Changing Thermo relief valve from 145 to 165 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Changing Thermo relief valve from 145 to 165

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
I have a prochem legend XL. The thermo-relief valve at 145 bypasses to much water and i fill my recovery tank far too quick. I wonder if I could switch to a 165 valve and not damage the seals. Part of the problem is the van is insulated (I'm in Canada) and heat builds up. Also considering putting some heat shielding on or around the water box to get less bypassing unnecessarily.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I have a prochem legend XL. The thermo-relief valve at 145 bypasses to much water and i fill my recovery tank far too quick. I wonder if I could switch to a 165 valve and not damage the seals. Part of the problem is the van is insulated (I'm in Canada) and heat builds up. Also considering putting some heat shielding on or around the water box to get less bypassing unnecessarily.
Should be ok. Just about all pumps can handle 165 degree water although that is generally the hottest you can use without damaging the pump unless you have high temp seals.