Chemical Friendly??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by aussie john, Jul 2, 2017.

1. aussie john

aussie john New Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If there is such a thing. Can anyone tell me what presprays they use? Something that doesn't kill your kidneys would be nice

2. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +9,912 / 11 / -1
    The main issues with any prespray is the conditions where it is mixed and sprayed.

The primary route of entry to the body for the chemicals of concern is inhalation.

Have good ventilation when mixing.

When spraying, use the proper sized tip (04 is the smallest I would use, but I like 06 or 08 better. Larger droplets fall to the carpet immediately and don't drift around in the air.

Proper pressure also matters. 35 to 55 PSI for pump up or electric sprayers.

Keep the tip of the spray wand between 12" and 18" from the carpet. Too close and the spry bounces back into the breathable air space. Too far from the carpet and the droplets also get into the air.

Proper spraying technique will do more to improve health concerns that what chemical you use in most cases.

That being said, Bridgepoint makes Green Balance which has ingredients approved as safe for people and the environment (GRAS; US EPA DfE, etc.).

• Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Male
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +1,108 / 6 / -0
    dont pre spray with the truckmount heat on, once your spraying the steam around the room thats bad.

4. OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Male
    F.A.R.T. = Fabric Analyst & Restoration Technician
    Florida
    Ratings:
    +4,360 / 7 / -0

Hey Scott.....Remember the days when we sprayed Trichloroethane 1,1,1 like it was water? Wooooooo Weeeeeee. :yuck::hungover::p

• Like Like x 1
  5. mustangcarpet

mustangcarpet Active Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Male
    Arizona
    Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Procyon

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Common janitor

Common janitor Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3,200 / 10 / -0
    Wise man . Really need something to keep in the van at all times ( Winter is terrible here in Pa. ) . Procyon Plus can cover me for almost everything . Like all chems , you have to "work with it " but it does a fine job . Those of us in the colder parts of the U.S.A. need something versatile and a powder . Yes sir , there's a jar in my van right now .
    All the Best , Ed

• Like Like x 2
  7. OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Male
    F.A.R.T. = Fabric Analyst & Restoration Technician
    Florida
    Ratings:
    +4,360 / 7 / -0
    I would add Odoban 3 in 1 carpet cleaner is just as good, half the price and equally as friendly.

• Like Like x 1