Chemicals | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Chemicals

fashion79

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Hi guys, my name is Sergio from Italy. My job is washing oriental rugs with portable machine. For now i am working with Prochem prespray gold and Liquid woolsafe extraction cleaner. My agitation machine is a Sebo duo and my portable machine is Santoemma Sabrina Maxi. My customers are satisfied but i would like to improve my washing result. What else do you recommend me for improve my washing?
Thanks

Sorry for my bad english

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Dusting (dry soil removal), as a first step, submersion cleaning and flushing will remove more soils than the use of a portable.

I think you would also get better results from Wool Perfect prespray and Wool Zone rinse if you are able to find Bridgepoint products in Europe.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Vacuuming Orientals with the face fibers down with your sebo duo will remove a lot of dry soil, you will see how much has fallen out of it when you pick up the rug again. You can easily make your own temporary wash pit, but I like flushing it with a garden hose before cleaning them if it's just a general maintenance cleaning. Submerging them for extended periods, with water changes is better with pet urine issues. I dry all rugs in the sun with one fan on them, sometimes they don't have to be hung up in the shop with a dehumidifier at all. My last shop, I had built a rug drying room, but after discovering the sun dry method... it rarely was used again.

fashion79

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Dusting (dry soil removal), as a first step, submersion cleaning and flushing will remove more soils than the use of a portable.

I think you would also get better results from Wool Perfect prespray and Wool Zone rinse if you are able to find Bridgepoint products in Europe.
For now, i wash my carpets with Prochem UK cheamicals. Bridgepoint chems are better than Prochems?

• Haha
Reactions: Joe cool

fashion79

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
I was very disappointed with the Prochem Prespray Gold. This chemical cleaner does not clean heavily soiled carpet.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I was very disappointed with the Prochem Prespray Gold. This chemical cleaner does not clean heavily soiled carpet.

Well, it's not designed for heavily soiled carpet, heh. It's a gentle cleaner specifically for wool and other natural fibers.

MasterBlend has a great reputation for excellent rug cleaning chemicals - their Urine Lock, MasterTech shampoo, and Magic Stain and Dye Remover get huge reviews from virtually everyone here who has used them. In fact, my top-of-the-heap rug cleaning folks use their stuff almost exclusively.

If their products are available to you, maybe see if they can send you some samples to try. I think you'll be quite pleased.

And your English is beautiful (bellissimo!) compared to what I'm exposed to every day here. (n)

fashion79

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
I could not find Masterblend in Europe. From USA, i found Chemspec chemicals in Europe.
Which prespray do you advise me for heavily soiled oriental rugs?

Thanks!

my english is so bad

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
You might try the Chemspec Oriental Rug Shampoo - it's not quite the same as the MasterBlend (MB has some very unique ingredients in their bottles) but its concept is similar.

Reactions: smartcarpetcare

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
The answer to heavily soiled Oriental rugs is not in the prespray. Stronger chemicals may damage the fibers or dyes.

You may need to educate your customers so the rugs are cleaned more often. Or you may need to change the method and develop a submersion, pit washing system.
Or you may need to do multiple cleanings.

It is a shame that people let works of art (which a hand-knotted rug is) get abused to the point of being heavily soiled.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
The Chemspec shampoo cleans rather well. However, it is foamy and tends to be difficult to rinse out. Be sure all residue is rinsed away or the rug will resoil faster than normal.

Reactions: smartcarpetcare

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
The Chemspec shampoo cleans rather well. However, it is foamy and tends to be difficult to rinse out. Be sure all residue is rinsed away or the rug will resoil faster than normal.

The necessity of thorough rinsing with shampoos is kind of glossed over by a lot of my guys - the bottle even touts the fact that it creates a "rich, dense foam" for suspension, but some guys don't get that idea that you must get rid of that foam after you're done, lol!

fashion79

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Can i try Chemspec shampoo with Rotowash R30B or i need necessarily a slow speed rotary machine?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Chemspec shampoo will work with either method of agitation.

