Chemical Friendly??

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 3, 2012
Real Name
John Bradley
If there is such a thing. Can anyone tell me what presprays they use? Something that doesn't kill your kidneys would be nice

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
The main issues with any prespray is the conditions where it is mixed and sprayed.

The primary route of entry to the body for the chemicals of concern is inhalation.

Have good ventilation when mixing.

When spraying, use the proper sized tip (04 is the smallest I would use, but I like 06 or 08 better. Larger droplets fall to the carpet immediately and don't drift around in the air.

Proper pressure also matters. 35 to 55 PSI for pump up or electric sprayers.

Keep the tip of the spray wand between 12" and 18" from the carpet. Too close and the spry bounces back into the breathable air space. Too far from the carpet and the droplets also get into the air.

Proper spraying technique will do more to improve health concerns that what chemical you use in most cases.

That being said, Bridgepoint makes Green Balance which has ingredients approved as safe for people and the environment (GRAS; US EPA DfE, etc.).

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
dont pre spray with the truckmount heat on, once your spraying the steam around the room thats bad.

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
The main issues with any prespray is the conditions where it is mixed and sprayed.

The primary route of entry to the body for the chemicals of concern is inhalation.

Have good ventilation when mixing.

When spraying, use the proper sized tip (04 is the smallest I would use, but I like 06 or 08 better. Larger droplets fall to the carpet immediately and don't drift around in the air.

Proper pressure also matters. 35 to 55 PSI for pump up or electric sprayers.

Keep the tip of the spray wand between 12" and 18" from the carpet. Too close and the spry bounces back into the breathable air space. Too far from the carpet and the droplets also get into the air.

Proper spraying technique will do more to improve health concerns that what chemical you use in most cases.

That being said, Bridgepoint makes Green Balance which has ingredients approved as safe for people and the environment (GRAS; US EPA DfE, etc.).

Hey Scott.....Remember the days when we sprayed Trichloroethane 1,1,1 like it was water? Wooooooo Weeeeeee. :yuck::hungover::p

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Wise man . Really need something to keep in the van at all times ( Winter is terrible here in Pa. ) . Procyon Plus can cover me for almost everything . Like all chems , you have to "work with it " but it does a fine job . Those of us in the colder parts of the U.S.A. need something versatile and a powder . Yes sir , there's a jar in my van right now .
All the Best , Ed

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
If there is such a thing. Can anyone tell me what presprays they use? Something that doesn't kill your kidneys would be nice
By time anything gets your kidney, you'll get high on chemistry and ready for CPAP...