CDS loses water to solution line

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
Today when I went to prime it there was no solution going through the meter and my solution line will run out of water / pressure . It comes back but still not taking in a solution from the tank .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TMF Forums mobile app

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
Have you checked all your filters?

Sent from my Z796C using TMF Forums mobile app

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Today when I went to prime it there was no solution going through the meter and my solution line will run out of water / pressure . It comes back but still not taking in a solution from the tank .

Best I can figure it sounds like you may have a pump issue. First thing I would make sure nothing is obstructing water flow into the machine such as a clogged filter. Also, I would check any dump solenoids as well as the thermal valve. If either are bad they can cause the water supply to bottom out because they will dump a lot of your water into the waste tank, particularly the thermal valve. The chemical pump works off the pressure from the machine's water pump so it sounds like either there's something wrong with the pump itself or something causing an interruption in the water supply to the pump.

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
if you are talking about chem pump flow.. the first thing to always check is the diaphragm, then the check valves, then make sure the white disk still has the cross in it and it hasn't worn down.. the next thing, and this just happened on my CDs, is the last step check valve.. it is a 3/8 inch brass check valve that's screwed in just before the high pressure manifold where the solution outlets are behind the panel... if this breaks inside, you will not show flow on your flow meter..
The way this was explained to me was that you can not inject 500 psi in to 500 psi, the check valve drops the pressure by 80 psi so the chemical is 80 psi above and it will flow In to the outlet ... I replaced this myself.. it takes 15 minutes and my local dealer want like $100 labor or more for It..
just take the two solution qds of the face panel, then pull the whole assembly out the back.. ( remove the pass seat) Then it's super easy to remove.. if you don't do this, it will be much harder..part cost about $120

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums mobile app

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
Can I still use the tm . Will cause any harm?

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
If your pump is starving for water don't continue to run it. What have you checked so far?

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
Is it just the chem feed that's giving you problems or are you losing pressure at the wand?

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
I think I got it narrowed down to a ckeck valve at the chem pump. What happens is after the box drains It will trip the low water switch then there's no pressure . After a bit it will fill the box up and there's pressure again . But it doesn't suck up any solution from the container and when you purge it nothing happens as far as anything running through the cem gauge. Checked all filters to make sure they are not plugged. I'm very new to this and its the first problem I have had . Before I drive 8hrs round trip the to have it ckecked out I want to make sure its not something I can fix .

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure , but it sounds like you have two problems.. your chem system should not have anything to do with your water bob running low.. that sounds like a restriction in your incoming water somewhere.. you have to be careful before hooking up to faucets as sometimes lizards and frogs get in there and when they get to a restriction like a quick connect supply to your machine they get stuck there

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
the chem flow is a separate issue.. make sure the vacuum assist prime is not disconnected.. from there, diaphragm, check valves, last step check valve, and possibly even the three way selector valve, though unlikely

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
I used to be a tech for Johnson and Johnson, so luckily I'm mechanically inclined and I've figured a lot of this out on my own, but it would sure be nice if hydramaster would actually allow us to buy a damn service manual... I mean you can buy them for cars..., but your not allowed to have access to step by step manuals that your supplier gets... why the hell not? any hydramaster eyes on this forum?????
I mean it's not going to hurt the shops...just like vehicles, most guys aren't gonna have the skills , and/ or the time, but those of us who do, give us the damn manual for our $30,000 machines please!!

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
I'd gladly pay for it by the way

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
I would love one as well . Don't get wrong the blown up diagrams are nice in the manual . Im mechanically inclined to not so much by choice but grow up on a farm. I guess if I have to drive down there it wouldn't be the worst thing seeing how I'm new . I knew I would have at some point . I just hate over paying for stuff I can fix .

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
I used to be a tech for Johnson and Johnson, so luckily I'm mechanically inclined and I've figured a lot of this out on my own, but it would sure be nice if hydramaster would actually allow us to buy a damn service manual... I mean you can buy them for cars..., but your not allowed to have access to step by step manuals that your supplier gets... why the hell not? any hydramaster eyes on this forum?????
I mean it's not going to hurt the shops...just like vehicles, most guys aren't gonna have the skills , and/ or the time, but those of us who do, give us the damn manual for our $30,000 machines please!!

I am a supplier, we do not have any other manuals than what they give with the machine or what they offer online. I know people think we have a secret manual that fixes everything...... just not true. The mfg's do not care who works on their equipment. If you have some technical questions you can call the mfg, they are very good about helping you out.

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
wow, would have thought they'd give you guys some technical manuals.. that's sucks.. It's hard to learn everything as you go, even if you are mechanically inclined... Some of the systems are pretty complex.. I went through this at Johnson and Johnson as well... The mfg equipment on the production lines was all made by a company in Japan.. They sent us service manuals in Japanese!
It was a lot of fun figuring out all of that complex equipment with no reference materials..

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
The guy I bought it from was on vacation on he came back yesterday stopped over this morning. Took him about 2 sec to fix it . He turned it on with the prime on put his hand over the vacuum line to put a load on it and now it works fine . He said I lost my prime .

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
Yes, if your chem jug has one hose going into it, it uses vac pressure to prime the pump

poof142

Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Real Name
Brian Pophal
Business Location
United States
Well I know what to do if it happens again and I learned whole lot about my set up after going through all the filters and and chem pump . In a way it was a good thing .

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Jason
The guy I bought it from was on vacation on he came back yesterday stopped over this morning. Took him about 2 sec to fix it . He turned it on with the prime on put his hand over the vacuum line to put a load on it and now it works fine . He said I lost my prime .

Hi. I just bought a CDS and am having the same issue. Can not get it to prime. Could you please explain what he did to reset yours?

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
You will need to rebuild your chemical pump. It is a simple task. Replace the diaphragm and 2 check valves in the chem pump.

Top Bottom