Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
I'm trying to find out if there is a class or school somewhere that does carpet installation. We're based out of Oregon and have lost out on several large apartment complexes because they want a vendor that can replace carpeting if needed and not have to hire several companies. Done the repair course at JonDon, but looking for in depth training on install. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Its actually easier mentally to install fresh carpet vs restretch old. But more labor intensive.
I dont know of any classes that teach it. And with this shutdown it will definitely make your search harder.

What i would suggest. Get an account with a carpet wholesaler in your area. Sell the carpet sell the install. Hire subs to do the dirty work. All youll need to learn there is pricing and estimating. Save your back and knees. But if you are dead set on installing. Then you will have to hook up with an independent installer and be his laborer. Thats where youll learn. And they can always use an extra set of hands.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke