Carpet Gurus Help - | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Carpet Gurus Help -

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
So had a call from a builder that has completed a refit in a hospital wing. They used stick down protection in the middle of the carpet hallways. After removing the film there must be residue as you can see the dirty strip where the film was

I nailed it with my TM and some high alk - viper venom/biobreak mix + sod perc. Came up great,
All the Nurses walking last were stunned how nice it came up
However now after some traffic looks like dark residue traffic lane is returning

Will scrubbing with a blue/green/black pad help
Do I need some sort of solvent...d’lemonine maybe
IMG_6435.JPG

Do you guys think I should go and pad cap it-shower feed encap, blue/green pad etc
Any ideas
Thanks in Advance

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Need some solvent remover in the pro grade chemical to dissolve the left over adhesive

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
agree. also depends on how long it was down. But it may need a couple cleanings to get it all out.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Tried to find out what protection film was used
Builders are useless haha
Rang local builders supply shop that sells that crap.
They advised problem is carpet wasn’t cleaned before film applied, there’s warnings labels, and it’s written in instructions.
Builders obviously don’t need instructions on how to put floor cover down hahaha
Sounded like supply shop was covering their ass
But they said if carpet was cleaned it doesn’t happen....
I would have thought it would come off dirty carpet easier, that residue would stick better to clean carpet....anyway told them no one is blaming them, just looking for info to solve problem, surely this has come up before?
They put me onto a cleaner who has had success with removing it
He advised he uses normal prespray, and scrub with red pad - bingo.
So will probably juice up my Hydroforce with some rubbing alcohol...scrub the crap out of it with blue pad be done with it

I normally scrub EVERYTHING, but the hallway was open to traffic, I tested a small section first and it came up beautiful. Was too awkward to juggle hoses and 175 and dodge people with walkers etc

I’ll keep you all posted.
Cheers for the replies

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
My thinking is dirt would have protected the carpet. And film would not remain on fibers after cleaning. Kind of like dripping paint on a dusty floor. It just sweeps up lol. I know there are 2 types of films for floors one for hard surface one for carpet. Almost everytime i see this same problem. Last job I offered to give it a cleaning after 2 others had failed. (I was going to use 175 and red pad) but they said no rip it out contractor is paying for it.

most guys have wised up and just use Ram board or heavy paper used under hardwood to protect floors.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
My thinking is dirt would have protected the carpet. And film would not remain on fibers after cleaning. Kind of like dripping paint on a dusty floor. It just sweeps up lol. I know there are 2 types of films for floors one for hard surface one for carpet. Almost everytime i see this same problem. Last job I offered to give it a cleaning after 2 others had failed. (I was going to use 175 and red pad) but they said no rip it out contractor is paying for it.

most guys have wised up and just use Ram board or heavy paper used under hardwood to protect floors.

I agree!!
Don’t know why they only protect a “runway” and not the whole floor? The problem isn’t the dirt it’s the dividing line lol
Builder said we should have masked the whole floor
I said or dont mask and pay me to clean it better than it’s been cleaned in 10 years. He knew I was right. Guarantee no one with a TM has managed to get hoses in there EVER lol
Best part is they will pay me twice
I love blue pads @jtsunbrite would probably say use black. Had a nightmare cgd job with dodgy painters, left paint everywhere. Remembering a lesson from Jeff’s School of Nuclear Carpet Cleaning threw a Black pad on my 13in 175 worked a treat lol

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
T
I agree!!
Don’t know why they only protect a “runway” and not the whole floor? The problem isn’t the dirt it’s the dividing line lol
Builder said we should have masked the whole floor
I said or dont mask and pay me to clean it better than it’s been cleaned in 10 years. He knew I was right. Guarantee no one with a TM has managed to get hoses in there EVER lol
Best part is they will pay me twice
I love blue pads @jtsunbrite would probably say use black. Had a nightmare cgd job with dodgy painters, left paint everywhere. Remembering a lesson from Jeff’s School of Nuclear Carpet Cleaning threw a Black pad on my 13in 175 worked a treat lol
hey do it because its almost impossible to keep people out of work areas. And the plastic is less of a trip hazard then tarps. I agree had he went wall to wall with it at least it would look even lol. It seams like only some of the films cause this. I think it may also be how long they are left down too? Who knows. Just like flushable azz wipes the films should be banned along with them.