Eran

Apr 28, 2017
Real Name
Eran Nardea
Hello Sergio ,
i think that u r searching the answer in the wrong direction . the chem' is not your
problem cause u r using good chem's but your lake is at the final stage of rinsing a vacuming . the sabrina maxi is very nice "toy" for upholstery and some small carpets at home , but compared to a decent porty that has at least 220 psi and dual 2\3 stage vacum motors compared to the sabrina maxi that has rated of 135psi that falls to 90psi in working conditions (i have measured that cause i'm using allso 1 for backup or small jobs) and has a huge lake in vacume motor single 2 stage 1500W , u will notice the difference in a single pass and make u'r jobs easier and quicker .
masrer tech shampo\all fiber rinse \oriental rug shampoo from masterblend are a great a safe products for rinsing all those wool or delicate fibers carpets that could suffer from dye's . for me chemspec are more aggressive chemicals and in some cases leaves soap soils even that i rinse very carefully a number of times to leaves the carpet as dry as i can without any chem's lefftovers .

Reactions: Scott W

fashion79

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Hello Sergio ,
i think that u r searching the answer in the wrong direction . the chem' is not your
problem cause u r using good chem's but your lake is at the final stage of rinsing a vacuming . the sabrina maxi is very nice "toy" for upholstery and some small carpets at home , but compared to a decent porty that has at least 220 psi and dual 2\3 stage vacum motors compared to the sabrina maxi that has rated of 135psi that falls to 90psi in working conditions (i have measured that cause i'm using allso 1 for backup or small jobs) and has a huge lake in vacume motor single 2 stage 1500W , u will notice the difference in a single pass and make u'r jobs easier and quicker .
masrer tech shampo\all fiber rinse \oriental rug shampoo from masterblend are a great a safe products for rinsing all those wool or delicate fibers carpets that could suffer from dye's . for me chemspec are more aggressive chemicals and in some cases leaves soap soils even that i rinse very carefully a number of times to leaves the carpet as dry as i can without any chem's lefftovers .
Thanks!!!!
Do you recommend me a good portable machine that i find in Europe?

Eran

Apr 28, 2017
Real Name
Eran Nardea
Thanks!!!!
Do you recommend me a good portable machine that i find in Europe?
Hi ,
i will recommend u to leave the maxi for backups or small upholstery jobs , and try to
think of Sandia Sniper 300PSI + heat as a cheaper upgrade option or another good option will be mytee 1003dx if your buddget lets u . those 2 portys for me are the best value for money in their price range. the mytee has 500psi pump with dual 3 stage motors in paralel ! (will perform better in vacuming then serial)
try to feel the difference if u can rent a machine before decide if its fits to u .

btw
sabrina maxi is the most common machine in our country for upholstery cleaning ;)

fashion79

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Hi ,
i will recommend u to leave the maxi for backups or small upholstery jobs , and try to
think of Sandia Sniper 300PSI + heat as a cheaper upgrade option or another good option will be mytee 1003dx if your buddget lets u . those 2 portys for me are the best value for money in their price range. the mytee has 500psi pump with dual 3 stage motors in paralel ! (will perform better in vacuming then serial)
try to feel the difference if u can rent a machine before decide if its fits to u .

btw
sabrina maxi is the most common machine in our country for upholstery cleaning ;)
Do you know that i wash oriental rugs only?
These machines are suitable for oriental rugs?
Hot water is very danger for wool!

Eran

Apr 28, 2017
Real Name
Eran Nardea
Do you know that i wash oriental rugs only?
These machines are suitable for oriental rugs?
Hot water is very danger for wool!
1. yes i have noticed that
2. every machine can suite , there is no paraticular machines for orientals only
that is the moment that your knowlage and proffesionality comes out for choosing the
right pressure , right chem's , and the most important the steps that will be maid in the procedure of cleaning and that stands for all kinds of carpets and upholstery .
3. that is why i didnt wrote u to work with heat for any job . not every oriental will be a problem with hot rinse , it depends on the situations and may be change from time to time .

Reactions: Scott W