Certification wanted | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Certification wanted

joshua noonan

Nov 9, 2014
Chanute, KS
Real Name
Joshua Noonan
I'm needing to get some certifications but having some trust issues. I have been carpet cleaning for almost a year and desperately wanting to get into fire and water restoration. I need to get my certifications, just not sure about it. When I took my cc tech class through the iicrc I waited months for results, still never received anything in the mail. Ya, not really wanting to give them my money anymore. I know there is a few others but what's going to be best and do insurance companies have any preference. I would really like to do them online and I have seen that iri offers this. Anyone certified through them or have any insight, I know there are about a million different opinions online.

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
The IICRC gives results by email now and they don't send out the cert cards any more. They've changed management companies and locations as well so the new company has been running around like a chicken with their head cut off. They are finally getting their act together I've taken 4 classes this year and plan on taking at least 1 more and I've waited three times as long for each of my test results.

This is one of the growing pains many professionals are experiencing and it is BS but just get your certifications out of the way sooner than later is all I can say. Call them at 775-553-5458 see if they can give you your results over the phone.

Reactions: Scott W

tres

Mar 3, 2015
Real Name
tres davis
I would just take the classes so you have a knowledge base of the subject. But don't pay the extra $ for the test. There really is no point and you likely won't ever get your results. There are some great instructors that teach the classes and that is worth it though. Your real education will come with actual hands on experience. Find someone around you and offer to be free labor on a couple jobs so you can get some experience.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
If you are going to do work for insurance companies , you'll probably want to get the water and fire certs along with ASD. Yes you can get some work without them but if they ever ask and you don't have them; you'll be out.
It took them about 30 days to get me my certificates.

chubby

Apr 26, 2013
I'm needing to get some certifications but having some trust issues. I have been carpet cleaning for almost a year and desperately wanting to get into fire and water restoration. I need to get my certifications, just not sure about it. When I took my cc tech class through the iicrc I waited months for results, still never received anything in the mail. Ya, not really wanting to give them my money anymore. I know there is a few others but what's going to be best and do insurance companies have any preference. I would really like to do them online and I have seen that iri offers this. Anyone certified through them or have any insight, I know there are about a million different opinions online.
JUST DO IT !

joshua noonan

Nov 9, 2014
Chanute, KS
Real Name
Joshua Noonan
Not from IN, live in Ks. They have iicrc classes around, however after checking online I found you can get fire and water restoration along with mold remediation through online courses with the iri. Thinking I'm going to give those a try. Less expense with them being online.

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
Iicrc has gave me a run around for 8 months on my updated card. I am not a supporter of thier certification anymore. But there are few options.
But best options to me is class time. Online is not good personal training.

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
I took a class in March and still have not received anything from that class. I took another class in August and received my results from the second class in September.

The certificate that arrived from the second class did note that I was certified in the class I took in March.

I have no idea of my score and it is a crappy way to run a business but my and I'm sure your score has been recorded. It would be nice to know what your iicrc # is though.

Jennifer Petersen

Oct 22, 2015
Real Name
Jennifer Petersen
I took a class in March and still have not received anything from that class. I took another class in August and received my results from the second class in September.

The certificate that arrived from the second class did note that I was certified in the class I took in March.

I have no idea of my score and it is a crappy way to run a business but my and I'm sure your score has been recorded. It would be nice to know what your iicrc # is though.
Hey, if you email communications@iicrc.org I can look into it for you...

Reactions: Scott W and envy

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.
Wow! all this talk is repelling me from taking any IICRC courses. any thoughts on Rob Allens up and coming courses?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
I dont know? I just heard that they were going to start an online training and certification training program?
Launching first week of February.

Giving away some cool things and some individual courses for marketing can be around 300-600, TMF bundle course which is an anti-franchise can be around 3k and the first ppl who sign up gets a free CRB.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I feel obligated to throw out some updated information here.

Yes, the IICRC has had a very bad reputation for results and certs being delivered in a timely fashion. Yes, they've been terribly hard to reach. And they admit it, publicly and unreservedly.

They've made some HUGE changes in the last few months, and so far every class I've hosted has gotten their results back within a week or two, sometimes less. IICRC have moved to an in-house grading staff and the results have been much faster. They're also much easier to get in touch with now.

Just this week I had one of my ladies order some re-tests for her staff. I had them in my hands within 72 hours. I've never seen such quick responses from IICRC before, and so far they are being consistent on their fast turnaround.

For those who have been burned before, all I'm asking is please give them another chance. We have done so here, and have been very well rewarded for our patience. Every one of my students has reported getting their results back quickly and efficiently.

Reactions: Wec