Chlorine in chemical injection can I do it? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Chlorine in chemical injection can I do it?

Luke Clarkson

Jun 21, 2012
Real Name
Luke Clarkson
I want to run chlorine through my 370ss chemical injection to lay the chemical for a big car park concrete clean before I pressure wash with a bigger machine. Can I just hook a bottle up to my injection and cover the car park this way to save time or won’t it work and or ruin my chemical injection. I never normally use it so sorry if this is a stupid question.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I want to run chlorine through my 370ss chemical injection to lay the chemical for a big car park concrete clean before I pressure wash with a bigger machine. Can I just hook a bottle up to my injection and cover the car park this way to save time or won’t it work and or ruin my chemical injection. I never normally use it so sorry if this is a stupid question.
Not a stupid question.

can you do it ? Yes

But should you?

No!

The system may not be designed to handle chlorine or bleach the seals might dry and fall apart/shorten their life.

Id reach out to the mfg to double check .

You will also need to neutralize and rinse the system thoroughly.

randyisscott

May 24, 2021
Real Name
Randy Scott
Not a stupid question.

can you do it ? Yes

But should you?

No!

The system may not be designed to handle chlorine or bleach the seals might dry and fall apart/shorten their life.

Id reach out to the mfg to double check .

You will also need to neutralize and rinse the system thoroughly.
You're absolutely right !