Carpet Cleaning Safety (video) could save your life | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Carpet Cleaning Safety (video) could save your life

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Many talk about safety but don't implement it. Others just are unaware of the dangers associated with carpet cleaning. Over the last year there have been several carpet cleaners die from carbon monoxide poisoning. 100's more are poisoned each year and don't even know it. Many suffer from chronic fatigue,ringing in ears,dizziness,nausea and other flu like symptoms. many are not aware and just lose consciousness.* (See more below the video)

So we must all be cognizant about safety. Other areas are slip & fall,vacuum and solution lines,machine and truck safety especially tires,driving while texting,using phone and GPS. There are many other areas of concern but this more than covers the basic. The industry has needed a safety video for a long time. Hope this helps others avoid injuries,lawsuits and even death. Remember,safety could save your life. Pass this video on to any cleaner,distributor,industry school,manufacturer or supplier. Safety is that important. It could save their life and yours.

Enjoy!

Rob Allen

PS:My wife did a little cameo in the beginning. Be nice. :)

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Symptoms
Because carbon monoxide is odourless and colourless it is not always evident when it has become a problem is the home. Often people who have a mild to moderate problem will find they feel sick while they spend time at home. They might feel a little better outside in the fresh air but will have re-occurring symptoms shortly after returning home. If other members of the family have re-occurring bouts with flu-like symptoms while fuel-burning appliances are being used it may be time to have the house checked by a professional.

emergency.jpg
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Besides having a professional come into your home to check your appliances a carbon monoxide detector can be used to keep a constant watch over the levels of carbon monoxide in the home throughout the year.

Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Low levels of carbon monoxide poisoning can be confused with flu symptoms, food poisoning or other illnesses and carry a long-term health risk if left unattended. Some of the symptoms are:

• Shortness of breath
  • Mild nausea
  • Mild headaches
Moderate levels of CO exposure can cause death if the following symptoms persist for a long measure of time.

• Headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Light headedness
High levels of CO can be fatal causing death within minutes.

Treatment Options
There are immediate measures you can take to help those suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Get the victim into fresh air immediately.
  • If you can not get the people out of the house, open all windows and doors immediately. Any combustion appliances should be turned off.
  • Take those who were subjected to carbon monoxide to a hospital emergency room as quickly as possible. A simple blood test will be able to determine if carbon monoxide poisoning has occurred.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Good video. Because of the CM deaths I am now directing my big fan toward my TM on jobs to blow the exhaust away from the entry of the house. You can't be too careful.

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
Well your right that style vid was overdue and I thought it was great cant think of anything that was missed.

Thanks Rob

Reactions: admin and rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: admin

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Excellent video as always and it reminded me to get fire extinguishers. I found only one major tip that was missing; using non-slip shoes. For transitions? Hell, no. Rather, for those pinnacle moments in our careers when we become severely frustrated with our equipment and will settle for nothing less than flinging it into a pond. Without proper traction on the fling, the flingee could inadvertently end up in the pond with his equipment. Hell, those Recoils should have included knobby treaded shoes back in the day.

Reactions: rob allen

swisspro

Feb 11, 2010
Mesa County
Real Name
Marco Weber
Business Location
United States
It is worth it !
Customers see that you care about your and there lives and property that builds trust, peace of mind, and justifies your price over other cleaner who cut corners .....
Great Video

Reactions: rob allen and admin

TConway

Premium VIP
Oct 28, 2009
Redding,Ca.
www.simplycleancarpetredding.com
Real Name
Thomas Conway
Business Location
United States
This is a great video, we all assume it is just common sense, but saying good morning, I love you to your wife is also and we all forget from time to time right.
It is really just the opposite! Life the stress of making the almighty dollar many times pushes these things far from our minds until something bad happens.
Rob always does a great job on videos and I read at other places people poking and making fun of him, but the truth is he is doing it for all of us here at TMF and other places just kinda shows that he cares, no kissing butt just stating a fact.
A lot of newbs may never give it a thought about putting a van in a garage but it is DEADLY to be honest when I first started I can almost guarantee I broke this rule and I was very fortunate to not have had something go very wrong.

Reactions: rob allen and admin

Jose Rodriguez

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Jose Rodriguez
This is such a great video, perfect for some one just starting in this business, I wish this video was made 3 years ago because I had make a few mistakes and learn from it. Great video Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
I read at other places people poking and making fun of him, but the truth is he is doing it for all of us here at TMF and other places just kinda shows that he cares, no kissing butt just stating a fact.

Losers are jealous and they like to target successful people like Rob. The fact is, he makes better videos than any of us could. I'm just waiting and hoping that one of those Hollywood weirdos picks up on his talent and gives him his own "Tonight Show". I'll be the first guest to get the ball rolling and amidst the politically incorrect mayhem that I create, the rest of you derelicts can plow right in and partake in a gala TMF takeover. We don't even have to discuss Frank Digi's duty in all this. Lets call it "stability control" for now and get creative once the bodies start being cartwheeled out of windows.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Rob does not Disapoint with these videos. While I am certainly no industry guru I have seen a few supposed starter videos through my 2 visits with iicrc and just by chance over the years... These videos always felt very brief and vague... Rob has literally gone 10 steps above and beyond anything any body has ever filmed for this industry. I think his efforts with these videos are no small feat and look forward to every new one... Thanks for being ahead of the game Rob.

Reactions: rob allen