Changing Blower belts | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Changing Blower belts

May 28, 2013
Real Name
Aaron Pix
Need to replace my Blower belts on a 370ss. The manual says I need to slide the Blower back but first in order to do this I need to remove the hose that connects waste tank and Blower (refer photo)
I'm new to this but I'm scratching my head as how this is done and there appears no room to slide in back or forth to remove. Any help appreciated

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
Need to replace my Blower belts on a 370ss. The manual says I need to slide the Blower back but first in order to do this I need to remove the hose that connects waste tank and Blower (refer photo)
I'm new to this but I'm scratching my head as how this is done and there appears no room to slide in back or forth to remove. Any help appreciated

Before you start read this.

The 370 blower adjusts up and down for tension. Those 4 bolts also adjust the angle of the blower. The easiest way I have found to ensure you get the blower back in the same exact spot is to DO NOT touch the top nuts. Even mark them or something so you know they are in the same spot.

When you loosen the lower bolts the blower will drop and give you the slack to get the new belts on. then you can tighten them back up to the top nuts.

This really helps ensure you keep the blower aligned with the motor. Alignment is very important.

NOW.... I will also say this. Sapphire has done an excellent job of keeping the belts cooled. That is what that little fan is in the front. It blows cool air into the frame and that goes back to the belt guard and cools the blower belts. So, if you are changing them just to change them because that is what the manual says to do. I would maybe hold off. Inspect your belts, look at them. If they look fine, I'd leave them. I have changed belts on a 370 that had lots of hours and the original belts still looked great.