chemical pump | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

chemical pump

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
interlink installed a brand new chemical pump & a brand new water pump & my chemical still only primes & want come thru the line I'm having some problem before I bought the 2 new pumps any help would be greatly appreciated....its a chemtex

Reactions: Jim Davisson

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
interlink installed a brand new chemical pump & a brand new water pump & my chemical still only primes & want come thru the line I'm having some problem before I bought the 2 new pumps any help would be greatly appreciated....its a chemtex
I had a worse than usual problem last year with my chem pump and it turned out to be the 3 way valve on the machine was bad. It was leaking air somehow so when I set it to draw chem it wouldn't do it. I also had the chemical check valve go bad, but it has a different symptom. I replaced them both and rebuilt my old chem pump. It was the most trouble I'd ever had with it, but those parts were like 15 years old and never a problem. I didn't even know the chemical system had that check valve for all those years. It is located inline near the front bottom of my machine near where the solution goes out of the machine.

If you've done all you say the 3 way valve would be my next thing I'd check and replace. You have to remove it to check it for an air leak. You should be able to get one for about 40 bucks if it'a anything like mine. I purchased mine on E-bay. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5337618551&icep_item=222165612934

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Even with an air leak, it will halfazz pull chemical.
When my 3 way chemical valve got an air leak it flat out wouldn't do anything. I guess it has to do with just how bad the air leak was. I don't know. That was a first for me. My 3 way was trouble free for a lot of years so I had a tough time figuring it out. I had just about everything that can go wrong with the chemical injection system all go wrong at the same time. I started with rebuilding the chemical pump and a new check valve in the Comet where it connects. Normally that would do the trick. Then I found out about the other check valve inline that I didn't even know was there so I replaced that and it did solve one problem, but it still wasn't drawing anything. Finally I replaced the 3 way and that did it. Now I have a new chemical pump too and it's better than ever. I just hope it stays that way. I kept my old style pump as a backup.

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
When my 3 way chemical valve got an air leak it flat out wouldn't do anything. I guess it has to do with just how bad the air leak was. I don't know. That was a first for me. My 3 way was trouble free for a lot of years so I had a tough time figuring it out. I had just about everything that can go wrong with the chemical injection system all go wrong at the same time. I started with rebuilding the chemical pump and a new check valve in the Comet where it connects. Normally that would do the trick. Then I found out about the other check valve inline that I didn't even know was there so I replaced that and it did solve one problem, but it still wasn't drawing anything. Finally I replaced the 3 way and that did it. Now I have a new chemical pump too and it's better than ever. I just hope it stays that way. I kept my old style pump as a backup.
just ordered 1 thanks a lot you would think interlink would have checked & ruled those things out before they have me buying pumps

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
just ordered 1 thanks a lot you would think interlink would have checked & ruled those things out before they have me buying pumps
I think it's a bit of a hassle to do it and I don't think it's a real common problem. Mine lasted about 15 years before I had an issue. It is mentioned in the trouble shooting section of the manual, but I never really even noticed it. I think one of the Jondon techs told me to check it for air leaks so I finally pulled it out and sure enough it was leaking air. When the valve is turned to one position it should be shut off at the other position and mine wasn't shutting the other line off completely. Your's is a different style pump from mine. Does your machine even use the 3 way style chemical selector?

Reactions: Rory henderson

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
I think it's a bit of a hassle to do it and I don't think it's a real common problem. Mine lasted about 15 years before I had an issue. It is mentioned in the trouble shooting section of the manual, but I never really even noticed it. I think one of the Jondon techs told me to check it for air leaks so I finally pulled it out and sure enough it was leaking air. When the valve is turned to one position it should be shut off at the other position and mine wasn't shutting the other line off completely. Your's is a different style pump from mine. Does your machine even use the 3 way style chemical selector?
yup I have a 3 way selector & just ordered a new one & the dial just to be on the safe side

Reactions: wandwizard

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
so I ordered new three way valve metering valve & new tubing & install myself after I'm done I see on old tubing there is a slit on one of them about a half inch long it never leaked & I don't know if that tubing was the fix but my chemical pump is working now I'm good to go & ended up doing myself

Reactions: Kxp

hurricanecc

Nov 21, 2013
I just replaced the diaphragm on my chemical pump on my 870ss, it primes great now, but doesn’t keep a draw after a minute or so. I had a hell of a time putting the chemical pump back together with the threading feeling off. I found some cross threading shards within the threads so I’m hoping there isn’t a leak in that area. I didn’t thoroughly inspect the check valves for damage or debris. Would debris in the check valve cause a chemical draw loss? I’m seeing bubble originating at the top of the site glass.