Chemical list | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Chemical list

tri-state

Jun 14, 2012
Real Name
Michael Bean
I am looking for a good set-up of chemicals that does a good job cleaning and I wouldn't have to worry about damging carpet while cleaning. I have made a list of chemicals that I think would be a good start because I'm new to cc. Could you guys help out and maybe add or take away from my list?
Pre-sprays---Flex & Zone perfect

extraction detergent---End zone

booster---citrus solv

protector---Maxim adv.

will also be getting the Bridgepoint spotting kit

Just ordered Robs ral video, And will be attending IICRC tech class soon. just trying to learn as much as possible before I start charging for service.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I am looking for a good set-up of chemicals that does a good job cleaning and I wouldn't have to worry about damging carpet while cleaning. I have made a list of chemicals that I think would be a good start because I'm new to cc. Could you guys help out and maybe add or take away from my list?
Pre-sprays---Flex & Zone perfect
Choice of prespray should depend upon two things - 1) The fiber the carpet is made from and 2) The type of soil you want to remove. Zone PErfect is an excellent choice for most residential carpets. Flex is good for the greasy commercial carpets. On the really nasty ones, high heat and agitation also help.
Traffic Slam is the choice for olefin especially when it gets a lot of tracked in particle soils like much commercial glue down carpet. Choose Flex is the commercial is greasy. Choose Traffic Slam if it is mostly foot traffic and dirt.
There are also prespray just for wool and for people with chemical sensitivity or allergies.

extraction detergent---End zone
Good choice for residential jobs or any place the folks walk on carpet without shoes. Less resoiling and the carpet feels soft under foot.
USe White Lightning (powder) or Point Blue (liquid) for heavily soiled carpet or most commercial places. Gives an extra kick to the cleaning power but the carpets won't feel as soft.

booster---citrus solv
Citrus Solv is the world's most popular booster. Great when oils and grease are present plus has a really nice fragrance. 100% active ingredients, no "fillers."
Pine Boost is very similar but with a Pine fragrance since the solvents come from pine instead of oranges. Costs a bit less.
Boost All is another good booster that makes whites whiter and bold colors brighter. It also works to keep your prespray working longer when more dwell time is needed.

protector---Maxim adv.
Absolutely the best performing product

will also be getting the Bridgepoint spotting kit
Hold off about 2 months on buying a spotting kit. Just buy the spotters that will cover the most common stains, RedZONE, StainZONE, Avenge Pro and maybe T-Rust. You will thank me later.

Just ordered Robs ral video, And will be attending IICRC tech class soon. just trying to learn as much as possible before I start charging for service.

Which IICRC class will you be attending, Carpet cleaning tech? Do you know who the instructor will be?

tri-state

Jun 14, 2012
Real Name
Michael Bean
Im pretty sure CCT class is second week of Aug. at Bridgepoint of Louisville. and I dont know who the instructor will be. I will get the spotters you mentioned instead of the kit
Will any of these pre-sprays damage/dye certain fibers?

Also I will be using a Butler tm so I should have good heat.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Im pretty sure CCT class is second week of Aug. at Bridgepoint of Louisville. and I dont know who the instructor will be. I will get the spotters you mentioned instead of the kit
Will any of these pre-sprays damage/dye certain fibers?

Also I will be using a Butler tm so I should have good heat.

there is almost always some small chance of damage to dyes or fibers. For example, wool is more sensitive than synthetic fibers. Choose products especially formulated and/or tested to be safe for wool fibers.

Nylon with Stain Resist could be diminished by cleaning with pH over 10.0 (Flex). That is debatable, but manufacturers may still have that in their warranty.

tri-state

Jun 14, 2012
Real Name
Michael Bean
Thanks Scott, I know there's so much I need to learn. Hopefully after attending the IICRC class i'll understand everything a little better.

