
1 out of 100 times that portable gonna slip and knock a hole in the wall
or break a vase.....
at the bottom of the stairs

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
there are only 2 portables made to go upstairs...IMO
the namco
and the cfx(40 lbs.) that detaches from the rotovac ranger

rotovac makes those for overseas dont know about namco

all others weigh over 100 lbs.....
You can lug those upstairs if you want to but at some point...
1 out of 100 times that portable gonna slip and knock a hole in the wall
or break a vase.....
at the bottom of the stairs
Almost all portables will go upstairs with the exception of maybe a few. They must have rear stair wheels and be short and narrow enough to turn on a landing. 130lbs is cake with proper wheels.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
If you want a portable that has the most suction, is light and modular, can clean carpet as well as has the psi to do tile and grout at 1,200 psi, has auto fill and auto dump, then go with Mytee. Get the Mytee 7303LX Air Hog. It can be used as a booster for your truck mount as well. https://www.mytee.com/products/7303lx-vacuum-booster/

Pair it up with the Mytee 7304 Water Hog Pressure Sprayer. https://www.mytee.com/products/7304-water-hog/

The setup has the same amount of pressure as my Hydromaster CDS that goes up to 1,200 psi.
The vacuum is very close as well with 100' of vacuum hose.

Reach out to @John LaBarbera here and he can hook you up.

P.S. Nothing weights more then 45 pounds either.
IMG_3243.JPG

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
This is one well appointed portable in series configuration. If I was in Europe I would have a look at it as well. The mytee LX lineup has the most vac power out there. I could pop one leading LX in the enforcer and be really happy. I like the solution tank heater on this machine, but I would mod it too.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
these were the 2 mentioned
This is one well appointed portable in series configuration. If I was in Europe I would have a look at it as well. The mytee LX lineup has the most vac power out there. I could pop one leading LX in the enforcer and be really happy. I like the solution tank heater on this machine, but I would mod it too.

are those the same vac motors as the mytee?

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
PDF attached of the two stage from the Enforcer or storm .
Mytee for some strange reason have not introduced the LX to its Europe distributors , they are still selling the three stage models .

There are some 1200psi portables for sale in the UK ... but then u have to do with reduced vacuum and the increased pump weight, if you need to bring a machine upstairs a lot id look into getting an external high psi pump for tile ... and get a lighter main machine ... or else just do tile with just a 175 and rinse .

Attachments

Reactions: Jim Davisson

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
This could work well as an easy to carry external pump ,

lkcarpetcleaning

Feb 23, 2020
Real Name
luke cutajar
If you want a portable that has the most suction, is light and modular, can clean carpet as well as has the psi to do tile and grout at 1,200 psi, has auto fill and auto dump, then go with Mytee. Get the Mytee 7303LX Air Hog. It can be used as a booster for your truck mount as well. https://www.mytee.com/products/7303lx-vacuum-booster/

Pair it up with the Mytee 7304 Water Hog Pressure Sprayer. https://www.mytee.com/products/7304-water-hog/

The setup has the same amount of pressure as my Hydromaster CDS that goes up to 1,200 psi.
The vacuum is very close as well with 100' of vacuum hose.

Reach out to @John LaBarbera here and he can hook you up.

P.S. Nothing weights more then 45 pounds either. View attachment 89847
So if i buy the 7303lx for extraction would i be able to use my kranzle 2160tst pressure washer as a pressure sprayer its got 11 litres per minute and can be regulated from 435 psi to 2175 psi im looking to connect it to the rotovac 360i

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Hi all my name is Luke I'm currently looking to expand my business and would like to invest in a portable extractor, it needs to be able to handle well the rotovac 360i so I need lots of suction power I would also like to expand in tile and grout cleaning, therefore, need some psi, I've looked at some machines and narrowed my search to the nautilus mx3 1200 my only concern with this machine is its weight as in my country (malta) we've got lots of stairs I'm aware of the rotovac ranger which makes it much easier to transport but I've found some bad reviews of this machine. what would you consider the best machine for both tile and carpet and does anybody use the mx31200 is it a reliable machine, please? thanks all.
I've also found 400psi to be fine (so far) on tile jobs.

The Mytee air / water hog combo delivers great results for us.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
7303LX air hog and the 7304 water hog both has the option of 240v, contact mytee. These 2 are the way to go, power and light enough to carry them.
I have them, and they are good. In some setups I have wished I had the pressure sprayer and the vacuum in one housing.

But you can't have everything.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
So if i buy the 7303lx for extraction would i be able to use my kranzle 2160tst pressure washer as a pressure sprayer its got 11 litres per minute and can be regulated from 435 psi to 2175 psi im looking to connect it to the rotovac 360i

I'm not familiar with your pressure washer. But I'm sure you could run it with the Mytee 7303LX to clean carpets.