Carpet cleaning vs lawn care

Anolog139

Nov 7, 2012
Linden Michigan
Real Name
Matthew Smith
Business Location
United States
Everyone in MI hunts. Heck, the big three close down during the two week gun season.

I currently do both. I can tell you I like the money in carpet cleaning much more and it is more rewarding. Their is some cash flow in lawn. I have done the math 20 ways from sunday. If you want to make a decent living mowing it won't happen unless you have large residentals or commercial accounts with multiple crews. The only reason I do it is to prevent my customers from calling anyone else(property managers)I do bill out my mower for $50-$60 and hour when it is running. Handhelds get .50 a minute when running. I am still toying with the idea of dropping lawn care because it sucks and everyone is a whore. I do not have alot of accounts because I refuse to lose money. I do more neglected mows. I lived by close to where you are at. You do not have the "money" in that area if I remember right to pay a premium for your services. I was looking at moving back to the area and move our business. I just couldn't make the #'s work. If you get a great deal on the equipment and have some one tp run the equipment then it will be constant cash flow. If you plan on doing it, I wouldn't. Just my .02
About 15 mins south of me there is tons of wealth. I'm doin my best to start gaining business down there for carpet and window cleaning. Where are you located? Or where were you located?

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
Good point. The commuters. Flushing and Flint

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
Yea I was thinking lennon for some reason.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
DANG Matt! You should've brought up your problem with not being convinced about your services long ago. We would've loved to help you. I'm sure there's someone out there in your area who would love to take you on a ride with them, and they'd probably pay you as an employee also.
1. Tell us every piece of equipment you use to clean carpet
2. Tell us the exact chemicals and spotters that you use to treat the carpet
3. Tell us your process
4. Tell us what makes you insecure about cleaning carpet
5. Drop the lawn mowing idea

We'll break each section down with our experience of using your specific tools, chemicals, and process to help you be Secure about running a carpet cleaning business, so you will start your van/truck the next day with confidence and will make some good money.

Reactions: Hoss4x4

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
P.S.

Start another thread on this subject titled, "I need more confidence to help me be a successful carpet cleaner" or something like that

Reactions: Hoss4x4

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
P.S.

Start another thread on this subject titled, "I need more confidence to help me be a successful carpet cleaner" or something like that
It would be a great thread. I am getting more confident by each job but am still going through what you are. It would help you and many others!

deriols

Aug 8, 2019
Real Name
mikkes
A business process should be understood as a set of certain actions (steps, stages, functions) that are carried out in a certain order to achieve the ultimate goals of the company. By automating through the lawn care scheduling app managemart and standardizing these actions, you can establish effective communication with customers and ensure continuous dialogue among the company departments. And, as a result, keep customers and increase the profits of your business.

jack zerkie

Jun 27, 2008
cape coral florida
Business Location
United States
Here in way south Fl. this time of year as soon as you cut it you have to do it again between the rain if you can . Not a fun summer gig.