Chem-Tex anyone?

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Not that Amtex TM's are top of the line but they certainly are a step above a Chemtex, if I were to compare a Chemtex to another TM I would compare them to the EZ TM's or Blue Barons....about the same quality

TORONTO BLUEJAYS

Sep 2, 2011
ONTARIO,CANADA
Real Name
JAY AKRAM
Business Location
Canada
I bought my mytee 1003 and roto machine from the them ,didnt have pleasant experience.my extractor and roto both broke matter of two months after purchase called chemtex they gave me number for mytee.took me month to get hold of some one at mytee finally they gave me number for local guy here in toronto,when i went to his shop he said he doesnt honor warranty unless i buy from him.so bottom line chemtex and mytee are both **** period.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
I bought my mytee 1003 and roto machine from the them ,didnt have pleasant experience.my extractor and roto both broke matter of two months after purchase called chemtex they gave me number for mytee.took me month to get hold of some one at mytee finally they gave me number for local guy here in toronto,when i went to his shop he said he doesnt honor warranty unless i buy from him.so bottom line chemtex and mytee are both **** period.
Interesting, very interesting...perhaps you should start a thread on your experience....now that would be interesting.

Chipthecleaner

Apr 26, 2012
AR
Real Name
Chip Stokes
Business Location
United States
Hello all,

just getting started in the business and looking for a supplier and a unit. I live in Lafayette, La and here are the 2 I have found that are close

I have info and price from Chem-Tex out of Houston, Tx but I do not know how they rank?

I have also read some post on here that say interlink is good, and I have found one in Baton Rouge, LA.

Has any one done business with Chem-Tex? Or has anyone heard good or bad about their units or supplies?

Thanks

Cleanmasterkw

May 27, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
www.cleanmasterservices.ca
Real Name
Tyler Jeffrey
Business Location
Canada
Hi Chipthecleaner,

So far I have had no problems with my TM but a coupler going. I've also had no trouble contacting Chemtex when I've had any questions or to learn how to replace the coupler. This it the first TM I've owned so I cant compare it to anything but I'm pretty happy with it!

Good luck in the biz!

Gordo

Sep 10, 2012
Real Name
Gordon Frederick
I never heard anything good about chem-tex except they are cheap! That only for the last 20 years though!

Cleanmasterkw

May 27, 2011
Real Name
Tyler Jeffrey
Business Location
Canada
I never heard anything good about chem-tex except they are cheap! That only for the last 20 years though!
Well after reading my comment you have :p I have heard so many bad things about them, but have only encountered problems with the coupler and the solenoid. Easy fixes! I am hoping to buy a prochem in the future just for the decrease in noise and to run it off my truck (less gas fumes!) But I can say with my machine I do a better job that may cleaners in my area using the "better" equipment!

psufan215

Feb 21, 2011
FL
Real Name
Bill Glinka
Business Location
United States
I have a 24 HP Honda from Chemtex with dual stainless steel heat exchangers and at the moment I have about 150 hours on it and I have no complaints. I've had a few minor issues here and there but nothing major. I paid under $9500 complete /delivered. If your just starting out I would definitely recommend Chemtex. Their mechanic is on call 24 hrs/day and is always willing to help you with any problems you may have. I've never seen an Amtex machine in person but they appear to be good deals also. I just can't see spending $15k and up for a comparable machine from Pro Chem, Hydramaster or Sapphire.

psufan215

Feb 21, 2011
FL
Real Name
Bill Glinka
Business Location
United States
I suppose a fair comparison between Chemtex and Pro Chem would be like comparing a Kia to a Lexus. Both cars will get you from point A to point B but one cost considerably less. Some people love Kia's---in my opinion, those that don't like Kia's just say they are junk because they want to be able to feel better about being able to justify paying more for their Lexus. I've had my truck mount for 1 year now and everything is running just fine. When you get right down to it, all truck mounts are made up of basically the same basic parts. Basically every truck mount is composed of a motor, blower, 2 heat exchangers, recovery tank, circulating tank, and water pump. Chemtex and Amtex use the same motors, same blowers as your top major brands. In my opinion the biggest difference is the wiring and the plumbing are usually better in the upper name brand models

jeffwick

Dec 28, 2011
WV
www.extremecarpetcleaningwv.com
Real Name
Jeff Wickline
Business Location
United States
I have a Chem-Tex black stallion its only 15 HP and it still runs like new after 3 years and 800 Hours. I am still happy with it. As far as people saying their machine cleans better than others is crazy. It might clean up easier with less scrubbing because it gets hotter than some machines. And as far as dry time, it still dries in 12 hours or less with my 33 blower. Its all how good the cleaner is. I worked for the top carpet cleaning company for ten years with top of the line machines and i still do a better job than most of the guys they have cleaning for them now. Its not the machine its the guy behind it. As long as you stick to the IICRC guidlines you will be the best... Even with a portable.

Cleanmasterkw

May 27, 2011
Real Name
Tyler Jeffrey
Business Location
Canada
I have a Chem-Tex black stallion its only 15 HP and it still runs like new after 3 years and 800 Hours. I am still happy with it. As far as people saying their machine cleans better than others is crazy. It might clean up easier with less scrubbing because it gets hotter than some machines. And as far as dry time, it still dries in 12 hours or less with my 33 blower. Its all how good the cleaner is. I worked for the top carpet cleaning company for ten years with top of the line machines and i still do a better job than most of the guys they have cleaning for them now. Its not the machine its the guy behind it. As long as you stick to the IICRC guidlines you will be the best... Even with a portable.
I definitely agree with you on its the guy behind the machine not the machine for the most part (obviously the machine has to be half decent)!! I use the Powermax 30 56 blower, I do the cleaning and an extra dry pass the carpets usually dry in 1-3 hours in most cases! We only do 3 jobs per crew a day and charge a bit more while our competitors will do 5 or 6.

Tbone21

Feb 5, 2018
Real Name
Terry obrien
Supplier. Jon-don. Very good fast talk to Derick nice guy. Tell him terry from Steve's Bradley sent ya. I'll get u the number or go on line.