Cheaper Cimex 10 inch wheels found

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 13, 2010
Real Name
Jamie Pike
Business Location
United States
I just ordered 10 inch wheels with a 1 inch core for total conversion cost less than $75.00. I saved about $125.00 not counting the cost of shipping. For anyone that needs help let me know. I will point you in the right direction. I will say that finding 10 inch wheels with a 1 inch core was tough I spent hours looking online. I do have to say time is easier to come by then the extra money!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Yes I would love to have some for my Cimex. And is it easier to roll up and down a ramp now??

Dec 18, 2010
Oregon
Real Name
Nathan Allen
Business Location
United States
The bigger wheels are much better and the ramps are much easier. You really notice the difference with door jambs.

EncapDrew

Sep 18, 2008
Florida
www.excellent-supply.com
Real Name
Drew Canaday
Business Location
United States
Guys,

The Big Boy Wheel kit is not priced high to make a killing off the customers! It has the price it does because we change out the axle and put a super high quality wheel with a bearing on on the machine! The advantages are, less wear on the machine, no rusty axle, no hubcap to scratch walls and door jams, soft rubber wheels so it pulls over curbs and stair easier, the bearing make it easier to roll up ramps and to the job site, and last but not least it looks cooler too!

I apologize we can't sell them cheaper, trust me if we could we would!

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I just ordered 10 inch wheels with a 1 inch core for total conversion cost less than $75.00. I saved about $125.00 not counting the cost of shipping. For anyone that needs help let me know. I will point you in the right direction. I will say that finding 10 inch wheels with a 1 inch core was tough I spent hours looking online. I do have to say time is easier to come by then the extra money!
Where did you find those wheels?
I just picked up a used Cimex, and would like to put the big ones on.
I've been searching the net, and it's a real pain, then I remembered seeing something here.

FloorCareMD

Apr 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Mike Craig
Business Location
United States

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I bought these and they are great. Bearings make all the difference.
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/m...ton/hamilton-rubber-on-aluminum-10x2-1-roller
They never leave marks and look cool too.
Of course, I replaced the axle with stainless steel like Rick's kit. I would have bought the kit but my Cimex is an older 24" and was not sure if the conversion would fit.

Thanks Michael, I sent Jamie a pm back when he posted this thread, and never heard back from him.
I don't know why a guy would go to the trouble of starting a thread like this, but not post the link/contact info for the company selling the wheels.
Frustrating.

FloorCareMD

Apr 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Mike Craig
Business Location
United States
I see they are now even a little cheaper than when I bought my 4 wheels.
He is right about one thing, I had to look for quite a while before I found these. If you are buying wheels for your cimex, you can't go wrong with these.
He mentions a 1" core, but no bearings. I did find some 10" w/1" that were plastic rimmed and no bearings, sort of something like on golf pull-carts type.

FloorCareMD

Apr 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Mike Craig
Business Location
United States
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/m...ton/hamilton-rubber-on-aluminum-10x2-1-roller

I got the axle at a local metal fabrication shop. Just measure the length you will need. (keep in mind these new wheels may be different width than the factory wheels). I ordered 1.5" longer than the length from outside of wheel to outside of wheel so there is room for the stainless cotter pins to hold the wheels on . see photo above

Stainless 1" rod. They only charged me $10.00 and they cut it too.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Michael thanks for helping us out.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I need a used like new Cimex and Brush Pro 10-15" model if anyone has one for aale