Business Location
United States

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
It was so wet my hydrosensor couldn't even detect moisture =)

The funny thing is they SWEAR it is wet, I wonder if it is psychological? Even with the hydrosensor there is no reading. I have noticed sometimes a carpet feels "cooler" to the touch after being thoroughly cleaned. Wonder why that is exactly.

Reactions: Prestigecarpetclean

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
It was so wet my hydrosensor couldn't even detect moisture =)

The funny thing is they SWEAR it is wet, I wonder if it is psychological? Even with the hydrosensor there is no reading. I have noticed sometimes a carpet feels "cooler" to the touch after being thoroughly cleaned. Wonder why that is exactly.
I've noticed that too. I think it actually feels just as cool as before but since people are looking for signs of a wet carpet they notice the coolness more and associate it with moisture. Get a paper towel place it on the carpet and press down really hard. If there is significant moisture in the carpet that towel will be damp. Good visual way to show if it's dry.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Rumor:Carpets resoil faster after cleaning.
Ive had this said to me over the years and its kinda true if you add one word - appears. so if you say *Carpet appears to resoil faster after cleaning*, THAT is true.

Think about it. Take two new identical white carpet samples. Add 12 ounces of dirt to each. Clean one. Add another 12 ounces of dirt to each. Which APPEARED to resoil faster after cleaning. Obviously if you have a clean, white carpet and add dirt to it it appears to get dirty faster than a carpet that already has 12 ounces of dirt in it.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
rumor:
YOU CAN ONLY GET 200 CFM THROUGH A WAND??????

this doesnt hold up in the field...for what ever reason??????...
as I have increased my CFM every few years and it greatly increases the dry time....

i now clean with 2 time the water flow and still get half of the dry time I used to get......

if this were true everyone would have a portable....

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I have to agree with you. I always thought if I increased my PSI that I would get longer dry times. All I get with higher PSI is hotter water (gets through the lines faster)

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
rumor:
YOU CAN ONLY GET 200 CFM THROUGH A WAND??????

this doesnt hold up in the field...for what ever reason??????...
as I have increased my CFM every few years and it greatly increases the dry time....

i now clean with 2 time the water flow and still get half of the dry time I used to get......

if this were true everyone would have a portable....
CFM isn’t what pulls water out of carpet, lift is. That being said with more CFM max lift is achieved faster when you first put your wand on the floor.

I think cleaning technique has more to do with good dry times than CFM does. If you lift the wand up off the carpet between each stroke then yes, you absolutely need more CFM. If you keep the wand on the carpet as you work your way across the room and back then max lift is maintained even with less CFM and your carpet will dry just as fast or faster than if you were to lift the wand after each stroke using higher CFM.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
CFM isn’t what pulls water out of carpet, lift is. That being said with more CFM max lift is achieved faster when you first put your wand on the floor.

I think cleaning technique has more to do with good dry times than CFM does. If you lift the wand up off the carpet between each stroke then yes, you absolutely need more CFM. If you keep the wand on the carpet as you work your way across the room and back then max lift is maintained even with less CFM and your carpet will dry just as fast or faster than if you were to lift the wand after each stroke using higher CFM.
Thank you Todd! Lift needs to work for one inch into the wand, then CFM can do it's thing. TM's don't get quoted CFM to the wand, not even close actually. Retaining high lift from the driveway with no leaks is vastly more important than total CFM. A huge blower has to relieve itself somewhere and 2" hose is not going to maintain 400 CFM for any appreciable distance. I've tried it doesn't happen. What actually works is retaining high lift through the system, higher lift loses less CFM over distance in my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Thank you Todd! Lift needs to work for one inch into the wand, then CFM can do it's thing. TM's don't get quoted CFM to the wand, not even close actually. Retaining high lift from the driveway with no leaks is vastly more important than total CFM. A huge blower has to relieve itself somewhere and 2" hose is not going to maintain 400 CFM for any appreciable distance. I've tried it doesn't happen. What actually works is retaining high lift through the system, higher lift loses less CFM over distance in my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
I agree 100%. As long as there is enough CFM to keep the hose clear of water that’s all you really need. I have done jobs with other cleaners in my area and I can tell you dry times were similar between my truckmount with a 33 blower and the other big 870 truckmount. One truckmount has massively more CFM over the other but the lift on both machines is similar, we are running within 2” Hg’s lift of each other.

WESTEX CLEANING

Sep 2, 2019
Real Name
Michael Olson
While carpet cleaning isn’t rocket science,There are many carpet cleaners but superior names aren’t simple to discover as opposed to doing it yourself. Hiring a Professional carpet cleaner leaves you broke and you can obtain a more affordable cleaning doing it yourself. #BuyBissell

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
While carpet cleaning isn’t rocket science,There are many carpet cleaners but superior names aren’t simple to discover as opposed to doing it yourself. Hiring a Professional carpet cleaner leaves you broke and you can obtain a more affordable cleaning doing it yourself. #BuyBissell
Lol, right. This was just last week.....first I saw this Facebook post in the morning, then at 8:00 that night I get these texts.

870C0A71-A1CE-4B95-8F0E-1459479AA900.jpeg

57745E74-E8F9-44E9-AF70-F9B54C7C05B8.png

20F664E0-CFE0-465E-B220-1F0AF566F857.jpeg

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
My brother in law had his carpets cleaned and they were actually wet for 3 days. Whole house done for $75 took 20 minutes. Surprised it wasn't wet longer.
They used special products where you just spray and go. No extraction or bonnets needed.