Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
I have a huge client that the janitorial division of my company takes care of and not too long ago they asked us to clean their cgd - about 10,000 square feet of it. The first attempt a heated porty was used so we didn't have to run 400' of 2" hose from a TM and we didn't have to jam their doors open (they didn't want this) - no real improvement after this.

Attempt #2 was with a TM - more heat - more suction - more cfm - same results - not much. The waste tank was full of solid black water - like oil but it wasn't enough.

Attempt #3???? Do I just run a 175 with a carpet bonnett and do VLM? Do I pre-spray hot with an injection sprayer - use tile master or something really strong - bonnett the carpet - then rinse with the wand? This is crazy - I've never sucked wind on cgd like this in the past. The customer has a huge parking lot surrounding the building which probably brings in tar-asphalt - etc. The biggest issues are the cubicles which have soil-tar-etc grounded into the carpet. I'm concerned about hitting it with the TM again and blasting away forever and ultimately hosing the carpet with too much moisture.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
Have you tried an enzyme? How old is the carpet and what type. If it is olefin, you might try a high Ph prespray. Might want to do some test areas with a solvent based cleaner. Citrasolve or something. Can you get your hands on Cimex?
Just throwing some things out there for you to try. I think some testing is in order. :)

Reactions: rob allen

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Have you tried an enzyme? How old is the carpet and what type. If it is olefin, you might try a high Ph prespray. Might want to do some test areas with a solvent based cleaner. Citrasolve or something. Can you get your hands on Cimex?
Just throwing some things out there for you to try. I think some testing is in order. :)
Straight commercial glue down - tried extreme clean + phire (raises ph) + boost all - haven't tried brutus yet but I'm getting the feeling that it's just not going to be enough with the ol' we 'n jet.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Mix an enzyme and high ph cleaner.

Encap after your hwe.

Try this out.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Grease Eraser by Chemeisters has a high pH. Mix in some citrus solve.

175 to scrub in and wand out with an acid rinse.
Just what I would do. Post some pics to see how bad it is.

Yo

Reactions: Cleaning Concierge

Nuclean Supply

Sep 7, 2012
www.nucleansupply.com
Real Name
Erik J
For a stubborn CGD. I would try mixing an "extra" strong solution of Brutus. Apply hot and heavy, 175 it using a quality red pad for agitation. Dwell for 20 mins, and extract with a wand. You may want to pad encap to pull out the extra moisture, which will reduce any wicking. Brutus works fantastic on degreasing hydrocarbon stains, plus it has a unique oil lifting enzyme as well. If you need more specifics on exact dosing let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleaning Concierge

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
He did the high PH thing with the Tilemaster... TMT it and follow directly up with a 175 and pads? My guess...after that not much you can do except Bomb It!

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
In the rust belt we run into this all the time.

We always scrub with grand slam/citrus asd and then acid rinse. {im sure others are fine}
Put out blowers

If it still doesnt look right then encap it lightly with bonnet pads.

Reactions: Rick J and Artie09

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
I think in most settings encapping is the best way to clean cdg, even over a TM.

The cimex would have knocked the sh!t out of it and would also save you a few hours or more. Read up on encapping and you will wonder why you didn't earlier.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We would climax it with a cimex w/some Encap Pro TS. :)

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Why people people advise enzyme? he said parking lot, so just solvent base pre spray, but enzyme wouldn't be the best option.
Am i missing something here?
Enzymes are not EVEN an OPTION here... Duh...Watcha WANT them to EAT? Those Lil' Buggas hate OIL! Call CHEVRON!

Mikey34

Sep 23, 2011
va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
Cimex or brush pro the shiZzle outta that place!!!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
[quote'="Nuclean Supply, post: 597972, member: 16083"]In our system we use a special enzyme that lifts hydrocarbon oil stains.[/quote]
'Special' Enzyme..? GIVE it Up...What is so SPECIAL bout' it?