United States

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
I've used powdered formula 90 for over 30 years. Always been a great product. :)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: russrroberts

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Do y'all prefer the powder or liquid version? My brothers and I always preferred the liquid. Super concentrated and works faster!

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Do y'all prefer the powder or liquid version? My brothers and I always preferred the liquid. Super concentrated and works faster!
Liquid always means more water added. Powder goes alot farther IMO.
Chemspec is quality as you know with less fillers and maximuim actual product.
I will use liquids when it comes to a laundry machine... but prefer powders for carpet cleaning.
Yes, I have used both liquid, powder Formula 90.
Only bonus was it mixed easier than powder.
As far as liquid F90 out cleaning the powder, never seen that.

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
Use that powdered F90 as a bonnet cleaner and save big bucks over a $40 a gallon "encapsulation" shampoo. Use only 1 oz per 5 gallons of water. It will "encapsulate" and leave a "crystal" that can be vacuumed when dry.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Use that powdered F90 as a bonnet cleaner and save big bucks over a $40 a gallon "encapsulation" shampoo. Use only 1 oz per 5 gallons of water. It will "encapsulate" and leave a "crystal" that can be vacuumed when dry.
1oz per gallon for encap is quite a stretch unless your talking about using it in a porty.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Liquid always means more water added. Powder goes alot farther IMO.
Chemspec is quality as you know with less fillers and maximuim actual product.
I will use liquids when it comes to a laundry machine... but prefer powders for carpet cleaning.
Yes, I have used both liquid, powder Formula 90.
Only bonus was it mixed easier than powder.
As far as liquid F90 out cleaning the powder, never seen that.
Not out clean,faster clean Grant.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Not out clean,faster clean Grant.
Well I can OUT run you ... that means I'm FASTER:whistle:
For years we used Formula 90 in our HF with fresh water rinse and worked awesome as a prespray especially with dwell time.
Yes, perhaps liquid may out perform ( ummm... be faster) when it only hits the carpet for a fraction of a second when rinsing with it through chem feed.
Huge fan of Prekleen and Enzall I may add ( yes I know these are presprays and not detergents) .
Just love anything Chemspec.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
I love Formula 90 and it does work as a prespray and yes, it does a good job as a bonnet cleaner too. Now when you start talking Enzall and prekleen you are talking about great presprays too but they both make my wast tank smell worse than anything else I have ever presprayed with and that's the only reason I got away from them.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Did a grimy aluminum finishing company's offices Saturday night. Only 4ounces of Matrix Olefin prespray followed by 90 w/Biosolve powder at half the recommended dillution as a rinse. Very impressed with this combo on CGD. Worked just as well on a daycare I did Friday night.

Reactions: emeraldclean

GreenTechAgain

Dec 12, 2009
Holiday, FL
www.GreenTechCarpetCleaning.com
Real Name
Ross Martin
Business Location
United States
I love Formula 90 and it does work as a prespray and yes, it does a good job as a bonnet cleaner too. Now when you start talking Enzall and prekleen you are talking about great presprays too but they both make my wast tank smell worse than anything else I have ever presprayed with and that's the only reason I got away from them.
At what dilution do you use for bonnet cleaning?
Thanks.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Ed, are you running your ezyet?

Anna7773

Jan 8, 2019
Real Name
Agi muchowicz
Hi, I had my carpet professionally cleaned with Formula 90 powder.
I have seen some comments saying that it is safe but the leaflet states that it contains a substance which may couse cancer.
Also the guy who cleaned the carpets used Formula 90 powder carpet cleaner to clean our sofas as well. I am worried about this even more as it is a product for carpets not sofas. The dust which should be valummed goes deep down to the sofa and I don’t think it can be vacuumed away. I have two small kids and do not like chemicals in my house. Now one month later carpets still have a chemical smell. I have cleaned them myself with a carpet cleaning machine and just water and after cleaning the smell is even stronger, when the carpet was wet it was very strong, now after two days the smell goes down. I have booked this guy from eco cleaners and was expecting him to use a safe product. Please share your opinion regarding the above.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
hmm, idk about doing day cares with formula 90 as a rinse.

they claim no danger but those crystals turn into dust in the air..

I have a new baby at home and I would never let her crawl around on a carpet with formula 90 crystals... maybe its harmless maybe not, but Im not gonna hope and find out

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Hi, I had my carpet professionally cleaned with Formula 90 powder.
I have seen some comments saying that it is safe but the leaflet states that it contains a substance which may couse cancer.
Also the guy who cleaned the carpets used Formula 90 powder carpet cleaner to clean our sofas as well. I am worried about this even more as it is a product for carpets not sofas. The dust which should be valummed goes deep down to the sofa and I don’t think it can be vacuumed away. I have two small kids and do not like chemicals in my house. Now one month later carpets still have a chemical smell. I have cleaned them myself with a carpet cleaning machine and just water and after cleaning the smell is even stronger, when the carpet was wet it was very strong, now after two days the smell goes down. I have booked this guy from eco cleaners and was expecting him to use a safe product. Please share your opinion regarding the above.
This product would have to be grossly misused to start to be of concern. If you do the math on dilution ratios there isn't much product spread out over the amount of water used. I appreciate your concern, but I'm very sure you and your children are going to be just fine.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Hmm, idk yes the dilution is low but still personally I wouldnt let my own newborn crawl around on that stuff.

The dilution is low but the product is highly concentrated, if its strong enough to have a cleaning effect on the carpet then its present enough to give exposure.

I reserve these type of products for homes with no kids, no pets.

The truth is our industry is full of extremely toxic products and the chem manufacturers dont care what they put out on the market