Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
While at the trade show I picked this beast up. Tired of my rug shop smelling like sheep and whatever clients get on them. So I wanted something safe that I could run 24 hours a day. I looked around and settled on the Titan Hydroxyl Generator. Why? First off it is cool looking. Every client that walks in asks "what is that"? When I explain it is a machine designed to remove odors from rugs and kill all the germs in them they like that a LOT! What woman wouldn't? ;)

So far after only a couple of days use I have noticed a difference. Now it is too early to tell for sure and I will keep you posted on further results. But so far liking it a lot. Got some real stinky rugs in right now so I am putting it to the full test. I hope they are right about completely safe.Most of us know the dangers of ozone machines that is why I like this choice. Before I go on here are a couple of the points that sold me on this unit;

• 100% Safe
  • Deodorizes
  • Kills germs
  • Lightweight
  • Decontaminates
  • Purifies the air
  • It is also an air mover
  • Lamps last 8000 hours
  • The lamps are self cleaning
  • It is also and air scrubber
  • Uses no chemicals
  • Hospitals use it
  • Certified by NASA
  • Used by some rug shops
  • Customers don't have to leave
  • Crews can work with it while on the job
  • Used &endorsed by every major Restoration franchise
  • Great for urine damaged homes
  • Use for flood & fire damaged homes
  • Nursing homes,daycares,Night clubs,restaurants and more use them

Well that is a few things that sold me on it. Here are a few reasons for you techies from their site;

The 365 - 385 Nanometer UVA Rays that are emitted from Titan's Anatase TiO2 Coated Photocatalytic Lamp react with the Nano Sized Titanium Dioxide Impregnated Super Reactor Screen and also with the TiO2 coating on the interior of the unit, and as a result create electron hole pairs that react with H20 and O2 in the air and produce free electrons and hydroxyl radicals that decompose organic and inorganic gases and air pollutants into carbon dioxide and water. There is no ozone at all produced from our Titan units.

The largest advantage to the Titan Air Purification & Deodorization System is that it is safe to run in inhabited areas.
The market for the Titan is unlimited. Fire and Flood Damage Restoration, Doctor's Waiting Areas, Nursing Homes, Day Care Centers, Restaurants, Night Clubs, Beauty Parlors, Etc... Etc... can all benefit from the odor and germ destroying properties of Titan's TiO2 Photo Catalytic process which will clean the air, remove odors and eliminate poisonous gases and organic pollutants.

Well that about sums it up. Those are the things that sold me on it. I figure worst case scenario Xactomate pays 200.00 a day for restoration loss. Just 7 days and i have recouped my money. But my big hope is that it will deliver in my rug spa. Women love good smells and we all know what ends up on clients rugs. Add to that the smell of wool from sheep that is drying you can see why a shop can get funky fast. I am hoping this machine does the trick. We shall see. Now the problem is finding a place for it in my shop. :)

hyd gen.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
@Rob Allen , isn't that light bad for the eyes to look at? Am I wrong?
Was you staring at the picture? You almost made me go look at it but my eyes are about the only good thing I have left. ;)

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
While at the trade show I picked this beast up. Tired of my rug shop smelling like sheep and whatever clients get on them. So I wanted something safe that I could run 24 hours a day. I looked around and settled on the Titan Hydroxyl Generator. Why? First off it is cool looking. Every client that walks in asks "what is that"? When I explain it is a machine designed to remove odors from rugs and kill all the germs in them they like that a LOT! What woman wouldn't? ;)

So far after only a couple of days use I have noticed a difference. Now it is too early to tell for sure and I will keep you posted on further results. But so far liking it a lot. Got some real stinky rugs in right now so I am putting it to the full test. I hope they are right about completely safe.Most of us know the dangers of ozone machines that is why I like this choice. Before I go on here are a couple of the points that sold me on this unit;

• 100% Safe
  • Deodorizes
  • Kills germs
  • Lightweight
  • Decontaminates
  • Purifies the air
  • It is also an air mover
  • Lamps last 8000 hours
  • The lamps are self cleaning
  • It is also and air scrubber
  • Uses no chemicals
  • Hospitals use it
  • Certified by NASA
  • Used by some rug shops
  • Customers don't have to leave
  • Crews can work with it while on the job
  • Used &endorsed by every major Restoration franchise
  • Great for urine damaged homes
  • Use for flood & fire damaged homes
  • Nursing homes,daycares,Night clubs,restaurants and more use them

