Certified Pile Lifter - worth it? make sense? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Certified Pile Lifter - worth it? make sense?

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Anyone use this? Looks like a beast for prevacuum and agitation all in one shot but looks like you cant do wet agitation I'm sure.

certified pile lifter.jpg

GreenTechAgain

Dec 12, 2009
Holiday, FL
www.GreenTechCarpetCleaning.com
Real Name
Ross Martin
Business Location
United States
I had one and it does a awesome job.

But it is heavy and bulky. That handle on the front is there for a reason.

It very easy to disconnect the power supply from the vacuum and run only the brush.

So I think you should be able to agitate damp presprayed carpet. Not wet.

Reactions: Omar

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
That would be nice specially as I get into VLM. I dont worry so much with the TM and the suction I have there when customers prevac them selves to save money. I see for VLM it is the most important first step and if I can agitate and vacuum at the same time, why not.

I currently use a Kirby and works well and love the auto driven transmission.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
It is a nice machine but for about the same amount of money you will get equal pile lifting ability, agitation on wet surfaces and even in standing water, brushes for natural fiber rugs, brushes for tile & grout and more. Brush Pro - http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=MH200

I very much like the concept of those machines. I'm a bit skeptical of the production rates advertised for them though. Can't hardly believe it's possible to reach even near those levels.
"
Cleaning Capacity Compound Up to 1,500 sq. ft/hr Up to 2,000 sq. ft/hr
Cleaning Capacity Encapsulation Up to 3,000 sq. ft/hr Up to 3,500 sq. ft/hr."

Are these machines really effective at encapping? Can they reach even 1500 sq. ft. per hour on average? I realize some jobs will go a lot faster than others. Just trying to get a handle on the practicality of the machine. I would also be using it as a prescrubbing machine if I bought one and the occasional dry compounding.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
There's no more thorough machine for vacuuming . That said, it's not practical for use every day on the truck.
If I did a lot of vacants, I'd carry mine on the van.
Instead, I keep mine at home because I much prefer it on area rugs.
If you don't do area rugs or a lot of vacants , I probably wouldn't but one unless it was a good price

CrazyRay

Oct 22, 2012
Dallas,Tx.
Real Name
Ray Waits
Business Location
United States
I had a few Certified Pile Lifters that we used on restoration cleaning, new construction clean up, etc. Back in the day it was, hands down, the best, most aggressive pre-vacuum tool available. Two motors, one for the vacuum the other to drive the big single cylindrical brush. It was made to dig up and vacuum out dry soil... and it does an excellent job of that. I would not use it on damp carpet... Note: damp is wet. To maintain performance and longevity, I would not use it for pre-scrubbing even with the vac motor unplugged.
I totally agree with Scott. For a great multi-purpose, VLM/pre-scrub machine the Brush Pro is hard to beat. The Brush Pro takes that old "pile lifter" label to a whole nutha level ...
but then I still think a very thorough, dry soil extraction is a critical first step, even if you are using a CRB.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I love mine. It all depends on your needs. Even if you dont break it out often it can save your a$$.

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
I do between 300 and 600 vacant trashed out rentals a year, would that make this a good machine for me?

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
Is this a serious post? Are you really doing that many vacants? I thought you were an OO
Dude almost my entire year is trashed rental and trashed occupied getting ready to list. I would love to do nice occupied but it doesnt seem to be in the cards for me. I have 6 property management groups I work for the range from 175 to 35 properties The top 3 have 175 150 150 that flip up to 2 times a year.The smaller 3 or 4 have 60 down to 35 that seem to flip at least 2 times a year. One guy has 35 that flip every 3 or 4 months from non payment and are total shite holes. My Royal vacuum is about worn out!

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt and Omar

Red green

Jun 26, 2014
Possum Lodge
Real Name
Red Green
I wouldn't use one for residential due to weight, even commercial they are a bear to use.
Basically they have a very limited usefulness compared to a CRB, but when you need one they do work well.
The only place I use one is for carpets with sand embedded which I have fair amount of calls for.
I also wouldn't dream of paying full price.

That said, I need a second one as Ive finally decided to get a few more trucks up and running for my helpers and on base, so if anyone has a used one they are looking to unload let me know.

ETA, I ve also got trade items if someone needs anything and wants to swap (I'm consolidating and setting the trucks up the same). Ive got a heated EDIC Galaxy, a couple of Steamin Demons, some NIB Comfort Pro backpacks.....

Last edited:

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Dude almost my entire year is trashed rental and trashed occupied getting ready to list. I would love to do nice occupied but it doesnt seem to be in the cards for me. I have 6 property management groups I work for the range from 175 to 35 properties The top 3 have 175 150 150 that flip up to 2 times a year.The smaller 3 or 4 have 60 down to 35 that seem to flip at least 2 times a year. One guy has 35 that flip every 3 or 4 months from non payment and are total shite holes. My Royal vacuum is about worn out!
In that case, I definitely see a ton of value in the pile lifter. Kinda like going from a 410 to a 10 gauge.

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
In that case, I definitely see a ton of value in the pile lifter. Kinda like going from a 410 to a 10 gauge.
I'm thinking seriously about marketing more toward occupied resi and cutting some of the property management loose, most of them drive me insane. But even at 300 a year I think a pile lifter would come in handy