Featured Cat Pumps New 1XP Portable Extractor Pump for Carpet Cleaning Equipment

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Reactions: admin

Cat Pumps

Oct 16, 2012
Minneapolis
www.catpumps.com
Real Name
Chris Schuelke
Business Location
United States
Jeff
Cat pumps directly. Number from website.
Honestly I was told similar t0 Pumptec . Told my nearest distributor was in the Detroit Mi. area. Was ready to try something other than the reliable Pumptec which I ended up ordering.
Only relaying information I received.
Thanks for the concern.
Jim

Jim,
Thanks for the note. Our testing shows the amp draw will be roughly the same as competitor pumps. It depends on the flow and pressure the pump pis operating at. For example, the 1XP075.031 (.75gpm, 1/3 HP motor) will run 3.3 amps at 500 psi and 2.9 amps at 400 psi. It comes down to the power required to run a specific performance point.

The concern is putting out a gernal amp draw and not comparing apples to apples with where the system is setup today. We have worked on some graphs to match up amp draw with specific flow and pressure points. Any thoughts on how best to lay out the information?
Jeff

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
If the rating of the regulator is lower then 800 psi would it could it do any damage?

all you need is a 500 psi regulator. The Cat pump will produce 800 psi (like a puptec) if you put a 3/4 hp motor to it but the flow is less (like the pumptec). Mytee is using only the 1/2hp , 500 psi pump at this time. We are looking forward to them releasing their new 1200 psi pump they said they are developing. From what I was told that may be a while.

Reactions: Frank DiGi

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Do you have any plans to use this pump in a separate unit? Can it upgrade the 220 PSI pump, or does the greater size preclude that?

It's too big for the Water Box. We use the Cat in the 1005 and 1003 Speedster units. When the 1200 psi comes out we will likely build a machine around that pump.

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
It definitely appears to be a very nice pump setup. I like the many different psi and flow
combinations. It seems that 500 psi with good flow is the way to go for those who plan on
using their equipment for carpet cleaning. I believe he said you could run one model at 500 psi
at 2.9 amps but the flow is only .75 gpm using a 1/3 HP motor. I would opt for the 1/2HP with more
flow even if it took 2 or 3 more amps. I wouldn't mind changing my pump setup to a Cat 500 psi pump when I put more hours on the Pumtec that I have .

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
It definitely appears to be a very nice pump setup. I like the many different psi and flow
combinations. It seems that 500 psi with good flow is the way to go for those who plan on
using their equipment for carpet cleaning. I believe he said you could run one model at 500 psi
at 2.9 amps but the flow is only .75 gpm using a 1/3 HP motor. I would opt for the 1/2HP with more
flow even if it took 2 or 3 more amps. I wouldn't mind changing my pump setup to a Cat 500 psi pump when I put more hours on the Pumtec that I have .
Hi Jan
I called Cat pumps with the same thought as you ! Jeff or john can correct me if I am wrong " You must use their motor with their pump. " Dayton, Marathon etc. are not interchangeable with the Cat pump.
Very nice pump . @ $200 more than the Pumptec/Marathon combo but I still would have ordered one instead of the Pumptec I ordered .... if they knew the amperage when inquiring.
You know me well Jan and I love to experiment LOL.
Jim

Reactions: Jan Sullins

Cat Pumps

Oct 16, 2012
Minneapolis
www.catpumps.com
Real Name
Chris Schuelke
Business Location
United States
Hey Jim,
That is correct, our motor was designed specifically for our pump and is not interchangable with some of the other motors on the market. There are a number of reasons for this. The motor has a number of things the standard motors don't. We designed a stronger shaft then a standard motor so the pump would last longer. Used a keyed verses the competition which is threaded. This allows the motor to run in either direction. We also designed into the motor housing a paths for water to escape without damaging the motor, so just in case someone doesn't do any service on the product over a number of years and the low pressure seal finally goes that any weapage will not go back into the motor itself. We could have tried going with a standard motor but we would have sacrificed on quality and durability.
Hope that answers the question.
Jeff

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
Jeff is it difficult for instance if one has a Pumptec pump with a 1/2 HP motor to just change
it out and install the new Cat Pump with new motor? I have 2 Cross-American extractors and
was thinking of upgrading to one with one of your new pumps . As John Labarbera has pointed out the Pumptec pumps such as the 205 model while being a good pump do have a lot of vibration.
And perhaps which one would work best for carpet cleaning? I normally never go above 350 psi but I do want good flow. That too me is one of the more important aspects in what makes a better pump for my purposes . For instance if I am using my wand with 2 9502 Tee Jets I want it to be
able to maintain at least 350 psi easily . I can't imagine using a pump with 500 psi and only .75 gpms. Jim Morrow does have a good point about knowing what to expect as far as how many amps we will use under normal carpet cleaning conditions for example. Is their information
available on the Cat website for that?
Also again I would to express that I am happy that we have more choices now as far as pumps for our high performance portables or ETMs or Hybrid ETMs. When I had a successful carpet cleaning services I used mainly truckmounts and most of them had Cat pumps. In all the thousands of hours I can't recall anything going wrong with the pumps themselves. So this is
good thing for the carpet cleaning industry.
Jan

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Hey Jim,
That is correct, our motor was designed specifically for our pump and is not interchangable with some of the other motors on the market. There are a number of reasons for this. The motor has a number of things the standard motors don't. We designed a stronger shaft then a standard motor so the pump would last longer. Used a keyed verses the competition which is threaded. This allows the motor to run in either direction. We also designed into the motor housing a paths for water to escape without damaging the motor, so just in case someone doesn't do any service on the product over a number of years and the low pressure seal finally goes that any weapage will not go back into the motor itself. We could have tried going with a standard motor but we would have sacrificed on quality and durability.
Hope that answers the question.
Jeff
Hi Jeff
Very nicely engineered and I agree Quality,Durability and Reliability should be #1.
Jim