Well that is a few things that sold me on it. Here are a few reasons for you techies from their site;

The 365 - 385 Nanometer UVA Rays that are emitted from Titan's Anatase TiO2 Coated Photocatalytic Lamp react with the Nano Sized Titanium Dioxide Impregnated Super Reactor Screen and also with the TiO2 coating on the interior of the unit, and as a result create electron hole pairs that react with H20 and O2 in the air and produce free electrons and hydroxyl radicals that decompose organic and inorganic gases and air pollutants into carbon dioxide and water. There is no ozone at all produced from our Titan units.

The largest advantage to the Titan Air Purification & Deodorization System is that it is safe to run in inhabited areas.
The market for the Titan is unlimited. Fire and Flood Damage Restoration, Doctor's Waiting Areas, Nursing Homes, Day Care Centers, Restaurants, Night Clubs, Beauty Parlors, Etc... Etc... can all benefit from the odor and germ destroying properties of Titan's TiO2 Photo Catalytic process which will clean the air, remove odors and eliminate poisonous gases and organic pollutants.

Well that about sums it up. Those are the things that sold me on it. I figure worst case scenario Xactomate pays 200.00 a day for restoration loss. Just 7 days and i have recouped my money. But my big hope is that it will deliver in my rug spa. Women love good smells and we all know what ends up on clients rugs. Add to that the smell of wool from sheep that is drying you can see why a shop can get funky fast. I am hoping this machine does the trick. We shall see. Now the problem is finding a place for it in my shop. :)

View attachment 36586

How cool would it be to partition off a "receiving room" and keep that bad boy in there with the stinky rugs...only bring them into the main cleaning area when you are about to nuke them...that should keep the smell down even more.

Just a thought.

Reactions: aloha one

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
All odor problems. Takes longer then ozone but much safer
How's your humidity where you live? I see with humidity it works better. I may pick up that humidity booster they sell.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What square footage can that unit handle?

Does it have a fan to circulate? Not needed?

Not as fast as ozone, so how much longer?
Safer. That's cool.
It has a built in air mover fan. I think it's 40k sq ft coverage. Not sure how much longer because I jugs got it.

Reactions: Gasoline

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Dayyuumm, what do you have about 40 rugs in there.

Almost time for new space!
It's crazy Shane. I need triple the space so that's why I try to turn then over fast. Problem is the space pulls so well and the back parking area is huge. It's also has an 8 foot chain link fence. Actually may ask landlord to add on. If not I don't think I can stay another full year at this pace.

Reactions: shane deubell

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
How cool would it be to partition off a "receiving room" and keep that bad boy in there with the stinky rugs...only bring them into the main cleaning area when you are about to nuke them...that should keep the smell down even more.

Just a thought.
Agreed. We are hoping a large office space comes open ( we have TMF and Drynclean offices across parking lot) and we will totally separate it.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Thad's a good question Matt. But it does look cool and it's a great conversation piece with clients.

I think it's something that you need to look into. It looks like it has something similar to my little walmart air purifier that uses this kind of light to clean the air. I remember it telling me in the manual to not directly look at the light in the bottom of my purifier, for it can do some major damage to the eyes. I know it looks cool, but you don't want your customers to come back with any major eye problems for staring at the light for 5 minutes while you're writing the invoice out. Just a thought. It's worth doing some research on.

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
How's your humidity where you live? I see with humidity it works better. I may pick up that humidity booster they sell.

I would think that boosting the humidity in a shop that you were trying to dry rugs would be counter productive. The humidity in the shop is probably already high.

Reactions: rob allen

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
Rob, it is actually 40,000 cubic feet. You are dealing with air so you have to consider the height of the ceiling as well.

Some say it takes hydroxyl 2.5 times longer than ozone.

The bulbs are UV bulbs, not exactly sure which spectrum though. Maybe you shouldn't stare into it while eating your lead paint chips.

Odors tend to be more prevelant in most air, hence the humidity booster

Reactions: rob allen