Classicboss

Jul 30, 2008
Ithaca, New York
www.classiccarpetcareservice.com
Real Name
Dan Langendoerfer
Business Location
United States
Great line up of products! I love the bridgepoint products, too bad I won't order anymore after spending tens of thousands of dollars with my distributor, I guess he don't seem to think that my business is that important and I order quite a sum at a time too. The products are great though, never had a problem using them and Interlink is a great company too! By the way... How you doing Scott.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Great line up of products! I love the bridgepoint products, too bad I won't order anymore after spending tens of thousands of dollars with my distributor, I guess he don't seem to think that my business is that important and I order quite a sum at a time too. The products are great though, never had a problem using them and Interlink is a great company too! By the way... How you doing Scott.

I sent you a PM. Let's see if we can resolve the problem you encountered.

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
New to the buisness and you have a Butler ? Wish I could have started like that. I did the porty in the pick up routine for two years. And reading your list of chems you mut be buying from Interlink.

Well you have a good machine and Scott's got your back dude... your all set!!!

tri-state

Jun 14, 2012
Real Name
Michael Bean
Bud, I was going to purchase a porty and haul it around. but I found the butler on craigslist and I got a good deal on it, figured if it didnt work out I could sell the equipment and break even.
I will be purchasing chems. at Bridgepoint of Louisville and scott has really helped me out as far as basic chemicals go, Wish I had half the knowledge he has.

Keith Kool Shannon

Dec 9, 2011
WA
Real Name
Keith Shannon
Business Location
United States
if your going to take the IICRC classes and you are the owner of the company, make sure you have the business certified as a firm threw the IICRC. Otherwise it will not be a marketing advantage for you.

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
I thought to be a certified FIRM for IICRC you had to have all the courses completed???

T

TheEyeball

I'll just tell you what I use and you can take it or leave it.

Prespray: Preload

Chem Injection System: Prochem All Fiber Deep Clean

Spotter: Matrix white gel citrus spotter from Jon-Don

General Stains: Pro's Choice USR or Matrix Bad Dog from Jon-Don. Both work the same. Pretty strong oxidizers.

Red Stains: Pro's Choice Red Relief, which is a reducer.

Tough Stains: Stain Magic. Very strong oxidizer.

Rust: Novel, Whink, or anything with hydrofluoric acid. Yeah, it can be dangerous. Don't drink it.

Emulsifying Spotter: Pro's Choice Power Gel

Also get some 8" napping shears. They can help you clip out paint drips and stuff, and scrape dog hair and crap out of edges. They come in handy for all sorts of other stuff too. For example, tucking carpet back under the baseboard if it has pulled up when your vacuum hose grabs a hold of it, like if you're vacuuming dog hair our of a corner or edge or something.

With those products you can do anything, you can take out any spot or stain that has any chance of coming out. If those products don't work, nothing else will. You can buy a spotting kit if you want but they are expensive, you get tiny little bottles, and many of the products are redundant and unnecessary.

LarryJones

Mar 12, 2012
Florida
Real Name
Larry Jones
Business Location
United States
I'll just tell you what I use and you can take it or leave it.

Prespray: Preload

Chem Injection System: Prochem All Fiber Deep Clean

Spotter: Matrix white gel citrus spotter from Jon-Don

General Stains: Pro's Choice USR or Matrix Bad Dog from Jon-Don. Both work the same. Pretty strong oxidizers.

Red Stains: Pro's Choice Red Relief, which is a reducer.

Tough Stains: Stain Magic. Very strong oxidizer.

Rust: Novel, Whink, or anything with hydrofluoric acid. Yeah, it can be dangerous. Don't drink it.

Emulsifying Spotter: Pro's Choice Power Gel

Also get some 8" napping shears. They can help you clip out paint drips and stuff, and scrape dog hair and crap out of edges. They come in handy for all sorts of other stuff too. For example, tucking carpet back under the baseboard if it has pulled up when your vacuum hose grabs a hold of it, like if you're vacuuming dog hair our of a corner or edge or something.

With those products you can do anything, you can take out any spot or stain that has any chance of coming out. If those products don't work, nothing else will. You can buy a spotting kit if you want but they are expensive, you get tiny little bottles, and many of the products are redundant and unnecessary.

Thanks for posting Ross. I just copied and saved it.