Chevy Express vs Ford Econoline

Towncar

Sep 18, 2010
NC
Real Name
Anthony Anthony
Business Location
United States
Hey guys. I'm in the market for a new van, not for carpet cleaning. I'm looking at new Chevy Express 1500 or Ford E150. Anybody have any opinions on either besides looks? Thanks

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
Personally I would stay away from Goverment Motors.

It used to be buy USA.

Now it's buy Capitalism.

As small businessmen we need to support our best interests.

Towncar

Sep 18, 2010
NC
Real Name
Anthony Anthony
Business Location
United States
It would be used for a dry cleaning pickup & delivery route so it will never have a lot of weight in it. I like the fact that the Chevy has the 4.3 V6 which is better on gas.

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
I do not know anything about ford vans. I had a chevy astro 242,000 miles when I sold it 7 months ago I found out it is still running. My 2003 express has 148,000 miles I bought it 7 months ago I haven't spent a dime in repairs. I have a 2003 GMC savana van 112,000 I'm very happy with it. The express has a v8 4.8 the savana has v8 5.3. There is a noticeable difference in power. In the future I will only get a v8 5.3

Eric J

Nov 20, 2008
SC
Real Name
Eric Jenkins
Business Location
United States
I opted for the E150. It is a 2008, the year that they changed to payload numbers significantly. The E150's are now(as of '08) equal to an older E250, a 250 is equal to a 350 etc...

In other words, the 1/2 ton Ford vans(E150) is now a 3/4 ton van, payload wise. But, they didn't get any taller etc...

I got the 150 beacuse it was sufficient for my TM etc... on the payload and upgraded brake system etc... yet it still fits in a standard size garage in my home. Huge plus for me!!!!!!

I liked the mirrors way better in the ford over the chevy. Way easier to see blind spots in the Ford. Chevy was slightly better on gas.

aaminc

Oct 29, 2009
Pa
Real Name
Chris Falvo
Business Location
United States
I have had ford, chevy, dodge vans and some were good and some were nightmares. Alot depends on whos driving it and how well its maintained. Even then its still a matter of luck. Do your research and play the numbers between ford and chevy and then just cross your fingers. The last chevy I traded was a 1500 and it had 190,000 miles on it and never put a nickel into it other then routine. The dodge I had was a problem from 30,000 miles to the day I gave it to good will.

joeynbgky

Oct 10, 2009
bowling green, ky, Nashville, Tn, Columbus, oh
www.Freshaircleans.com
Real Name
joey upchurch
Business Location
United States
I have a 2005 chevy express with 140 k on it... It has gone through 2 transmissions..... But that could be my fault. It has the 6.0 v-8

Let me tell you.. I race mustangs and kids all the time and when!!! May be why my trannys have gone out.. that thing is fast even loaded down I think its 330 HP

steam king

Apr 11, 2009
California
Real Name
Miguel Mayorga
Business Location
United States
I have an E-250 with 274,000 miles and still runs like a champ. I also have a Chevy g30 van with 150,000 and my Ford still runs better. IMO if you stay on top of your pms any vehicle will last.

XM_Industries

Aug 11, 2010
Georgia
Real Name
Brent Armstrong
Business Location
United States
If it's not going to have a huge amount of weight in it and you're looking for good fuel milage, why not look at the Ford Transit Connect. Smaller then the full size vans but the best there is on gas out there right now!

They are huge across the pond and I have heard great things about them!

http://www.fordvehicles.com/transitconnect/

X2, were running a pair of these for our remediation company and sales vehicles. Great little vehicles. Huge cargo area, great gas mileage, lots of little storage too.