Chemical injection not working

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 2, 2016
Real Name
Gary Allen
Boxxer 421 - So I bleed the system then if I turn the knob to on or off it still injects the chemical at the highest rate, if I adjust the flow meter it doesn't do anything...any ideas what's wrong?

Last edited:

Choneque

Nov 18, 2012
Real Name
Sean Page
Prime is completely turned on? Or prime isn't working properly.

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Gary Allen
After priming it just goes on full even if it's in the off position, and literally drinks a 20ltr drum

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Sounds like a check valve is stuck or more than likely, a large hole in the diaphragm.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
If you're turning it to Off and it's still injecting it almost has to be you're 3 way valve is bad. If it's an older machine the likely hood is much greater. Mine was causing me problems and I couldn't figure it out. I did everything to fix it except to change the 3 way. When I changed the 3 way everything started working again like it should. I see no way what you're describing could even possibly happen if you're valve was working.

You may need to rebuild your chem pump too, but I'd bet that valve is your problem.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
After priming it just goes on full even if it's in the off position, and literally drinks a 20ltr drum
What are you setting the needle valve that controls the Dwyer at? I normally just turn it out just a couple turns to get about 3 gph. It sounds like your 3 way valve is bad so it's actually priming all the time now. That's the only way I can think of that it would draw that much out of your jug that fast.

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Gary Allen
Yeah it's just always full on even if I turn off

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Gary Allen
Unfortunately my hydramaster dealer here is rubish

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Unfortunately my hydramaster dealer here is rubish
How old is the machine and how many hours does it have on it? Have you rebuilt your chem pump recently?

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Gary Allen
It's 7 years old and treated like a baby, runs as smooth as nut,but no i haven't rebuilt the chemical pump. do suggest a new diaphragm?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
It's 7 years old and treated like a baby, runs as smooth as nut,but no i haven't rebuilt the chemical pump. do suggest a new diaphragm?
If it's been that long I'd suggest going ahead and at least replacing the check valves and diaphragm as well. It's kind of a pain to pull that thing apart so I'd definitely get all the parts for the rebuild which shouldn't be much cost wise. I'm not sure if you're using the same chemical pump I have. Mine is the old style brass pump. There really isn't much to rebuilding it at all. Just have to make certain you put the 2 check valves in it in the right direction. There is also a check valve that comes off your main pump that at least needs to be inspected or replaced. I've never worked on the new stainless steel chemical pump. I've been told they're even easier, but really the old one is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. There is only a total of 4 parts in mine to replace.

Still, if you're setting your 3 way valve to off and it's still drawing I'd bet that's your problem so maybe you don't need to pull your chem pump apart just yet. Mine lasted a lot longer than yours did, but perhaps you've just put your machine under a lot heavier use than I have. I noticed after I changed my valve out how much more resistance it had to turning it than my old valve. The new one is real tight.