CGD carpet - customer doesn't want to use carpet adhesive | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

CGD carpet - customer doesn't want to use carpet adhesive

Tom Stefan

Jun 26, 2012
IL
www.atcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Tomasz Stefan
Business Location
United States
My customer wants to use some of his storage area as a temporary office area for 12-18 months, he asked me to "install" two 12ft by 30ft pieces of cheap cgd, and just roll it out. I did like he asked me to do, cut it nicely along the walls, seamed two pieces together. It looks really good, but it is not secured to the subfloor.
The customer don't want to deal with glue removal after carpet removal, so he can easily change the area to the storage again.
I'm thinking about using double sided carpet tape along perimeters to secure it. Do you think it will help secure the carpet in place. Or just leave it like customer asked.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
My customer wants to use some of his storage area as a temporary office area for 12-18 months, he asked me to "install" two 12ft by 30ft pieces of cheap cgd, and just roll it out. I did like he asked me to do, cut it nicely along the walls, seamed two pieces together. It looks really good, but it is not secured to the subfloor.
The customer don't want to deal with glue removal after carpet removal, so he can easily change the area to the storage again.
I'm thinking about using double sided carpet tape along perimeters to secure it. Do you think it will help secure the carpet in place. Or just leave it like customer asked.
It’s fine to loose lay it if that’s what he wants. Tell him if it’s buckling on him you can come back back and do a perimeter tack down. You can staple down along perimeter if it’s a wood subfloor also.

Reactions: keep it clean

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Use hot glue in the corners. It will come up with the carpet when he decides to pull it out.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I would seam it with seam tape (iron). And loose lay. Less bubbling that way. Plus double stick tape lol is not easy to get back off the floor at times. Ide though use luan stips while making seam. This will keep the concrete from sucking the heat from your tape. Then when seam has cooled, pull carpet up and remove plywood (luan). Lay it out flat. Kick out bubbles toward walls and cut it in. Done.

Reactions: MikeGaure

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
It doesn’t matter. You already did what the customer asked. Loose lays are fine I wouldn’t cut exactly so there’s room for movement, I’m sure the guy will remember to pick up his feet

Reactions: keep it clean

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Ive hammer drilled and installed underpad and anchored the tack strips, sure its more worm but them again more Money$

he could also install tiled carpet

Tom Stefan

Jun 26, 2012
IL
www.atcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Tomasz Stefan
Business Location
United States
Thank you for all the advice, I will just use a double sided tape around the perimeter to secure it before I reinstall the baseboards.