Chemicals | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Chemicals

Qbguru1987

May 17, 2020
Real Name
James Journell
I am on to researching and buying chemicals and this part to me, is confusing. I am just getting all things together to start my training on my carpets and family's. There are an overwhelming amount of chemicals out there.

Would you guys consider Pre spray the most important chemical?

It seems like less emphasis is placed on the solution for the machine(I am using a Ninja 400 potty, btw).

What exact chemicals are fundamental to get started? I know Pre spray, A Rinse. A solution for the Portable.

I am thinking about going with Rob's stuff or steam Brite has a package deal for 4 different chemicals(kryptonite), I might try out.

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
I just rinse with water. Been doing it that way for over a decade, while my step-dad who taught me did it that way for 40 years. But if you want to use one, then go for it.

Aside from that, there's only a few chemicals you really need, until you start needing other weirder stuff in certain situations.

I used to just keep Bio-Break on my van. Now I typically just have Grease Eraser on the van. No particular reason, I took over for my step-dad and he preferred grease eraser. Both work well. It doesn't really matter either way, most presprays work similarly from what I can tell, as long as they're reputable.

Then get some spotters. I keep all these spotters everywhere I go, citrusolve, rust remover, Stain 1, Ink Away, Matrix Citrus Gel, Red Relief. I keep a wallpaper steamer or Iron for red stains. Then some deodorizer like Odorcide and/or Chemeisters Proliminator. And a UV light for finding pee stains. That'll do like 99% of carpet jobs. Don't overthink it.

Qbguru1987

May 17, 2020
Real Name
James Journell
I just rinse with water. Been doing it that way for over a decade, while my step-dad who taught me did it that way for 40 years. But if you want to use one, then go for it.

Aside from that, there's only a few chemicals you really need, until you start needing other weirder stuff in certain situations.

I used to just keep Bio-Break on my van. Now I typically just have Grease Eraser on the van. No particular reason, I took over for my step-dad and he preferred grease eraser. Both work well. It doesn't really matter either way, most presprays work similarly from what I can tell, as long as they're reputable.

Then get some spotters. I keep all these spotters everywhere I go, citrusolve, rust remover, Stain 1, Ink Away, Matrix Citrus Gel, Red Relief. I keep a wallpaper steamer or Iron for red stains. Then some deodorizer like Odorcide and/or Chemeisters Proliminator. And a UV light for finding pee stains. That'll do like 99% of carpet jobs. Don't overthink it.
Do you recommend a cleaning solution for my portable? Or just get a pre spray and some spotters?

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Start with a prespray and rinse. The rinse is important as it neutralizes pH. If you do not use rinse, the carpet could turn brown or get crunchy.

Then pick up something for urine and enzymes.

Qbguru1987

May 17, 2020
Real Name
James Journell
Start with a prespray and rinse. The rinse is important as it neutralizes pH. If you do not use rinse, the carpet could turn brown or get crunchy.

Then pick up something for urine and enzymes.
The rinse is the last step right? After I have extracted?

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
If you are using a portable, mix the rinse in your fresh water tank. It comes out when you use the wand.

For prespray you need a garden sprayer.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Think about it this way. Prespray bumps pH up to 13. Rinse brings it back down to 7.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
You’d have to test the pH to know for sure. If the pH is neutral, then it can be used without acid rinse.

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
Have you inspected your work one week later?
I have done thousands upon thousands of jobs rinsing with clean water. Pretty much never have problems. I thoroughly rinse and I thoroughly dry, and with that, there is never an issue.

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
I have done thousands upon thousands of jobs rinsing with clean water. Pretty much never have problems. I thoroughly rinse and I thoroughly dry, and with that, there is never an issue.
You put down fans and wait til its dry to leave?

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
You put down fans and wait til its dry to leave?
In certain situations i do, yes. But last week i cleaned my carpet and it dried completely in 2 hours. So usually no need.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Also depends on the pre-spray. I have seen it turn crunchy without rinse.