irishrayn3

Nov 18, 2009
Lafayette
Real Name
Matt Rayner
Business Location
United States
Hello all,

just getting started in the business and looking for a supplier and a unit. I live in Lafayette, La and here are the 2 I have found that are close

I have info and price from Chem-Tex out of Houston, Tx but I do not know how they rank?

I have also read some post on here that say interlink is good, and I have found one in Baton Rouge, LA.

Has any one done business with Chem-Tex? Or has anyone heard good or bad about their units or supplies?

Thanks

Jon Oyen

Aug 5, 2008
Bloomington, MN
Real Name
Jon Oyen
Hello there. I would recommend Amtex equipment, there out of houston as well. Ben is a great guy who will go the extra mile for you. He has quality TM's, portable TM's, infact chem-tex got some of there ideas from Amtex. Amtex has great pricing on all of there stuff. I have the amtex prowler, its a great machine. Give Ben a call you won't be dissappointed. 1 832-860-4647.

jlvillatoro

Sep 24, 2009
USA
Real Name
Jose Villatoro
Business Location
United States
If you're looking at suppliers, there is also a manufacturer called "Namco mfg" in Houston, TX. Amtex only sells truck mount units, not supplies (although they like to include a "starter" chem package when they sell their units).

I purchased the Amtex Inferno 20 and I have been very pleased so far. What sold me was their 1-year "no bull" labor and parts warranty since I'm not good with a wrench and I wanted some peace of mind at least for my first year of business.

I don't know anything about Chem-tex units but I know they also carry electric portables, which Amtex does not.

Ben with Amtex is a down-to-earth person and he makes himself accessible to his customers.

-Jose

steve lillard

Feb 25, 2006
Huntersville, NC, Ann Arbor, MI
Real Name
Steve Lillard
Business Location
United States
Amtex is a far greater unit than the Chem-Tex, I had both, and still have the Amtex Inferno

When I recived my Amtex I was surprise how well wraped it was for shipping. and the hose'e and fittings was a good quality pieces. Ben must of have used three rolls of wrapping material, the Chem-Tex had about 3 layers on it,

I have only been using it since June and I'm a Butler guy but I perffered the Inferno over the Butler now.

And for the price! it was only $8995

MC Ingenieria

Dec 30, 2009
Guadalajara México
Real Name
Manuel Cortes
Business Location
United States
ChemTex, im not a cleaner but i can say a few things, Chemtex are decent medium quality machines, they have Kholer Command engines and hypro pumps, the build is most ss the heat exchangers are good but you can get better ones in other machines, they are simple to maintain but keep an eye in the temperature control, it is simple but some times could be a headche especially if you are goig to do the maintenance yourself

Service? well in this side of the border do not exist any service

Reactions: Rob Foster

Shane C

Sep 11, 2008
Houston, Tx
Real Name
Shane C
I use a Chem-Tex Panther (around 600 hrs) and have had no problems. I am sure there are better machines out there but we are new to the industry so i can not compare. I can say I cleaned a nasty rental house today and it looked like new carpet when we left, we're happy with it.

MC Ingenieria

Dec 30, 2009
Guadalajara México
Real Name
Manuel Cortes
Business Location
United States
The Chem-Tex Panther 20 is a decent machine of course you cant compare its quality with a Prochem or Hydramaster but for an entry level equipment are fine,

Dbonezny

Oct 13, 2009
Houston Tx
www.carpetcleaninghoustonpro.com
Real Name
Jose
Business Location
United States
Stay as far away from Namco as possible. It's cheap for a reason, they use the lowest of equipment and upsale EVERYTHING. You can go to chem-tex and buy a spinner for 399 then go to namco and find he same spinner for 599. Namco is ok if you're going to be one of those characters......well.....I won't go there.

GL and Amtex and Chem-tex are both good.

steven smith

Sep 30, 2008
Fl
Real Name
Steven Smith
Business Location
United States
I have 18 Panther so far so good pretty good heat. Ben is a cool guy but don't have the finance guys like Chemtex cheap rates no money down 5 year terms stainless steal tanks no bypass on the wand same Kohler engine,Roots blower and Hypro pump. SOLD!!!!!!!!

MasterSteamClean

May 18, 2010
Fl
www.mastersteamcleaning.com
Real Name
Erik
Business Location
United States
I work with Steve Smith above as he works for me ,we network. He just purchased a panther 18. Chemtex as kolher,hydra master uses brigs Correct me if wrong kohler better,chemtex is 195-220 all day here in fl ,same blower ,same pump. Are people paying 6-10 thousand more because it is plumbed better. All machines are getting 15 hg . Could some explain why you will 6-10 G's more when this equipment works great at 200 feet. My recoil mod is right there with chem tex 190 water but I have 12 hg at this current time and run 50 feet of less for 3500 with my little giant

ECOPRO

May 11, 2009
None
None.com
Real Name
None
Business Location
United States
Chem-tex and Amtex are almost identical. From my observations and research. Chem-tex says the only difference is that they provide micro filtration to the blower as Amtex does not. It's just strange to me that they are from the same city & state. Offering such similar products. Who's copying who?

deepsteam

Dec 27, 2011
in
Real Name
james jones
Business Location
United States
ChemTex been in buissness 31 years Amtex only 9. Amtex bought his first 3 machines from chem tex and copied alot of things. I like Chem tex its a one stop shop for all your carpet cleaning needs.I were just reading a few post on here about amtex poor customer service.

crane

Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Real Name
steve crane
Business Location
United States
ChemTex been in buissness 31 years Amtex only 9. Amtex bought his first 3 machines from chem tex and copied alot of things. I like Chem tex its a one stop shop for all your carpet cleaning needs.I were just reading a few post on here about amtex poor customer service.
Another quack..

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

crane

Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Real Name
steve crane
Business Location
United States
sic him Rob,,haha. oh by the way, what in the world does my IP say, just always wondered about that, does it actually say afghanistan?

oh yea, gov. computer, so i have no idea what it will say.