Changing vacuum motors and piping to 2”

CodyDee

Jan 9, 2018
Central Arkansas
Real Name
Cody Davidson
Hey team;
Playing with an old portable turning it in to a vacuum only box.

It had a single vac with 1.5” tubing. Going to order dual Ametek Lamb 122176-18 Vacuum Motor Blower 8.4” from kleenrite... but I don’t understand what I need to order/find/modify to hook 2” PVC to the inlet side of the motors.

I mean; there’s always duct tape and/or glue... but y’all are smarter than that (and me).

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
5 min epoxy in the syringe will glue anything you want to the vac motor. I slowly bend a flange on 2" aluminum tube with 2 cresent wrenches and epoxy them on just as the mixed epoxy starts to firm up a little. I'm sure others have their own way.

Reactions: CodyDee

CodyDee

Jan 9, 2018
Central Arkansas
Real Name
Cody Davidson
5 min epoxy in the syringe will glue anything you want to the vac motor. I slowly bend a flange on 2" aluminum tube with 2 cresent wrenches and epoxy them on just as the mixed epoxy starts to firm up a little. I'm sure others have their own way.
Next step; current setup has a 1.5” caged ball float - I know there’s a 2” version from mytee; is that the best solution?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
This 2" electrical box or similar, as high in the tank as possible will give you the best flow with the lowest water ingress into your motors. Mine are three quarters of an inch from the top of the lid of my machines.
20180805_101416.jpg

Reactions: vibra vacster