CDS 4.8 heat question | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

CDS 4.8 heat question

abc_was_here

Sep 24, 2020
Real Name
Andrew Curtis
So I purchased a 2002 Chevy Express 3500 with a CDS 4.8 overdrive with salsa in it. However on the 3 hour drive home I noticed the van ran pretty cold around 180 degrees, which if I had to guess that would play a negative roll on the heat the heat exchangers will make. I planned on putting a factory 195 thermostat in it but was curious if anyone has ran a 205 thermostat and if it would actually help the machine produce more heat or consistent heat.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I have a 4.6 (2002/no salsa) and the van runs cold as well runs hotter when the machine is on. My 2018 4.8 w/salsa runs at about 200 or so. You should benefit by adding a 205 thermostat.

Reactions: abc_was_here

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I have a 4.6 (2002/no salsa) and the van runs cold as well runs hotter when the machine is on. My 2018 4.8 w/salsa runs at about 200 or so. You should benefit by adding a 205 thermostat.

Actually my 2018 runs at or about 210.

Reactions: abc_was_here

RicksFamilyCarpet

Sep 28, 2015
Real Name
Steven Boyd
Just bought a used 2916 Chevy with cds. Only getting around 160-170° at wand. Noticed on freeway, 65 mph, only running about 210°

Any aftermarket exchangers, or suggestions? I like the simplicity of the machine, but used to steamway heat with 200+ @wand

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I have a 2015 4.8 i intentionally ordered it without salsa, i run out of the machine into a free standing eurotec burner i built, coming out of the machine it prob 120 or so wich "preheats" the water going into the burner so it sips diesel. Coming out of the burner it's whatever i want it to be. 1200psi at 280 is amazing on tile lol. To me heat is a cds machines Achilles heal.

RicksFamilyCarpet

Sep 28, 2015
Real Name
Steven Boyd
I love the space I have in the van, hate the Chevy, hate the lack of heat. Was too good Deal to pass up since I was having trouble getting van I wanted (transit) at reasonable used price I was going to put a relia-built in.

Now instead of keeping the steamway as back up, thinking of making this one back up and diving into the one I actually wanted.

SRD, Interested how you set up the cds, but I was looking forward to getting away from the kerosene ... But really miss the heat and I've only done 3 jobs on this set up

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I love the space I have in the van, hate the Chevy, hate the lack of heat. Was too good Deal to pass up since I was having trouble getting van I wanted (transit) at reasonable used price I was going to put a relia-built in.

Now instead of keeping the steamway as back up, thinking of making this one back up and diving into the one I actually wanted.

SRD, Interested how you set up the cds, but I was looking forward to getting away from the kerosene ... But really miss the heat and I've only done 3 jobs on this set up
What i love about the eurotecs is they only take up about a foot of floor space very compact and packs a punch